Autopsy Round 14: Sydney vs Port Adelaide 3 Things you learnt

He does that all by himself.

I think he can make it. Check out the way he played in pre-season (I know, I know... pre-season)... he can be a good footballer. Just let him play against some minnow sides to build up some confidence.

May 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Ahahhaahhahahahahahahaha I just read some of the posts on the port Adelaide board an one of their supporters says "our outs are more important than their outs so I don't buy this Sydney depleted by injury bullshit."
Is this tosser for f***ing real?

Apr 10, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Anaheim Angels, UA Crimson Tide
1.Goodes can kick a goal from 50m
2.Impressed with the scramble by Rampe down back tonight.
3. If Shaw takes the kick ins, you may as well just hand the ball over to the opposition.

Oct 1, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Ahahhaahhahahahahahahaha I just read some of the posts on the port Adelaide board an one of their supporters says "our outs are more important than their outs so I don't buy this Sydney depleted by injury bullshit."
Is this tosser for f***ing real?
Saw that too. Laughable. Least some where willing to call him out on that

3. If Shaw takes the kick ins, you may as well just hand the ball over to the opposition.

Someone must have to told Shaw that. There can be no other explanation for trying to take on 3 opposition players 15 metres out from goal.

1. Not having 2 big targets to aim at meant that everyone had to work their butts off when playing forward. Brought back memories of Slingshot '12.
2. Thought we were done for when Teddy was KOed. Instead, the defenders especially Rampe, Grundy and Laidler took the challenge head on and were terrific.
3. Paddy Ryder 3 disposals 22 hitouts 0 goals. If Tippett put out those kind of figures, the media would be all over him like a rash.

Swansujelly

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NBA, Woodville,
1 i love this team at times like this.
2 Jones is gonna be a beauty.
3 While a decent debut, the hype train for Nankervis is a little early. People call Pyke lumbering...

Swans322

Debutant
Apr 12, 2015
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney FC, The Exers
1. Nankervis was better than expected on debut. Once he gets a bit of a tank he'll replace Pyke as our number 1 ruck and hopefully it will allow Tippett to spend more time at FF where he's most dangerous.

2. We need to invest in a good key defender in the offseason. Richards is getting dangerously closer to Shaw territory with each week. Personally I'd like to see Reid at CHB and Grundy at FB for the year if Richards doesn't get any better.

3. If f#$&ing Shaw gets picked one more week I will start sending strongly worded letters directly to Horse. He's just a complete liability. Jones needs to be out there each week playing his role because at least if he spuds up he'll learn from it and improve. McVeigh also needs to spend most of his time off HB. With a bit of reworking our defence could be very good.

3. Paddy Ryder 3 disposals 22 hitouts 0 goals. If Tippett put out those kind of figures, the media would be all over him like a rash.
Only because Tippett came here under a media frenzy. Simple as that. Tippett been statistically one of the better 2nd rucks all season

Zarrix

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
1. Our success is based upon midfield grunt rather than forward star power.
2. We need to build the Nankveris tank ASAP, the next ruck who can also go forward a bit.
3. Fully expected us to capitulate once again when Port got that lead. Happy to see we still have a lot of fight left.

I like to get a view from outside this board sometimes as a comparison

Toby Nankervis is out of contract, and looks quiet good tonight.

Can ruck as well as play forward, I think he is worth a look.
What? He looked terrible. And one of the worst kicking actions I have ever seen.
He's slow than Hannath, doesn't jump, & walks around, Richo talking him up due to being from tassie.
He was knackered after getting a bit of it early. Barely touched it after half time.

How slow is nankervis lol
Swans have another Dierecx on their hands with Nankervis
Nankervis, really good tap work holds position in the contest and taps to the space for the mids to run through
Nankervis looks really promising
Lol, Nankervis has to be the slowest player in the comp. Looking like Rioli against us.
What a monster of a man this Nankervis
Early stages but reminds me a lot of Mumford the way he uses his body.
Nankervis looks the kind of player Port thought Ryder was going to be for them. A genuine forward target who can Ruck a bit, not a number one Ruckman.

Apr 7, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Coney Island, GWS, The Exers!
1: why do we play cleaner up forward when we don't have a fwd line?
2: I underestimated just how s**t port were.
3: FFS i may as well ruck
4: how are these umps so ******* hopeless? guessing, guessing, guessing if your not sure put the whistle away.
5: nakers was a barrel of nerves a few stupid mistakes made it hard to judge him.
6: why can't i stop at 3?

PaulRoos

All Australian
Mar 12, 2007
Down South - WA
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Diorites- Sth Freo - Wolves
1. As always, the longer the season goes on, the better Adam Goodes gets.

2. Reid is hot'n'cold but a keeper none the less ... impresses when it goes his way.

3. A very good team effort, gutsiest game for a coupla years.

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Goodes is in very good form. Showed wines up with that run and goal.

2.jack has one of our absolute best 2 games in a row. Looks like the jack of old

3. Nanka is promising. Still a while off being ready for consistant senior footy but showed enough

I enjoyed last nights fight

But this side currently will be lucky to even get to a prelim

Hawks will beat us up in 2 weeks

The defence if they dont mark or clear it straight away are cooked

Foot skills lacking but the mids on the whole are pretty good well good enough to win it all

The forward line is not working as well as it needs to but the pieces are there

Ruck is a joke

I see a lot of cracks

Would be a bloody heart courage type flag win if it somehow happens

Grongey

Cancelled
Jan 8, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
1. One of our better wins this season, a good team 4Qtr effort, with the leaders showing the way

2. Kudos to Lewis Jetta for sticking up for an injured Luke Parker. As for Broadbent of Port - not your finest moment mate.

3. Liked the look of Zak Jones and Toby Nankervis, both of whom I've been advocating for selection. Both boys gave us something.

4. I haven't given up on Dean Towers. Look at the difference a bit of confidence made to Sam Reid.

Back