Review Round 16, Gold Coast Suns vs GWS Giants, Saturday July 18, 2.10pm, Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Aiden Corr came of age today, this kid has copped heaps because any of his mistakes usually result in goals. Has great speed and showing good defensive instincts.

Smith, Shaw, Ward, Cogs (great job on God), Lobb all tremendous.

Still up and down but we now have the gumption to work through tough moments.

Very proud of the boys!!

22-12 free kick count and that's only because they finally pinged Ablett a couple of times in the last quarter.

The thing that gets me is not the frees that are paid. It's the ones not paid. The push in the back on Cameron, the instant holding the ball against our guys while they're allowed an eternity to get rid of it.

It's the inconsistency that does my head in.

22-12 free kick count and that's only because they finally pinged Ablett a couple of times in the last quarter.

The thing that gets me is not the frees that are paid. It's the ones not paid. The push in the back on Cameron, the instant holding the ball against our guys while they're allowed an eternity to get rid of it.

It's the inconsistency that does my head in.
It just makes it that more frustrating as a spectator! You can see the players get confused too. Just glad it didn't cost us four points. I haven't read the Sun's board, but wouldn't surprise if they are just as dirty on the umps, irrespective of the count.

The scoring shot count was out of control. This should of been a percentage boosting win. Full credit to the GC defenders - their pressure was great, but if we cook the ball inside 50 like that were gunna get smoked by other teams.

The scoring shot count was out of control. This should of been a percentage boosting win. Full credit to the GC defenders - their pressure was great, but if we cook the ball inside 50 like that were gunna get smoked by other teams.
They put so many behind the ball though. It was very negative tactics at times by Eade, but also very understandable given their midfield outs. We just didn't play the situation that smart going into 50. Hoping the boys learn from this and find ways of drawing thier extras either out of the 50 or wide creating space for one or two forwards.

The ball is drawn into the pockets too often. When Patton comes back and camps in the goal square hopefully that will straighten us up. Shows how much we have come on though that we are unhappy with a three goal win after we got thumped there last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ball is drawn into the pockets too often. When Patton comes back and camps in the goal square hopefully that will straighten us up. Shows how much we have come on though that we are unhappy with a three goal win after we got thumped there last time.

Im happy with that win. We would have lost that last year. Plus we have a key forward an ace mid fielder three key defenders and one of the best ruckmen to come into the side. Plus a heap of talent still looking for a run. Gotta be happy......plus the pies just lost

And the ferals from Collingwood lose as well

Results going our way

Results might be going our way, but we're still largely in control of our own destiny.

We've got 9 wins on the board, there's 7 games to go.

And the way the Swans have just been beaten by Hawthorn, I reckon at least one of those 7 games is highly winnable.

Anybody got a detailed report about who's doing what in the ressies.?
Wilson clearly best on ground, Marchbank great game including goal of the day. Patton was a beast, played a full game and may be closer to coming back than we think. Love the way Pickett moves, first few steps Rioli like. Stewart did enough for a recall if required.
Opposition were poo.

So McCarthy obviously subbed out early in the third and Patton kicks seven in the twos..... Am I reading it right that cam may only have one more week to turn this little form slump around?

I thought it was a breakout game for Williams as well. He has been a consistent handy contributor to date, but he went to another level yesterday. Got us out of trouble down back on a number of occassions yesterday and showed some good creativity.

So McCarthy obviously subbed out early in the third and Patton kicks seven in the twos..... Am I reading it right that cam may only have one more week to turn this little form slump around?

Nooooooooooo! No Sunshine!

But YAY Jon Patton!

But NOOOOOOOOOO Sunshine!

But YAAAAAAAAY Patton!

How about we make this easier on me and just send one of these boys to the Lions already?! I so confused!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back