Unofficial Preview Early Thoughts - Round 14 vs Port Adelaide - SCG Thurday Night Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have an unbelievably good draw in 2015. Only played 4 top 8 teams so far (lost 3, scraped through in 1) and we only play 4 more games against the current top 8 for the rest of the season.

Yup and if we play like we have the last few weeks we will lose all 4 of those remaining games

The side i watched Friday night is not roaring home with 1 loss

To a degree yes, but I like to view it as surely we can't play any worse. Tippett and Buddy having a week off is good, they need it anyway (I just wish it wasn't in the same game). Plus we just looked flat after a bye, it happens, we aren't the only team to look flat.

Yup and if we play like we have the last few weeks we will lose all 4 of those remaining games
We've downhill skied extremely well though, 8 wins against the bottom 10 sides - we should win all the rest easily.

We've also only won 35 out of our past 44 games, have only made top 4 in 3 out of the past 3 seasons, top 8 only the last 20 or so seasons in a row, and won only 20% of the premerships on offer in the last decade. Worrying times indeed.

To a degree yes, but I like to view it as surely we can't play any worse. Tippett and Buddy having a week off is good, they need it anyway (I just wish it wasn't in the same game). Plus we just looked flat after a bye, it happens, we aren't the only team to look flat.

Bye excuse when swansfan51 is online..... tsk tsk :p

We've also only won 35 out of our past 44 games, have only made top 4 in 3 out of the past 3 seasons, top 8 only the last 20 or so seasons in a row, and won only 20% of the premerships on offer in the last decade. Worrying times indeed.

not a worry to me I just think we may miss the top 4 when i do a ladder predictor.

People can disagree if they want, I am happy to be wrong.

We've downhill skied extremely well though, 8 wins against the bottom 10 sides - we should win all the rest easily.

I guess if you continually beat at least the bottom 10 sides then you are a finalist

Bye excuse when swansfan51 is online..... tsk tsk :p

It is a factor though. It is why I was nervous when we weren't far ahead at 1/2 time. We needed a bigger buffer considering we were off the bye. That doesn't excuse the poor skills, but it is a factor. We will be better for the run this week and it is why we will run over Port in the last quarter.

I feel (am hopeful?) that we will see a different, more desperate Swans this Thursday. That 2nd half was the kick in the butt they needed, a grounding point, for this season. Our draw is soft, but in the next 6 weeks we are playing some contenders that appear to be in top (or near top) form, particularly the hawks, eagles and magpies (battle of the birds...). We need to build into some real solid form from here on in.

This Thursday is the perfect game to start building that momentum. Port will be a team that will probably play desparately but will struggle to get any flowing play going. The lack of 2 tall forwards will give our mids/half backs no choice but to lower their eyes or take the game/goals on themselves.

At least I hope this is correct. From the outside this board's reaction "to just one game" may feel extreme. But that is because they look at our win/loss and not how we have been playing in those wins.

I feel (am hopeful?) that we will see a different, more desperate Swans this Thursday. That 2nd half was the kick in the butt they needed, a grounding point, for this season. Our draw is soft, but in the next 6 weeks we are playing some contenders that appear to be in top (or near top) form, particularly the hawks, eagles and magpies (battle of the birds...). We need to build into some real solid form from here on in.

This Thursday is the perfect game to start building that momentum. Port will be a team that will probably play desparately but will struggle to get any flowing play going. The lack of 2 tall forwards will give our mids/half backs no choice but to lower their eyes or take the game/goals on themselves.

At least I hope this is correct. From the outside this board's reaction "to just one game" may feel extreme. But that is because they look at our win/loss and not how we have been playing in those wins.

Yer its not round 4 anymore this week is round 14 we should be really hitting our straps we just aren't crushing teams to this point like we where in 2014.

Even against weak sides we haven't dominated at all our % is telling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

must win game really, just did a ladder predictor had us losing to hawthorn, geelong, west coast, collingwood

ladder finishes as

Haw 18-4
Freo 18-4
Coll 16-6
West Coast 15-7
Sydney 15-7
Richmond 15-7
North 13-9
Adel 13-9

if we lost this game i have us 6th on 14-8

Dear Sir!

We will win the next 6 in a row.

We will respond as a team.
Starting with a 50 point win against Port Thursday night!
We need to give our club more credit than the media & other clubs are giving us.

I am extremely confident we will shut them all up this week!

Dear Sir!

We will win the next 6 in a row.

We will respond as a team.
Starting with a 50 point win against Port Thursday night!
We need to give our club more credit than the media & other clubs are giving us.

I am extremely confident we will shut them all up this week!

I hope you are correct

we are capable

are we willing? time will tell

Yer its not round 4 anymore this week is round 14 we should be really hitting our straps we just aren't crushing teams to this point like we where in 2014.

Even against weak sides we haven't dominated at all our % is telling.

It is disconcerting that we haven't yet got consistency in our game or that we aren't playing fluently, or that we haven't yet properly dominated any side. But there are now 10 games before the finals. From here on in is where form matters right?

I have faith that we are pacing ourselves to build into top form at season's end. But if we are playing anywhere near our best right now, then we have no hope of doing any damage in the finals.

The next 6 weeks will be telling.

The biased sh.t that comes from Derm's mouth regarding the Swans since we beat them in 2012 is starting to look unprofessional from the turd!

Going by his thinking, when a soldier goes down at the Hawks, another soldier comes in but at the Swans, when we lose a "billionaire", another "jobber"
comes in!
Ferk Witt!

I should add Sir swans, that the best part of winning these next 6 games is that it will be one less for the Hawks, Pies & West Coast on your predictor.
So even if we beat both West Coast & the Pies it will have us in the top 4!

I should add Sir swans, that the best part of winning these next 6 games is that it will be one less for the Hawks, Pies & West Coast on your predictor.
So even if we beat both West Coast & the Pies it will have us in the top 4!

true

im just feeling negative still at the moment

It is disconcerting that we haven't yet got consistency in our game or that we aren't playing fluently, or that we haven't yet properly dominated any side. But there are now 10 games before the finals. From here on in is where form matters right?

I have faith that we are pacing ourselves to build into top form at season's end. But if we are playing anywhere near our best right now, then we have no hope of doing any damage in the finals.

The next 6 weeks will be telling.

Geelong finished equal first on wins last year but had a percentage of 113 they went out in straight sets.

Winning well this week will have a two fold effect.
It will not only send a message out to the rest of the competition to show our players some respect, but it will also send out a loud & clear reminder to Buddy what our club is about.
Taking a shot at goal from an acute angle on the left, when 5 goals up just prior to half time, instead of passing off to Reid (I think it was) who was alone 20 meters out in front, is not acceptable in any team, least of all the selfless Bloods. I have no doubt this was frowned upon by the coaches in their discussion with him at half time in the rooms. Hopefully the "jobbers" can show those sitting in the stands, including Buddy, Tippo & the ferking Vic media, what the Bloods is about.
Buddy & Tippo showed a lack of leadership in getting reported the other night & no doubt this would have had an unsettling effect on the rest of the team.
Thursday night we will be a closer resemblance to the Bloods team that won us the flag in 2012 with no genuine big forward.

Geelong finished equal first on wins last year but had a percentage of 113 they went out in straight sets.

Geelong also lost a game by 110 points last year. Not too sure what Geelong did last season has to do with our current position or how we will do this season.

It is all in our hands and the next 6 weeks will be telling and I believe this team has gears to go through. I just hope they start clicking into them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back