Autopsy Round 15: Richmond Tigers vs Sandringham, Saturday 25th of July @ ME Centre, Punt Rd at 1:30pm

Who will win?

• Richmond

• Sandringham

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dominated that quarter but couldn't convert. Matt Dea starring across half back and Conca dominated the midfield giving us plenty of drive. McBean and McKenzie looking dangerous up forward. Gordon getting hands on the footy but couldn't work out the breeze. Liking George across half back attacks the ball without fear. Interesting that Knights and McDonough were standing with Vickery and Titch while Elton and Butler(?) spent that half warming up on the boundary, expect them to play second half.

Looking forward to seeing Butters. Pending any trade, he covers a gap in our list. Not expecting much after such a long lay-off, but a glimpse of the speed and pressure would be nice.

Total domination by Richmond in that quarter. Ball barely left our half of the ground and when it did it wasn't for long. 11 scoring shots to 7 doesn't accurately reflect how dominant it was.

Half Time: 4-7 to 2-5

Bean has at least 3 goals 2 behinds (he had that by the 5 minute mark of the 2nd). Was quieter after that but what has impressed me in his more recent games is that he halves more contests. Last year and even earlier this year he was getting outbodied and outmarked too often. It's happening a lot less now

Conca busy again but a lot cleaner with his disposal this week and great in traffic again. Got caught holding it once but he's taking risks to break lines so you'll take that. I reckon if he plays the second half somewhere like the first, then he'll be in the 1's next week.

Big Bloody Reecy McKenzie took about 3 contested marks in that quarter! Was more please seeing him make a sustained chase of an opponent that almost resulted in a turnover. That's an area that I'm sure they've asked him to work hard on. Boy of boy, he's got a good pair of hands though.

Dea good again mopping up everything. Still the odd helicopter kick but going well otherwise.

Soldo competing hard again. Took a nice contested mark in that quarter. Was pleased to see him fly the flag when a Sandringham player decked the smallest player on our team.

Not sure if Ellis played in the first quarter but I didn't see him. He was there in the second though but i didn't see him get it all that often.

Missed the start but apparently Elton ran out with the team. Hasn't been sighted yet but I'll assume he'll be amoungst it in the second half.

Astbury going better than last week. Taking some nice intercept marks across the backline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like to go to pre-season training a couple of times a year.
I remember going a few years ago and watching the team do some forward 50 work.
The highlight was a first year player roving perfectly and snapping the goal.
Since then had a soft spot for Sheds, even when he'd grubber every 3rd kick. :oops:

Well I'm not there yet for Butler, but he is getting me a little moist.

Conca back next week I reckon. Dominant performance today. Looks to have picked up some zip and his agility in traffic to get clear would be handy.

Back