Round 14 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

After completely butchering my team in the last 6 - 8 weeks, I'm looking at two options:
6 trades left by the way.

1) Bugg to Handley (best defender I can afford to upgrade to)
or
2) Stephenson to Campbell and Porplyzia to Beams

both options leave me with around 10K left in the bank.

After completely butchering my team in the last 6 - 8 weeks, I'm looking at two options:
6 trades left by the way.

1) Bugg to Handley (best defender I can afford to upgrade to)
or
2) Stephenson to Campbell and Porplyzia to Beams

both options leave me with around 10K left in the bank.

You might be able to do Bugg > Carrazzo if you wait 1 week.

Has to be option two. Wouldn't bother with one at all.

I'm running low on trades and haven't managed my side well at all. just looking to get the best possible upgrades and at the moment, it's probably the best single trade upgrade I can do this week.....

I may just sit and hope for the best for a few weeks though....

Seriously considering Sylvia or Pattison this week.

I really need that 100k, and both options seem feasible to me.

Martin to Sylvia for 100k for similar scoring potential, or Redden to Pattison for 120k and my R4. Even if Pattison doesn't play, it probably doesn't matter.

Then I could use this extra 100k to bring in Carrazzo for Hargrave or Clarke.

Which option seems better? Still 33-33-33 on these options. Option 1/2 or nothing.

Seriously considering Sylvia or Pattison this week.

I really need that 100k, and both options seem feasible to me.

Martin to Sylvia for 100k for similar scoring potential, or Redden to Pattison for 120k and my R4. Even if Pattison doesn't play, it probably doesn't matter.

Then I could use this extra 100k to bring in Carrazzo for Hargrave or Clarke.

Which option seems better? Still 33-33-33 on these options. Option 1/2 or nothing.
My advice would be to hold your trades this week. Play Clarke @ B7 (or Ellis is Clarke misses) & Martin for Pendles @ M6 this week.

You have a much stronger team than you think. IMHO those 2 trades will not net you any more points than the team you have at your disposal ATM. 10 weeks to go mate, the 2 extra trades will become crutial in the next month or two. Plus, Carrazzo should be 10-25k cheaper next week. Hawks are tough opponents. Don't expect more than one or two Blues to tonne up this week.

My advice would be to hold your trades this week. Play Clarke @ B7 (or Ellis is Clarke misses) & Martin for Pendles @ M6 this week.

You have a much stronger team than you think. IMHO that trade will not net you any more points than the team you have at your disposal ATM. 10 weeks to go mate, that extra trade will become crutial in the next month or two. Plus, Carrazzo should be 10-25k cheaper next week. Hawks are tough opponents. Don't expect more than one or two Blues to tonne up.

I'm still almightily pissed that I lost Scotland for no reason what so ever.

You're probably right though. So many trades have been flops, which is extremely frustrating. Ablett/Broughton/Scotland/ the main ones.

With 7 trades left and 234K

Deledio-Goddard-Birchall-Clarke-Bugg-Dempsey-Hargrave (Ellis, Shaw)

Thompson-Ablett-Swan-Priddis-McDonald-McLean (C.Smith, Gibson)

Goldstein-Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

Sidebottom-Franklin-Robinson-Dangerfield-Martin-Harper-Zorko (Didak, Pfeiffer)

Ideas on what to do with it?any would help?
Thinking to upgrade Hargrave/Clarke to an a mid priced premium
and maybe Mcdonald to someone like Rockliff?? this week

And then Next week upgrade the either of Hargrave/Clarke to Carrats??

Would like any other opinions or ideas? is 4 trades enough for the run home with the side looking the way it would?

Is it worth trading out Giles for Griffin?

I've only got 5 trades left but I plan to use two of them to upgrade Hargrave or Clarke to Carazzo, and another to upgrade Shiel to Sidebottom or Chapman.

That would leave me with only three trades (two if I trade Giles), but it seems like this will be the only chance to trade out Giles to a better option at a similar price (since Giles has probably maxed out).

Would not trade out Zorko at all, not yet at least, I would try find a way to trade someone else into Swan, even if it's a double trade it will be worth it having Zorko as coverage IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it worth trading out Giles for Griffin?

I've only got 5 trades left but I plan to use two of them to upgrade Hargrave or Clarke to Carazzo, and another to upgrade Shiel to Sidebottom or Chapman.

That would leave me with only three trades (two if I trade Giles), but it seems like this will be the only chance to trade out Giles to a better option at a similar price (since Giles has probably maxed out).

I'd hold onto Giles man. Considering you'd only be left with 2 trades this early in the season, it'd be safer. he's not exactly bad, and is getting a game each week. I've got the same predicament, but it's more important to make sure your Defence has scoring power before your ruck in my opinion.

