Review Round 17, 2015 - Brisbane Lions vs North Melbourne

Who were your five best players for the round 17 game against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Always have a tongue in cheek dig at Taylor for kicking backwards all the time but considering he's running two or three times harder than any option in front of him... Least he's trying. His two turnovers to goals in the first quarter weren't ideal but

I think he seems to be working on it. He actually kicked the ball 50m to a contest last night. I can't remember the last time he's done that.

I think it's got to do with confidence in his kicking. He knows he's not a penetrating lon kick so he looks for the easy option.

Heard someone on SEN late last night, saying that the forward line should all be made to stay there, instead of leaving it vacant for when the ball comes in there, no one home to do anything with it.

Was in reference to general play by all clubs, not just us.

I agree, has been my bugbear for a long time. Let all the others run to the backline if they must, but leave a few in the 50 area.

To a degree but you can't leave players more than one to and one and half kicks from the ball. It will just rebound back.

To a degree but you can't leave players more than one to and one and half kicks from the ball. It will just rebound back.
You also need to be accountable to the player you are watching. If they bolt forwards, you can't just let them run free

Staker absolutely vanished for the second and third quarters.

I was hoping he might be able to get his body to hang in there and give us some value for another year but he seems to have forgotten how to influence the game.

Was hoping the same, but i think it is just too far back for him.i dont mind if he plays out the season, but im not sure he will want to go around again and do another preseason either.

He would be finding it hard to get some touch and feel back playing in such a disjointed team as well.

I think Staker needs to be moved on regardless of what he wants come end of season, same goes for McGuane. These guys have spent far too much time on the injury list and are both on the wrong side of 30.

I think Staker needs to be moved on regardless of what he wants come end of season, same goes for McGuane. These guys have spent far too much time on the injury list and are both on the wrong side of 30.

Pretty sure McGuane's 27 or 28.

I thought I'd watch the post game stuff I missed last night and 2 things struck me;

1. Rich spewing. Maybe he was sick as suggested

2. The amount of blue and white in the crowd

image.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I'd watch the post game stuff I missed last night and 2 things struck me;

1. Rich spewing. Maybe he was sick as suggested

2. The amount of blue and white in the crowd

View attachment 156442

That is pretty much a perfect shot encapsulating the North Melbourne section of the crowd. That isn't consistently replicated across the whole ground.

Collingwood and Richmond had much more impressive support. The North supporters went very, very quiet in the second quarter... and we were hardly mounting the most threatening comeback at that point.

1437912918978.jpg

Morale is so far gone out of this team

That is pretty much a perfect shot encapsulating the North Melbourne section of the crowd. That isn't consistently replicated across the whole ground.

Collingwood and Richmond had much more impressive support. The North supporters went very, very quiet in the second quarter... and we were hardly mounting the most threatening comeback at that point.

It's still a lot of fans travelling interstate.

Just out of interest if say a North Melbourne supporter in SE Qld (or any other team) has a interstate membership do they get any free entry into our home games? May help create a better atmosphere for our guys to play in.

We have stagnated and the lads look totally clueless. We are young and all that, but we are just a basket case.. I actually feel really sorry for the players, must be embarrassing for them.

I hate that amongst everything else, we have lost that run and flare from the second half of last year.

Well, we definitely need a rocket up our arses.

Qsuy8q.gif

Has a stiff arm protecting the drop zone in a ruck contest always been a holding infringement or was it just really shitty umpiring last night?

1437912918978.jpg

Morale is so far gone out of this team

They look unhappy after a loss. Extrapolating that into a broad brush statement about morale is drawing a long bow don't you think?

Last week they copped flack for not looking unhappy enough after the loss to Melbourne and for fraternising with the enemy after the whistle

Looks like they will have to spend some time practising their blank unemotional looks;)

Last edited:
Has a stiff arm protecting the drop zone in a ruck contest always been a holding infringement or was it just really shitty umpiring last night?
Lots of complaints about the umpiring of the ruck contests (and holding the ball) from several games this weekend. Seems it was just one of those weeks they cracked down on a lot of things

So sad that a 72 point loss was about what I was expecting. 5 goals in the match after 4 last week is just dreadful. Even with Carlton's thrashing i think we still have the worst % in the comp. Obviously we're just running out the clock now and I'll be open about my view - let's make sure we get pick # 1. Aish, and to a lesser extent Leuenberger, should bring us something reasonable pick wise and if we can trade in someone like Dixon then 2016 should hopefully see us get the results I was after this year.

Back