VFL Round 16 - Williamstown vs Collingwood at Point Gellibrand Oval (We lost 65-97, replay & stats p12)

Remove this Banner Ad

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
When and Where:
2:00pm this Sunday at the Williamstown Cricket Ground.

Broadcast:
Internet - LiveChat on collingwoodfc.com.au, full video replay available on Sunday night/Monday morning. Score updates at Nick's Bulletin Board and on Twitter at @VFLPies.

Team:
B: Wallace Scharenberg Marsh
HB: Young R. Pendlebury Sinclair
C: Armstrong Kennedy Karnezis
HF: Manteit Reid Goodyear
F: Matheson Gault White
R: Cox Moloney Blair
Int: McKeown* Borthwick Gray Blair Hellier Close Taylor J. Williams Wallin

Where They Sit:

Williamstown: 1st (10 wins, 3 losses, 2 byes, 148.79%)
Collingwood: 5th (9 wins, 4 losses, 2 byes, 103.19%)

Last Time They Met:

Round 5, 2014 at Point Gellibrand Oval
Williamstown 14.13.97, def
Collingwood 10.10.70

Head to Head:
Played: 14
Williamstown: 13
Collingwood: 1

How They Fared Last Week:
Port Melbourne 7.11.53, def by
Williamstown 17.11.113

Collingwood 12.11.83, def
Casey 9.6.60

Trivia:
- Collingwood have never won a game at Point Gellibrand Oval.

- Collingwood have not beaten Williamstown for nearly six years (by the time of the game it will be 5 years, 10 months and 21 days, to be exact). Their last, and to this date sole, victory over the Seagulls was the 2009 2nd Semi Final. Of the team that triumphed that day, only four players remain on Collingwood's list (Nathan Brown, Ben Reid, Jarryd Blair and Lachlan Keeffe), while two others remain in the AFL at different clubs (Chris Dawes at Melbourne and Danny Stanley at Gold Coast).

Over to you...

Last edited:
I have a pretty bad cold at the Moment.

So IF the weather forecast and is crap then I have a good Chance of just staying Home.

As that Ground can be a Total Shithole and Like Playing at Antarctica

Tough gig, particularly if the predicted cold, wet, windy conditions prevail.

So we play Williamstown twice, but don't get a home game against them...

What kind of bullshit is that?

We haven't played them this year.

Last time we played them twice was 2013.

I have a pretty bad cold at the Moment.

So IF the weather forecast and is crap then I have a good Chance of just staying Home.

As that Ground can be a Total Shithole and Like Playing at Antarctica

Yeah been there a few times. Absolutely freezing there in winter.
Forget about it if its raining or windy.

We haven't played them this year.

Last time we played them twice was 2013.

We played there last year as I remember me and mattys123 going but coming home at Half Time because it was weather was Shocking

This will be a Super Hard Game and I can’t see us winning

Might have a pretty good side in with a few senior listed players.
Adams comes back into the senior side so that will bring someone else back into the reserves, for arguments sake lets say Oxley gets dropped.

Without making any other changes to the senior side the following players (off the top of my head, I know I am probably missing a few) could feature in the side:

Ben Reid
Ben Sinclair
Matt Scharenberg
Jonathon Marsh
Adam Oxley
Sam Dwyer
Patrick Karnezis
Clinton Young
Corey Gault
Tony Armstrong
Mason Cox

Some pretty handy VFL players in there....

I give us a chance.

Might have a pretty good side in with a few senior listed players.
Adams comes back into the senior side so that will bring someone else back into the reserves, for arguments sake lets say Oxley gets dropped.

Without making any other changes to the senior side the following players (off the top of my head, I know I am probably missing a few) could feature in the side:

Ben Reid
Ben Sinclair
Matt Scharenberg
Jonathon Marsh
Adam Oxley
Sam Dwyer
Patrick Karnezis
Clinton Young
Corey Gault
Tony Armstrong
Mason Cox

Some pretty handy VFL players in there....

I give us a chance.

We are a Chance but it is very hard for any away team to win down there with how bad the Conditions can be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SOFT.........

says me who left his one and only VFL game at footscray by half way thru the 3rd.

i blame the kids.

I think we where just about the only Collingwood fans there.

MagpieBat would be the only 1 who stayed to end

I think we where just about the only Collingwood fans there.

MagpieBat would be the only 1 who stayed to end

Eh, there were a few more than just me there.

We were all rather quiet after three quarter time though...:oops::$

Eh, there were a few more than just me there.

We were all rather quiet after three quarter time though...:oops::$

I remember we where up Big at Half Time and then Me and mattys123 found out of the Collapse.

We happy we missed it as it been very Miserable watching that in the Freezing Cold and Rain

Any chance this will be streamed on the VFL site? It would have to be a very good forecast Sunday morning to get me to the game

Nope. This week is another video/audio 'black spot'.

The VFL does its weekly video stream game on the day that Channel 7 doesn't have its TV game. The TV game is on this Sunday, so the VFL are web covering Port Melbourne vs Coburg on Saturday. Which is why it would be a good idea for Collingwood to radio call all of its VFL games, not just the away ones...

Best I can give you is perhaps hit up the VFL Pies Twitter account if you can't go and want more than just Sam Gastin on the LiveChat or me over at Nick's doing my thing, because mattys123 and his little helpers sometimes Periscope at VFL games.

Nope. This week is another video/audio 'black spot'.

The VFL does its weekly video stream game on the day that Channel 7 doesn't have its TV game. The TV game is on this Sunday, so the VFL are web covering Port Melbourne vs Coburg on Saturday. Which is why it would be a good idea for Collingwood to radio call all of its VFL games, not just the away ones...

Best I can give you is perhaps hit up the VFL Pies Twitter account if you can't go and want more than just Sam Gastin on the LiveChat or me over at Nick's doing my thing, because mattys123 and his little helpers sometimes Periscope at VFL games.

Twitter from mattys123 and your Nicks Call is better then what the LIVECHAT does

Someone we know quite well is speaking at the pre-game function:

Wonder if they'll be showing highlights of his 1 game for them on a screen somewhere...? :D

The Seagulls are also running some activities for the kids as well:

And no, I'm not on the Williamstown payroll. Just putting it out there for those who are interested...:)

Someone we know quite well is speaking at the pre-game function:

Wonder if they'll be showing highlights of his 1 game for them on a screen somewhere...? :D

The Seagulls are also running some activities for the kids as well:

And no, I'm not on the Williamstown payroll. Just putting it out there for those who are interested...:)

What's the public transport like to get there?

What's the public transport like to get there?

Take a train to Williamstown station (you'll have to switch trains at Newport, I think), then cross over the footbridge and walk about 500m down Morris Street to the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back