Preview Round 15: Richmond vs Carlton @ MCG - Friday 7:50pm, 10/07/2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys I'm in Melbourne that night at the game. I was considering wearing my crows gear should I or should I not?

I would. I turned up to a few norf games last year in my tiges gear and sat in their cheersquad to boost their attendance numbers.:p;) (may have got a few stares, when I yelled out go tiges considering they weren't playing:p:oops:)

Last edited:
hey guys I'm in Melbourne that night at the game. I was considering wearing my crows gear should I or should I not?
In normal circumstances IMO people that wear their clubs colours to a game that doesn't involve their clubs look stupid.
But it's not normal circumstances atm with the crows and AFL, so go ahead. I'm sure you'll get lots of compliments tbh

saw quite a few crows fans at our game on Saturday, and even one person wearing a richmond jumper and a crows scarf. You would be welcome. Melbournians are used to seeing people wearing different team colours anyway, there is always a few neutrals at any given game wearing their team's colours.

Out: Maric, Lambert
In: McBean, McDonough

Hopefully Griffiths doesn't come up injured. His form hasn't been great recently but we could really use his chop outs in the ruck this week with Maric down.

What shoulder did Grif do? Can imagine if thats his dominate tap arm, then we wont want to play him in the ruck.
Dont want Hampson in for all of known reasons. I'd rather astbury or elton share ruck with Ty.

Out: Maric (susp)
In: McBean

Vickery first ruck, Griff backup, McBean if necessary (hopefully not). They only have to deal with Kreuzer (a forward now) and Wood (lol) right??

We lament players not getting enough of a run in the seniors so Lambert gets another go for me.

I could be talked into dumping Newy for Lennon or McDonut but that won't happen.

I think griffs shoulder was the one taped up but could be wrong, Hampson late withdrawal in the VFL so not sure what the go is there, maybe they knew Maric would miss so keep him fresh?

Hampson needs to play, He has recieved $500,000 dollars from this club so far and just when we need somebody to fill in for Maric he cant play the injured card - He was ready to play vfl last week and has had another week - so muct put his hand up

If Astbury is ok to play he should come into the team along with McBean if spud isnt playing
As long as his knee is fine I agree. But it has to as if he went down early we are stuffed.

So who comes in for Maric..

Do we bring in Hampson even though he is only just returning from injury..

Do we bring in McBean to play the forward role of Vickery and have Vickery replace Maric in the Ruck..

or do we bring in McDonough to replace Grigg and Grigg fulfill his potential as a ruckman?

You will be fine mate. Wear them proud. There are always people wearing other teams colours at games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would play Hampson if he's fit. Don't mind if he hasn't played in the VFL for a few weeks, a lot of teams that have gone into games without proper ruckman have got pantsed lately.

Yes I realise that Hampson is not a proper ruckman but you know what I mean.

So long as you're on the Tigers for the night, I can't see there being a problem. :cool:

Would play Hampson if he's fit. Don't mind if he hasn't played in the VFL for a few weeks, a lot of teams that have gone into games without proper ruckman have got pantsed lately.

Yes I realise that Hampson is not a proper ruckman but you know what I mean.

The big question is "if he's fit".

After missing several weeks he wont be 100%, but still might be the better (less bad?) option, especially if we lose Griff as well.

The big question is "if he's fit".

After missing several weeks he wont be 100%, but still might be the better (less bad?) option, especially if we lose Griff as well.

Upon further reflection, it would be cool to throw a debut at Reece McKenzie against the club his dad played for and who probably should have taken him a few picks earlier. The laughs would be epic if he got on the end of a few. I guess it would also be funny if Hampson came in and played a blinder like he used to against us.

Having said all that, we're a good chance to drop this game :(

For me, I hope we do something a little out of the box.

Out Maric ( Susp),Gordon
In Lennon,Elton

My thought is that this is the perfect game to throw the challenge to our big men who aspire to be second ruck. Give Tyrone the number one ruck for the game with Griffiths as his second. Play Jack and Griffiths deep. Griffith interchanges with Tyrone when Ty needs a break. I would think play Lennon at HHF with spurts in the midfield and give him the challenge to go for it.

Gordon is stiff to miss out but he is a depth player, I would then plonk Elton back to replace Chaplin and actually play Chaplin forward...he is a good mark and it would be interesting to see how he goes. So that will allow us to keep our 3 tall structure and also plonk some development time in two future starting 22 players.

My thought is that this is the perfect game to throw the challenge to our big men who aspire to be second ruck. Give Tyrone the number one ruck for the game with Griffiths as his second. Play Jack and Griffiths deep. Griffith interchanges with Tyrone when Ty needs a break. I would think play Lennon at HHF with spurts in the midfield and give him the challenge to go for it.
My only worry here is if Griffiths can't ruck properly due to his shoulder or he does something else during the game this year
Both Vickery and Griffiths have had time off or been subbed during games due to injury, we can't afford that against a team that's only real strengths are the ruck contest and tall contested marking

My only worry here is if Griffiths can't ruck properly due to his shoulder or he does something else during the game this year
Both Vickery and Griffiths have had time off or been subbed during games due to injury, we can't afford that against a team that's only real strengths are the ruck contest and tall contested marking

Same, wondering if we have to risk Elton as second ruck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back