Review Round 17, 2015 - Brisbane Lions vs North Melbourne

Who were your five best players for the round 17 game against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually pretty hard to pick the votes this week.

Thought we didn't play too poorly. Rucks were great. Midfield was solid.

Where's Adcock's send off? His last ever milestone and all he gets is a few claps?
In_rod_we_trust.jpg

(Harvey is the rod)

Competed well after quarter time. Got flogged. All for nought if you can't find a way to effectively dispose of the ball to get it inside 50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've played one good game all year. We were never a change tonight against a team just outside the eight. The season for us was over a month ago. The rest is meaningless.

We really weren't as bad as it looks on the scoreboard tonight. The Stefanburger combo beat Goldstein, so there's that. Loved seeing Leuenberger bursting out of the centre square a couple of times.

The players are down on confidence, but the effort was there. The frustration was really noticeable toward the end too. Woeful umpiring didn't help.
A frustrating night for everyone, really. Terrible for the supporters, dispiriting for the players and not a lot to be overly optimistic about for North there either.

Just a numb feeling, I guess we're now getting used to these kinds of results. Our list is in a pretty bad shape. Thought Mayes, Robinson and the two ruckmen were one of the best tonight. Squizzy runs all day and never gives up, but he's got to work on his awareness in stoppages and what's going on around him.

Dont really agree with this type of sentiment tbh. If we pick up Schache/Weitering and a Dixon/Henderson type in the off season we will be a completely different side. With a reasonable run with injuries next year our midfield depth should really start to shine.
I think our form is more the symptom of the perfect storm type of year rather than a really flawed list.

Rich failed again when we really need him to take control of the team. I think his main problem is that mentally he isn't an AFL footballer... has all the tools to be a gun yet looks like he's two cans short of a six pack. Hopefully can he improve his positioning and decision making as it is a bit slow.

Back