jusjoshin

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2008
Gosnells
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, East Side Hawks
Can Tabs play back? We can just swap him & Alex. Though I'd be more comfortable doing that after we get Dawson or Silvagni back
Not really. He has played back a couple of times and was ordinary. His fumbling of marks back there would kill us.

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Not sure Des and Dale would've found Sherro's laser beam entry last night too discraceful.

I am overseas and haven't watched the last three games but comments like Sheridan lacks penetration in his kicking, has no skills are just wrong. His kicking and skills are very good on most occasions, very good kick on goal. Clearly is being played in the backline to develop the defence side of his game, but will end up on the wing. He has lacked the ability to get involved enough ( bit like Suban) and was too easily knocked of the ball but better this year.

Having said all that, I prefer the Gu for the now but Sheridan still has good upside. He is likely not in great form, very possibly could do with time at Peel but the comments on his lack of skills is laughable.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Not really. He has played back a couple of times and was ordinary. His fumbling of marks back there would kill us.

He doesn't need to be marking everything in defence though, just has to kill it. I've heard worse ideas tbh, I've actually liked the little I've seen of Tabs playing as a defender.

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
WHO do we give a go?

Apeness - out for the season
Hannath - Tried that, that really didn't pan out
Moller - Promising, but still a stick figure and on the rookie list
Irish - Hahahahaha... maybe next year
TV - more back than forward, also on the rookie list

Mzungu, Blakely, Weller, Griff - not really a key forward

We need another tall to keep KPD's from mauling Pav. If Tabs is leading and needs a defender, Pav is not being double teamed. Mayne does not draw the next tallest KPD. This makes us easy to outmark when we are bombing it into the fifty.

I don't know else to put this... the cupboard is bare. There is only Taberner.

And A Pearce

Remove this Banner Ad

Back