Unofficial Preview Early Thoughts - Round 14 vs Port Adelaide - SCG Thurday Night Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the idea of Rohan forward, can always move Reid there later if needed, but lets go more versatile, give towers a game

Id go the 2 forwards out for Towers and Robinson and make robinson sub

Id drop Drex for Nankervis as well
I dont care if Pyke is right he can go play in the Neafl

Yeah alright mate. I watched the same match you did against the Blues and thought he was fine.

I thought he had some good energy as sub, given his reserves form and our need for crumbers its a good idea

I thought he had some good energy as sub, given his reserves form and our need for crumbers its a good idea

You can have as much energy as a light saver on Star Wars...it makes very little difference. It is all about how clean you are especially for a small forward.

You can have as much energy as a light saver on Star Wars...it makes very little difference. It is all about how clean you are especially for a small forward.

why?

we need some bloody energy and pressure up forward and to keep the ball in there, if Jack can do this fantastic.

Also when he subbed on how was he not "clean" especially compared to others.

Luke Parker is hardly clean, want him out?

why?

we need some bloody energy and pressure up forward and to keep the ball in there, if Jack can do this fantastic.

Also when he subbed on how was he not "clean" especially compared to others.

Luke Parker is hardly clean, want him out?

We also need good players in AFL standard form, there is a balance. I'd rather Towers play than Brandon Jack at least. You can have a few fumbly players but if you have a whole side of them you are running a massive risk. Parker has been getting better at that, and he is a genuine mid, of course he is less clean (or supposed to) than a small forward.

We have to be careful, we can't have 5+ changes, we already have 2, might be 3 with DRex (if Pyke is fit) going out but really we don't need to change our whole team.

I have said this a few times, but why not play Kieran Jack up forward. Can tackle, can kick a goal anyway and is AFL quality. We have enough midfielders, as it is Kennedy is barely playing there (which is a bit silly)

We also need good players in AFL standard form, there is a balance. I'd rather Towers play than Brandon Jack at least. You can have a few fumbly players but if you have a whole side of them you are running a massive risk. Parker has been getting better at that, and he is a genuine mid, of course he is less clean (or supposed to) than a small forward.

We have to be careful, we can't have 5+ changes, we already have 2, might be 3 with DRex (if Pyke is fit) going out but really we don't need to change our whole team.

I have said this a few times, but why not play Kieran Jack up forward. Can tackle, can kick a goal anyway and is AFL quality. We have enough midfielders, as it is Kennedy is barely playing there (which is a bit silly)

I think Jack is clean enough, but yes there wont be wholesale changes, I imagine just the two forced and id prefer Towers this week.

Kennedy Jack Parker one needs to be forward at all times IMO on rotation, wether you just play K Jack as a high half forward I dont know, maybe

I like the idea of Rohan and Towers forward this week.

Yeah, I'm a little worried about that. I haven't seen Nankervis at all but surely if we're after a primary forward/2nd ruck he's a better choice than Derickx?

images

That is a better option than Drex

I think Jack is clean enough, but yes there wont be wholesale changes, I imagine just the two forced and id prefer Towers this week.

Kennedy Jack Parker one needs to be forward at all times IMO on rotation, wether you just play K Jack as a high half forward I dont know, maybe

I like the idea of Rohan and Towers forward this week.

Towers deserves a chance, in fact I thought he was ultra unlucky to get dropped in the first place. Horse seems to have this idea that he is the best sub. It spells disaster for Towers as has to be given a good chance.

Personally Parker and Kieran Jack should be the ones forward. Whilst Kennedy can float forward, this idea that he is a great forward is silly. He isn't, at best he is a resting mid, at best. I'd prefer him in the centre, delivering the ball into the F50.

Towers deserves a chance, in fact I thought he was ultra unlucky to get dropped in the first place. Horse seems to have this idea that he is the best sub. It spells disaster for Towers as has to be given a good chance.

Personally Parker and Kieran Jack should be the ones forward. Whilst Kennedy can float forward, this idea that he is a great forward is silly. He isn't, at best he is a resting mid, at best. I'd prefer him in the centre, delivering the ball into the F50.

Goodes will probably be the one Horse moves to full forward anyway

Don't butcher the classics it's a light sabre or saber you have a combination of a round lolly and laser sword.

Sorry the nerd in me couldn't let it go

must win game really, just did a ladder predictor had us losing to hawthorn, geelong, west coast, collingwood

ladder finishes as

Haw 18-4
Freo 18-4
Coll 16-6
West Coast 15-7
Sydney 15-7
Richmond 15-7
North 13-9
Adel 13-9

if we lost this game i have us 6th on 14-8

Don't butcher the classics it's a light sabre or saber you have a combination of a round lolly and laser sword.

