Round 14 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest problem is that your cash cows aren't really worth enough yet (apart from Hall) and like everyone else you are starting to run out of trades.

I think you need to get Swan in your midfield somehow. Personally i'd swap Martin and Zorko, and upgrade Martin to Swan. You have enough cash... Only downgrade Hall or Delaney if you need to fund another upgrade. This is just my opinion though and it may be a little crazy- I currently think Zorko is a top 7 forward but this could change given his lack of AFL experience. It's just a risk that I took. Still, I think he will average more than Martin this year;)

Here was my other option:

Upgrade Delaney to Suckling, rounding out my defence.
Sub Chapman into the midfield for Zorko.
Downgrade Hall in the forward line for some cheap rookie that won't play.

I'm left with 3 trades and $346,000. I'm then banking on Marley Williams or Sexton to go up from 175k, hopefully allowing me to bring in either Swan or Ablett next week.

Risky going into the years with only 2 trades, but, what can you do!? I'll give your way a go, but I just can't risk wasting trades on Martin to Swan when I have so many rookies left...

Ok thoughts on these

Ellis > (non playing back rookie)
Clay Smith > Swan
Leaves Marley Williams and Treloar back up mids and Sam Shaw and traded in player back up backs

OR

Marley Williams > Gibson
Clay Smith > Swan
Leaves Ellis and Sam Shaw back up backs and Gibson and Treloar back up mids

OR

Marley Williams > (non playing for/mid)
Clay Smith > Swan
Leaves Ellis and Sam Shaw back up backs and Treloar/Zorko/Crozier and traded in non player as backup for mid and forward

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I think I like 3 at the moment but have reversed them all at some stage.

Ok thoughts on these

Ellis > (non playing back rookie)
Clay Smith > Swan
Leaves Marley Williams and Treloar back up mids and Sam Shaw and traded in player back up backs

OR

Marley Williams > Gibson
Clay Smith > Swan
Leaves Ellis and Sam Shaw back up backs and Gibson and Treloar back up mids

OR

Marley Williams > (non playing for/mid)
Clay Smith > Swan
Leaves Ellis and Sam Shaw back up backs and Treloar/Zorko/Crozier and traded in non player as backup for mid and forward

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I think I like 3 at the moment but have reversed them all at some stage.

2 or 3 seems the go to me, but if you select 2 will Zorko be on the bench or the field in your forwards? if he is on the field I would select option 2, if he is on the bench I would select option 3

Is it worth swapping Priddis -> Swan? keeping in mind it will mean I have 6 trades left and very little cash

2 or 3 seems the go to me, but if you select 2 will Zorko be on the bench or the field in your forwards? if he is on the field I would select option 2, if he is on the bench I would select option 3

Is it worth swapping Priddis -> Swan? keeping in mind it will mean I have 6 trades left and very little cash

I think by the end of the year Swan is a must have. So if Priddis is 6th mid then I would go for it if you can't fund a different upgrade leaving Priddis as M7

Forwards are Franklin, Dangerfield, Robinson, Beams, Sidebottom, Pavlich, Martin, Zorko.

So with option 3 I have 6 mids 7 forwards with Zorko and Treloar on the bench. 2 good back ups imo for both positions. Although Zorko prob ahead of Martin/Pavlich at moment.

Trade 1
Giles to Mumford
Trade 2
Aaron Hall to Coling Sylvia

Rucks will be Cox and mumford.

Current team
Mids: Watson, Swan, Selwood, Barlow, Pendlebury, Zorko, McDonald, Gibson
Forwards: Beams, Sidebottom, Franklin, Charpman, S Johnson, Dangerfield, Martin, Sylvia, Zaharakis
left with 8 trades.

should i get Sylvia as Emergency cover while i wait for Zahrakis to come back.
Zorko already covering pendlebury

other option is
Zahrakis to Stanton and lose DPP link. and zorko is then benched as a forward.

Trade 1
Giles to Mumford
Trade 2
Aaron Hall to Coling Sylvia

Rucks will be Cox and mumford.

Current team
Mids: Watson, Swan, Selwood, Barlow, Pendlebury, Zorko, McDonald, Gibson
Forwards: Beams, Sidebottom, Franklin, Charpman, S Johnson, Dangerfield, Martin, Sylvia, Zaharakis
left with 8 trades.

should i get Sylvia as Emergency cover while i wait for Zahrakis to come back.
Zorko already covering pendlebury

other option is
Zahrakis to Stanton and lose DPP link. and zorko is then benched as a forward.
The issue is the complete lack of downgrade options.

Ideally Hall > Forward rookie
McDonald to Stanton/Ablett

Don't think I would worry about Mumford at this stage

in the same boat as most people. this is what i have narrowed it down too.

clarke --> scotland this week
hargrave --> carrots next week.

or hargrave --> scotland this week
clarke --> carrots next week

second option obviously more conservative money wise
first option means i'm not stuck playing a rookie this week like sam shaw and it also gives me another week to make sure carrots is the man for the job, and gives hargrave another chance to prove himself

anyone in this exact same position?

in the same boat as most people. this is what i have narrowed it down too.

clarke --> scotland this week
hargrave --> carrots next week.

or hargrave --> scotland this week
clarke --> carrots next week

second option obviously more conservative money wise
first option means i'm not stuck playing a rookie this week like sam shaw and it also gives me another week to make sure carrots is the man for the job, and gives hargrave another chance to prove himself

anyone in this exact same position?

