Review Round 16: Box Hill Hawks v Richmond Tigers, 1 August 2015, 2pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Not greater reading for the Hawks...

Surely Simpkin gets rewarded with a game soon?

A lot of our players do tease...
To put it into perspective, they played so-so with no standouts yet still won by 40.

They look like they should push deep into the finals.

As for the 4th string Richmond ruck, he's not bad either. "4th string" makes him sound like a spud, but he was good in the air and is a first year, 103kg ruck. He's come from a basketball background and is apparently Ivan Maric's cousin, so there is plenty of pedigree amongst him.

Not greater reading for the Hawks...

Surely Simpkin gets rewarded with a game soon?

A lot of our players do tease...

Simmo was the best in a team where nobody really stood out.

But that was a great sign that the team was pretty even and worked together well. Almost all of the players played their role and we walked through the game to record a very easy win.

Not greater reading for the Hawks......
Tigs had one goal on the board at half time. We were in complete control, I can't blame anyone for not busting a boiler under those circumstances. Friday night loss, cold day, slow track, crap opposition - I think we can afford to cut our guys some slack.

TO was good. Hit the ball really hard. Would like to see him find the footy more but we rotate our forwards so they can get caught out of the play, plus they have to contend with the bullshit five interchange bench.

Jed's wasting his time at this level. Looks a class above. Sicily is a flickering star. Kurt struggled wrestling against the bigger bodies, just doubt he has the size for a KPD.

Tigs had one goal on the board at half time. We were in complete control, I can't blame anyone for not busting a boiler under those circumstances. Friday night loss, cold day, slow track, crap opposition - I think we can afford to cut our guys some slack.

TO was good. Hit the ball really hard. Would like to see him find the footy more but we rotate our forwards so they can get caught out of the play, plus they have to contend with the bullshit five interchange bench.

Jed's wasting his time at this level. Looks a class above. Sicily is a flickering star. Kurt struggled wrestling against the bigger bodies, just doubt he has the size for a KPD.
McBean is 202cm. The only VFL defender BHH/Haw have that would have been a suitable height matchup would have been Brand.

Sums it up really. Way too good right across the ground, BH listed players included. Our goals are set high, and guys mark fairly hard...yeah should have won by more, eased up in the last but s**t....besides McBean, Richmond don't have much.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back