Review Round 14 - Fremantle d Brisbane by 36 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommend watching the highlights from the game (yes there's not many). http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/

Really shows how the majority of their scores were low percentage stuff and that our attacking movement was much more deliberate. If you factor in the sitters this was a pretty convincing win in the mud.
Yep. They scored 2 (somewhat umpire assisted) goals both with less than 40 seconds to go on the clock. You add that to the BS 50mtr and then they really never looked convincing in their forward half. The numbers of A.Pearce/Ibbo/Spurr/Duffman and McPharlin show we controlled it pretty well.

Recommend watching the highlights from the game (yes there's not many). http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/

Really shows how the majority of their scores were low percentage stuff and that our attacking movement was much more deliberate. If you factor in the sitters this was a pretty convincing win in the mud.
If you take into account all the mitigating factors we won the 2013 grand final pretty convincingly too Lost_Deputy ;)

A seven goal to one last quarter is a belting, forgetting the previous three s**t ones.

I remember when Brisbane unleashed 12 goal quarters against Freo. I'd like to see more of that from Freo, this era of excellence is pretty dull by comparison.

A seven goal to one last quarter is a belting, forgetting the previous three s**t ones.

I remember when Brisbane unleashed 12 goal quarters against Freo. I'd like to see more of that from Freo, this era of excellence is pretty dull by comparison.

Keeping them to 3 inside 50s for a half last time they came here was pretty cool.

I've come to appreciate the beauty in suffocating defence.
What beauty? Restricting a teams forward movement is simply a function of fitness.

A number of teams have mastered it over the past decade but it hasn't really achieved much.

Yes.. More this! We have had some patches of belting like performances. Unfortunately the Eagles one was so early the last half wasn't worth watching. Silly missed opportunity at percentage.

Looking for more crushing - soul destroying efforts that also line up with legitimacy in relation to ability to win the flag. We will need to be able to pour on the goals in a period of domination if we are to win the year. Unless we play wce... Then I'm confident we will win as per normal.

We have played great dry weather footy all year (apart from one quarter against the Tiges). I'm really hoping for something special this w/e.

When it stopped raining, the arm wrestle against Brissy looked like Wendall Sailor going to town on Ben Ross.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back