Preview R15 v GWS @ Spotless Stadium (Sam Gilbert's 150th game)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
Our first trip to Western Sydney for a premiership season game.

Short of an undisclosed injury, only possible change I can see is Billings coming in. For someone.

Billings in for Schneider or Ray, wouldn't mind seeing big Hugh get a run. Be pretty hard to drop anyone after a performance like that

I have a feeling Ray is going to be delisted at the end of the year... and he won't really deserve it either. But he was good yesterday, and I can't disagree with leaving him out in favour of Billings.

Billings in for Schneider or Ray, wouldn't mind seeing big Hugh get a run. Be pretty hard to drop anyone after a performance like that

With Schneider promoted ahead of Sinclair (prior to TC's long term injury) I think we intend to play Schneids as much as his body allows.

I don't reckon we'll see HJ this year unless Chips and another tall defender (Dempster) go down with injury and he dominates at Sandy. The fact we omitted Delaney means he's quite a bit down the pecking order at present.

Agree though, certainly want to see him get a game and I hope we debut him at some stage this year - along with bringing Paddy back for a couple games!

I have a feeling Ray is going to be delisted at the end of the year... and he won't really deserve it either. But he was good yesterday, and I can't disagree with leaving him out in favour of Billings.
Faz won't get delisted.

Mark my words.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joey had some almighty strapping on his left thigh in the second half. Just a corkie?

386143.jpg

In: JB, McKenzie
Out: Dunstan, Ray

Dunstan was ok when he came on, but this year he hasn't really reached his form of last year. I think a game or two in the reserves could be handy. Get some games into McKenzie as well, Ray is the unlucky one as he plays a similar role to DMac

Will be an interesting game now that GWS have lost Mumford.

Longer was huge for us v the Bombers and him playing well is the key. Their two rucks on the weekend (Lobb and Downie) have combined for a total of 6 games. If Billy can give us first use against a very strong GWS midfield group (even without Mumford) and be a presence around the ground it will set us up.

Hopefully Billings comes back in but I don't know who for, no ones deserves to be dropped and we came away without any injury concerns. Having competition for spots is such a luxury.

Could be a slog, forecasting rain most the week in Sydney including Sunday

Our first trip to Western Sydney for a premiership season game.

Short of an undisclosed injury, only possible change I can see is Billings coming in. For someone.
This is a real danger game for us. Keep this up and we might finish 9th!

I agree re Ray for Billings. It's harsh but we could upgrade on his up and under kicking. But perhaps a better message still is no changes?

With Schneider promoted ahead of Sinclair (prior to TC's long term injury) I think we intend to play Schneids as much as his body allows.

I don't reckon we'll see HJ this year unless Chips and another tall defender (Dempster) go down with injury and he dominates at Sandy. The fact we omitted Delaney means he's quite a bit down the pecking order at present.

Agree though, certainly want to see him get a game and I hope we debut him at some stage this year - along with bringing Paddy back for a couple games!
It's a NicNat, paddy back.

Sorry.

Bit worried about this game, two sides with quite a few young players. Unfortunately there young guys have had a few years head start on our young guys. Hopefully we get to play similar footy as we did against the bombers & take it right up to them. (fingers crossed)

Could be a slog, forecasting rain most the week in Sydney including Sunday
I can keep everyone updated. I live 15 mins from the Olympic Park precinct at Homebush, so if we get rain, Spotless Stadium will be getting it too

Agree with others, Billlings in for Dunstan if Jack's considered fit enough to play, otherwise I wouldn't be opposed to Jack coming back through Sandy and playing in the guts there for practice/development. Dunstan may stay in though if it is supposed to be wet, but then again, I don't see anyone else getting dropped except for Luke, so he may go out either way.

Ray should be kept on list in my opinion. Under-rated player.

If the club is hellbent on moving him on to get more young players in, he should be shopped as a trade to get him to his club of choice. Melbourne might be still interested.

Would support him being dropped for Billings if required. Think Dunstand needs a spell though.

Joey had some almighty strapping on his left thigh in the second half. Just a corkie?

386143.jpg

Saw him today at the Auskick clinic and he could barely walk. 50:50 chance according to some at the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back