Game Day Round 14 vs Port Adelaide - Game Day Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather
Chance of rain - 5%.
Radar shows no sign of rain.

Sydney by 40. We will #tearthemapart.

We're in some serious trouble if we drop this one. Port may have been rubbish all year but after a loss to Carlton and a week off to think things over, and regroup they may be a different proposition tonight. I hope we're switched on.

I have a strange feeling we will have a late omission, as we sometimes do on 6 day turnarounds

Who you thinking? Injury or structural?

Port will be desperate. Coming off one of the most humiliating loses of their last 2 years, this game basically makes or breaks their season in terms of making the Top 8. Hope we're ready for that level of intensity.

Been wanting to see Toby Nankervis and Zak Jones get their chance. Coaches, don't make these boys wear the red vest, Dean Towers can do that this week.

Sam Reid's contribution will be interesting with the Twin Towers Buddy and Kurt both sitting out.

Who you thinking? Injury or structural?
Injury- niggle similar to Grundy earlier, as they have limited break, I think Buddy pulled out late of Dons last year as well.

Also: I want to see any of the emergencies play as prior to heeney/McGlynn/Tippo/buddy return may be their last shot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So would a pet unicorn, some dodo drumsticks and a good kick in defensive 50 by Rampe

Stay positive, mark my words the boys will lift tonight in honour of the great man's national day. The bay covers won't know what hit them. O Canada!

Injury- niggle similar to Grundy earlier, as they have limited break, I think Buddy pulled out late of Dons last year as well.

Also: I want to see any of the emergencies play as prior to heeney/McGlynn/Tippo/buddy return may be their last shot

Port Adelaide is NOT the game to experiment. If they are fit enough, they play. You can give them a rest next week with Heeney, McGlynn, etc available.

Port Adelaide is NOT the game to experiment. If they are fit enough, they play. You can give them a rest next week with Heeney, McGlynn, etc available.

Disagree- Teams structurally have figured out Port, more worried about games against Eagles and Pies than this. Teams have kept 2 players in corridor and have played slow, keeping the ball, keep one loose back and beat them one-one.

Not saying we will walk it in, just saying I dont think you can categorically rule out starting people with less experience for fear of facing a 2014 Port

Disagree- Teams structurally have figured out Port, more worried about games against Eagles and Pies than this. Teams have kept 2 players in corridor and have played slow, keeping the ball, keep one loose back and beat them one-one.

Not saying we will walk it in, just saying I dont think you can categorically rule out starting people with less experience for fear of facing a 2014 Port

Talk about overconfident...do I need to remind you how we played against Richmond? We are not in the best form ourselves. We can't have 4-5 changes, that is just too many. 2 forced changes and DRex out because he is ordinary is a good number. You realise we have to fit Sir Issac and McGlynn in next week. Do you really want 5+ changes next week?

Talk about overconfident...do I need to remind you how we played against Richmond? We are not in the best form ourselves. We can't have 4-5 changes, that is just too many. 2 forced changes and DRex out because he is ordinary is a good number. You realise we have to fit Sir Issac and McGlynn in next week. Do you really want 5+ changes next week?

We do play the lions.......

I get what you are saying re:eek:verconfident I mean we have lost 1 game in like 8 weeks, we played 1 poor half of footy and people keep looking at port and seeing 2014 port not 2015, two different teams!!!

We do play the lions.......

I get what you are saying re:eek:verconfident I mean we have lost 1 game in like 8 weeks, we played 1 poor half of footy and people keep looking at port and seeing 2014 port not 2015, two different teams!!!

No people see Port with players that can win games off their own boot. Robbie Gray kills us every time, Wingard is elite, then Wines, Hartlett, etc. They have blokes to hurt us. We don't need more changes than we have. We need to improve our home record, we don't need to experiment with emergencies to do this.

I'm glad to see Nankervis get a shot in a situation that he was suited to (playing as the 2nd ruck/FF) and that Longmire didn't try to shoehorn Derickx into that role because of (slightly more) seniority.

I'm not expecting to see much at all from him though. He's debuting against Lobbe/Ryder in the ruck and Trengove/Carlile in the forward line, he'll have a rough go of it no matter where he is as a debutant. I'm expecting Derickx-like numbers (sub-10 touches, maybe 10ish HO's, maybe a goal and a few tackles) but with scope to improve obviously given his age which we wouldn't get from Derickx.

The side will need a big game from the midfield and flanks/wingmen to get this done. Goals from Parker, Jack, Kennedy and Hannebery, McVeigh, Jetta and Lloyd to hit targets consistently and break the lines and hard-running into defence to help. Paddy Ryder is often marked up on by Ted and often beats him easily on the lead when he plays us (he's done so for years now) so with Schulz, Westhoff, Wingard and Gray they'll have a lot of work to do back there.

I feel like this is a game that Goodes will want to step up in. I'm feeling an impactful one from him tonight. On the other hand, I'm not confident we'll see much of Reid at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back