Review Round 15 - GWS Giants vs St. Kilda, Sunday July 12th, 1.10pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Haynes will play. Given that Roo and Bruce are pretty mobile and probably cover more ground that most other KPF duos in the comp, I suspect Tomlinson might spend some time on one of them, taking the pressure of Haynes a bit.

Of the extended bench, I would think Lamb, Kelly and one of Kenners or Hampton to drop off.

Jeez the three players to drop away from the bench will be stiff to go.

Were I to guess I'd say Lobb (with tommo pinch hitting in the ruck instead), Steele and Lamb to drop out, but Lobb has been serviceable if unspectacular (his contested marking last week stood out to me), Steele has been great in his two games and Lamb just kicked 8 against an AFL reggies team.

So Tomlinson, Haynes and Cogs in. Very handy.

Kennedy, Marchbank and Stewart omitted.

Lamb and Kelly join Kennedy as emergencies.

I see the vest going to either Cogs because he's coming back without a run in the Magoos and he has worn it on more than one occasion so is a little bit used to it - or Steele because Cogs is coming back and he's young and might need "managing" in his game time.

It'll be interesting to see lobb in the forward line this week... He looks like he can take a grab. At 206cms that's a fair asset (plus he runs a 15 beep).
Not sure but I think the tallest saints defender is about 194cm... Love to see him isolated.

If they can get 10kgs on his frame that would help even more.

Prefer Hampton, but for team balance and easing the big fella in, you're prob on the money
Yeah look so would I to be honest but I'm not sure it's gonna happen. Easing Tomlinson in makes sense but his bigger frame might b of better value in such a small backline

It'll be interesting to see lobb in the forward line this week... He looks like he can take a grab. At 206cms that's a fair asset (plus he runs a 15 beep).
Not sure but I think the tallest saints defender is about 194cm... Love to see him isolated.

If they can get 10kgs on his frame that would help even more.
We could challenge them for height in our forward line. Might be the same at the other end for them too. This could be a bit of a shoot out, unless it gets wet. Will cold, we can count on that much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The wet weather will nullify our ruck disadvantage. Also we play better once the heavens open, remember our thunderstruck match against the swans anyone?

Feeling confident today. Stuff the weather. If anything it nullifies out defensive and ruck problems

Giants by 10 points

Is it going to be raining in Sydney? The weather forecast is cloudy with no rain.

Hasn't rained since midnight at SO but forecast is for 60% chance of rain.
It's also supposed to be cold and windy, expect a small crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back