I'm in your exact position but I'm biting the bullet and including both this week. Except my emergencies are Darley and Spurr so my hand is forced with Hargrave possibly dropping by 15k. Probably around the same as Carrots, so why not go for a win this week anyway?

Here was my other option:

Upgrade Delaney to Suckling, rounding out my defence.
Sub Chapman into the midfield for Zorko.
Downgrade Hall in the forward line for some cheap rookie that won't play.

I'm left with 3 trades and $346,000. I'm then banking on Marley Williams or Sexton to go up from 175k, hopefully allowing me to bring in either Swan or Ablett next week.

Risky going into the years with only 2 trades, but, what can you do!? I'll give your way a go, but I just can't risk wasting trades on Martin to Swan when I have so many rookies left...
I like this a lot more. Good idea :)

$169,000 and 6 trades left. Still have both Bugg and Clarke to upgrade to finish my team. Would love to get Carrots and Scotland in but can't afford both. I'm thinking just Clarke to Carrots next week after he's lost a bit more value hopefully and save the cash for the inevitable injuries and other s**t I'll cop.

Question is, have I targeted the right two upgrades?

Defenders are: Goddard, Waters, Broughton, Shaw, Lake, Bugg, Clarke, Ellis*, Shaw*

Also gone with Shaw over Ellis this week as Ellis is a huge sub risk.

Alot of people trading out Giles. Anybody think he'll return to form?

I'm debating this at the moment myself.

Either I keep him and have 3 trades left for LTI's or I trade him this week and hope that 2 trades is enough. I think this is probably as valuable as Giles will be for the rest of the year (barring any form turn around). There seems to be a few parallels between Giles 2012 and Zac Smith 2011 in that both started fantastically but fell away towards the end due to it being their first AFL season.

Not sure what the right answer is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Giles to Griffin? Would leave me with 3 trades left. Ideally I would get Carazzo in for Hargrave but I will need 2 trades to do that. I figure Griffin can average 10 points more but how long unil Sandi is back?

Hey guys, I have around 200k in the bank which leaves me with a few options. I'm thinking of bringing in carrots for marty, which will hopefully seal up my backline. Heres my side, if anyone can offer some advice it would be great

DEF: B Deledio (0), B Goddard (0), B Waters (126), G Broughton (57), J Adcock (66), M Clarke (36), H Shaw (81), ///S Darley (68), S Shaw (21)

MID: M Boyd (70), S Thompson (107), G Ablett (0), J Selwood (100), J Magner (70), D Zorko (120), ///S Pendlebury (0), M Williams (61)

RUCK: D Cox (83), J Giles (48), ///O Stephenson (0), J Redden (0)

FWD: S Sidebottom (81), L Franklin (0), P Chapman (118), M Robinson (0), P Dangerfield (100), D Martin (0), T Dickson (86),/// A Kennedy (0), H Crozier (44)

Doing just the one trade this week, going with Clarke > Howard which gives me 65k in the bank and with Howards B/E around 13 and Carrots's B/E at around 131 I hope one makes the right amount of money, the other losing the right amount of money so then I can just straight swap Howard for Carrots next week saving me from downgrading Taylor Adams because there's basically no good forward downgrades left

Doing just the one trade this week, going with Clarke > Howard which gives me 65k in the bank and with Howards B/E around 13 and Carrots's B/E at around 131 I hope one makes the right amount of money, the other losing the right amount of money so then I can just straight swap Howard for Carrots next week saving me from downgrading Taylor Adams because there's basically no good forward downgrades left

Any interest in Colin Sylvia?

Have a bit of a dilemma facing me today.

Current stocks are Hargrave/Darley/Shaw as my B7-9, Gibson+McDonald as my mid bench, Giles/Goldstein/BigO/Longer as my rucks and Zorko/Treloar/Elliot as my F7-9.

Am between these options:

Option1 : BigO/Longer --> Campbell, Giles --> Ryder. Then next week, Hargrave --> Carrazzo

Option 2: McDonald --> McIntyre/Schloithe (aka a basement price DPP fwd/mid), Giles --> Maric. Then next week, Hargrave --> Carrazzo.

Having a DPP fwd/mid means I can use Zorko/Treloar/Elliot to cover a mid out. However Zorks will be my F7 in both scenarios. Pretty much an all or nothing strategy; don't care about leagues, just want to get as high of an overall as possible.

Thoughts?

How many trades have you got?

I'm in a similar boat ruckwise (Maric/Giles/BigO/Redden), 6 trades left, 190k in the bank. However I'm planning on a defender upgrade next week, which'll leave me with 60k in the bank and 5 trades. I don't think I'm going to waste a trade to upgrade Giles, who knows what injuries are going to occur over the next 10 rounds?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back