Would not trade out Zorko at all, not yet at least, I would try find a way to trade someone else into Swan, even if it's a double trade it will be worth it having Zorko as coverage IMO.

Good call, problem is I can't really chuck double trades around at the moment due to only having 5 left (4 after swapping Delaney for Suckling). I've only gotta get rid of 1 more mid and 1 more defender in order to max out my team, and I'm sitting on about $200k after the Suckling/Delaney Trade.

I might just wait on Zorko, see what happens. Filthy I traded out Ablett all those weeks ago, dumb dumb move.

Good call, problem is I can't really chuck double trades around at the moment due to only having 5 left (4 after swapping Delaney for Suckling). I've only gotta get rid of 1 more mid and 1 more defender in order to max out my team, and I'm sitting on about $200k after the Suckling/Delaney Trade.

I might just wait on Zorko, see what happens. Filthy I traded out Ablett all those weeks ago, dumb dumb move.
Yeah fair enough I misinterpreted, I thought the double would leave you with 3 which isn't ideal but somewhat manageable. 2 is out of the question though. At least wait this week for Zorko and weigh up your options from there, with a negative break-even you have nothing to lose unless Swan scores 200!

Yeah fair enough I misinterpreted, I thought the double would leave you with 3 which isn't ideal but somewhat manageable. 2 is out of the question though. At least wait this week for Zorko and weigh up your options from there, with a negative break-even you have nothing to lose unless Swan scores 200!

I could grab Ablett right now with the Zorko money, but it feels wrong having dropped him earlier on.

I could grab Ablett right now with the Zorko money, but it feels wrong having dropped him earlier on.
Ablett's BE is 155, wait this week for sure and the trade to Ablett could be anywhere between 40-70k less than it would be now. That way after the weekends games you can set your sights on who to get out of Ablett or Swan and save some coin.

FWIW I traded Ablett out too and traded him straight back in, haven't regretted it since. However I do have Swan as well.

Ablett's BE is 155, wait this week for sure and the trade to Ablett could be anywhere between 40-70k less than it would be now. That way after the weekends games you can set your sights on who to get out of Ablett or Swan and save some coin.

FWIW I traded Ablett out too and traded him straight back in, haven't regretted it since. However I do have Swan as well.

My midfield atm reads Mitchell, Sloane, Judd, Zorko, Pendles, Boyd. I have marley williams and some other donut on my bench. Wish I got onto Swan earlier, gotta deal with it now.

So my current team is

B) Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Carazzo, H Shaw, Birchall, Waters (Clarke, Darley

C) Ablett, Thompson, J Selwood, Mitchell, Shuey, Barlow (Gibson, Adams)

R) Maric, Giles (Redden, Stephensen)

F) Sidebottom, Beams, Stevie J, Franklin, Dangerfield, Robinson, Zorko (Crozier, Cameron)

7 trades left and $260k in the bank. My dilemma is Giles, I don't believe he can be relied throughout the remainder of the season so I am considering upgrading Stephensen. Right now it will will cost me about $120k more to bring in Griffen and $140 more for Mummy (could wait for his price to drop more). I need advice on who would be the better option out of the two, I know I could get cox but I want to save about 140k for upgrading cameron latter in the season if zorko drops off or a premo gets a 2-3 week injury.

Roo182- Is it Possible for you to get Zorko into your forward line and upgrade another rookie to Swan in your mids? I think Zorko is worth more up forward and could very well outscore other forward premiums this year like Robinson and Dangerfield.
Or you could bench him... That'd be some pretty nice cover ;)

Roo182- Is it Possible for you to get Zorko into your forward line and upgrade another rookie to Swan in your mids? I think Zorko is worth more up forward and could very well outscore other forward premiums this year like Robinson and Dangerfield.
Or you could bench him... That'd be some pretty nice cover ;)

Right, if I reverse my trades for now, here's what I have:

5 trades, $400k.
Backline Rookies: Townsend (180k), Cam Delaney (189k), Sam Shaw (183k)
Midfield rookies: Zorko, Marley WIlliams (175k), Sexton (172k)
Forward Rookies: Eliott (201k), A Hall (243).

I could put Zorko up forward and replace him in the midfield with Chapman, Robinson, Sidey, Dangerfield or Martin, but then I'm only left with Williams and Sexton to trade out. I'd also like to get rid of Delaney this week as he's not gonna get a game now that McMahon is back for the roos, and his brother is better than him anyway.

See my dilemma?

Ok with those teams named:

O. Stephanson -> T. Campbell
M. Clarke -> H. Scotland

8 trades left and only cosmetic changes for the rest of the year, we'll see how Lenny goes in the second half :/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back