Sorry the nerd in me couldn't let it go

I just knew it light up lol. I haven't seen them for ages though
must win game really, just did a ladder predictor had us losing to hawthorn, geelong, west coast, collingwood

ladder finishes as

Haw 18-4
Freo 18-4
Coll 16-6
West Coast 15-7
Sydney 15-7
Richmond 15-7
North 13-9
Adel 13-9

if we lost this game i have us 6th on 14-8

Collingwood are not going 16-6...and we are not losing to West Coast...and I love the pessimistic side but how are we losing to Geelong? We flogged them first time around and they just lost to Melbourne. We will come 2nd or 3rd depending on how many Freo and Hawthorn drop.

I just knew it light up lol. I haven't seen them for ages though

Collingwood are not going 16-6...and we are not losing to West Coast...and I love the pessimistic side but how are we losing to Geelong? We flogged them first time around and they just lost to Melbourne. We will come 2nd or 3rd depending on how many Freo and Hawthorn drop.

If we play like we did Friday

then i think we are in danger of dropping

Port at SCG (wo forwards and ruck)
Hawks at ANZ
Eagles at Subi
Cats in Geelong- makes a massive difference
Pies at SCG- they keep beating us

our best can win them all, but the way im feeling now i see it as above.
hopefully its wrong but cmon current form is poor

why cant the pies go 16-6 especially if they beat us which are they losing?

Hawthorn MCG yep
Port AO---- no they travel well and port are poor v pies
West Coast ES-- not in melb they will be fav
Bulldogs ES- id tip pies
Melb MCG-- easy win
Carl MCG -- easy win
Syd SCG-- right now id tip them
Rich- MCG good record v tigers but i had them losing this and hawks game
Geel- mCG easy win
Ess MCG easy win

if anything they may only lose hawks game on current form

Greg Ryan

Senior List
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Does anyone think Abe Davis is a chance? He is a versatile tall, who can be deployed forward, back or in the midfield.

He was the emergency last week and is in good form.

Does anyone think Abe Davis is a chance? He is a versatile tall, who can be deployed forward, back or in the midfield.

He was the emergency last week and is in good form.

How did he go in the ressies?

buddy is not a good contested mark either and horse plays him there

That's what seems to be missing from his game compared to last year. Needs to get on his bike up the ground as much as he can when he is getting beaten. Subsequently if he does that his tackling can become a game saver for guys streaming into the opposition 50

Hawks at ANZ
Eagles at Subi

why cant the pies go 16-6 especially if they beat us which are they losing?

Hawthorn MCG yep
Port AO---- no they travel well and port are poor v pies
West Coast ES-- not in melb they will be fav
Bulldogs ES- id tip pies
Melb MCG-- easy win
Carl MCG -- easy win
Syd SCG-- right now id tip them
Rich- MCG good record v tigers but i had them losing this and hawks game
Geel- mCG easy win
Ess MCG easy win

if anything they may only lose hawks game on current form

We will only drop the Hawks game coming home. This week is interesting but it isn't as if Port are fantastic themselves. Shut Wingard down and we will be fine, and Gray would have to be still in doubt (although I think he will play). We won't lose to Geelong, WCE or Collingwood. We play the Pies at the SCG not at that dump called ANZ. Plus by that time of year it will have stopped raining in Sydney.

Pies will lose Hawthorn, Port (just watch, Port are getting a few back after this week), Sydney, and Richmond. Have them coming 4th or 5th depending on Richmond. Then they have real 50/50 games against Geelong and the WB.

People are getting carried away with Collingwood on Friday. Any other top 4 side would have flogged Fremantle that night. It was horrendous, and yet they still won. I do rate Collingwood but expecting a relatively young side to go 16-6 is pushing it.

Hawks at ANZ
Eagles at Subi

We have an unbelievably good draw in 2015. Only played 4 top 8 teams so far (lost 3, scraped through in 1) and we only play 4 more games against the current top 8 for the rest of the season.

We have an unbelievably good draw in 2015. Only played 4 top 8 teams so far (lost 3, scraped through in 1) and we only play 4 more games against the current top 8 for the rest of the season.

That is what scares the living daylights out of me- we always play worse against teams we should beat. I'm relatively happy the last month we have a couple of tough matches, and we have the ability in the last round to rest some tired bodies.

We will only drop the Hawks game coming home. This week is interesting but it isn't as if Port are fantastic themselves. Shut Wingard down and we will be fine, and Gray would have to be still in doubt (although I think he will play). We won't lose to Geelong, WCE or Collingwood. We play the Pies at the SCG not at that dump called ANZ. Plus by that time of year it will have stopped raining in Sydney.

Pies will lose Hawthorn, Port (just watch, Port are getting a few back after this week), Sydney, and Richmond. Have them coming 4th or 5th depending on Richmond. Then they have real 50/50 games against Geelong and the WB.

People are getting carried away with Collingwood on Friday. Any other top 4 side would have flogged Fremantle that night. It was horrendous, and yet they still won. I do rate Collingwood but expecting a relatively young side to go 16-6 is pushing it.

The side i watched Friday night is not roaring home with 1 loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back