Oppo Camp Round 14: Non-Pie games

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lions supporters are really trying hard to convince themselves they won the Beams for DeGoey + Crisp deal.
Beams is a great player, but given how far the Lions are away from being any sort of reasonable team, they would have been far better off building up youngsters.

That's a very strange analysis. We are already one of the youngest teams in the comp. 12 players under 50 games today.

Beams was the class mature addition we needed. Has been exceptional for us.

It's a win/win trade as it stands. No need to warp reality on this one.

That's a very strange analysis. We are already one of the youngest teams in the comp. 12 players under 50 games today.

Fair post. Nobody won out of that trade, you guys got what you wanted in a classy player who can accelerate the young guys, and we got 2 young players who can accelerate around some of our classy guys.

Dat Essendope autopsy thread.

I was angry Hird wasn't sacked long ago. But maybe what's happening now is better. He has rooted that football club for a decade+.

Fair post. Nobody won out of that trade, you guys got what you wanted in a classy player who can accelerate the young guys, and we got 2 young players who can accelerate around some of our classy guys.

And Greenwood.

I don't feel the need to post on the board of another club.
That's ok isn't it?

PS: I may have done it once or twice, (can't remember).
Then again I may have just thought about it and not done it.

Are you the mod that was handing out all those bans to Pies posters?

The Saints being a young team is a myth, plenty of old players (Riewoldt montagna Fisher Armitage Dempster Geary Ray Schneider) and a bunch of middle age players, only a handful of kids.. our 22 would be younger easily.
Their list is mostly players at the start or at the end of their career, so not many of their good players are in their prime. Steven, Bruce, Armitage, Roberton that's almost it

No, you're wrong. The Bears didn't win this trade. They lost it. And massively so.

They put a list of untouchables then traded a fringe player who has comfortably had a better year than any player on it's list of untouchables One of those was Aish. Did Leppa and the Bears flat out refuse to trade him? Who knows. They won't have that luxury this year. Should have traded Aish out.

And Crisp and De Goey combined is a massive loss to the lions. You also get a guy who loves to get on it, and no, not talking about XXXX Gold or any decent beer.

No, you're wrong. The Bears didn't win this trade. They lost it. And massively so.
So you honestly believe Crisp and De Goey would perform as well as Beams has for us?

With no other midfielder's around them to shoulder the load (Pendles, Swan + Sidebottom) and the loss of Rockliff & Hanley for most of the year, I think they'd struggle to do so, personally.

It's a win/win trade at this moment in time, yes.

They put a list of untouchables then traded a fringe player who has comfortably had a better year than any player on it's list of untouchables One of those was Aish. Did Leppa and the Bears flat out refuse to trade him? Who knows. They won't have that luxury this year. Should have traded Aish out.

And Crisp and De Goey combined is a massive loss to the lions. You also get a guy who loves to get on it, and no, not talking about XXXX Gold or any decent beer.
Beams is one of the best players in the comp. He was awesome for us and he's playing awesome footy for Brisbane and will be a mile ahead in the b&f there already in his first year. He's got plenty of good years in him and he's not the offiield knob many try to make out he is. We are very happy with what we got for him... it's a win-win trade!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoyed watching the media wolves tear Carlton apart in the first half of the season, leading to MM's sacking.

Will now enjoy watching the media wolves tear Essendon apart in the second half of the season, inevitably leading to Hird's sacking.

Schadenfreude my fellow Woodsmen (and women).

Enjoyed watching the media wolves tear Carlton apart in the first half of the season, leading to MM's sacking.

Will now enjoy watching the media wolves tear Essendon apart in the second half of the season, inevitably leading to Hird's sacking.

Schadenfreude my fellow Woodsmen (and women).
psssst...... delicious secret delights are to be had reading through the Essendon board game day thread

psssst...... delicious secret delights are to be had reading through the Essendon board game day thread

I'm enjoying the Twitter storm, great reading. e.g.

The priest has lost his flock. Now that the supporters are calling for his head, won't be long now. Not even his media spokesman Blobbo can stop the storm.

So you honestly believe Crisp and De Goey would perform as well as Beams has for us?

With no other midfielder's around them to shoulder the load (Pendles, Swan + Sidebottom) and the loss of Rockliff & Hanley for most of the year, I think they'd struggle to do so, personally.

At the Moment De Goey is not up to Beams but he can Project being in the Same Ilk

Crisp and Beams Stats are Kind Of Close. Just How Many Touches is the Difference. Crisp is in a Top 6 Midfield and Well Beams is in the Bottom Sides Midfield

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...1=3738&tid2=20&pid2=3135&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

I'm enjoying the Twitter storm, great reading. e.g.

The priest has lost his flock. Now that the supporters are calling for his head, won't be long now. Not even his media spokesman Blobbo can stop the storm.

So some Bummer Fans have saw the Light:eek:

Crisp is almost on a level pegging with Beams. De Goey is going to be a superstar too. Pies won the trade and because of Brisbane's stance on it's untouchables the Bears will forever be reminded of dishing of Crisp as a 'steak knives'. Crisp is outperforming every single player on that untouchable list is he not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back