Discussion Round 17, 2015 - Footy Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We need a colour chart.
Oh, here's one
images

Hope that clears it up
141112_guernsey_orourke.jpg

I think we're talking dandelion with dark dijon stripes.
And down the bottom row, second from the left, that's us BF FJGD posters, apparently :p

When we all understand that we're talking about Hawthorn and the colour gold/yellow, call it what you will, it makes no difference.
If we're comparing, say the yellow of the Aussie Cricket Kit with one from a couple of years ago that was gold, then it does.
Happy for you to be seen as a bit of a know-all if you're happy to be :p
It just makes people look stupid and dumbs down this page.
Pretty sure Richmond is the only team with yellow.

Last night I couldn't help but notice the difference between the fit of the guernseys between CCC and BLK, Canterbury much tighter (too tight for my liking) and BLK much looser, which would be fine barring that some of Brisbane's players seemed to have ill-fitting jumpers, mostly on their big fellas (maybe down to personal preference though). There was also a few times where North players were easily able to grab onto the jumper's and lay a tackle, is this something BLK should be looking at, maybe something clubs should be bringing up to them? A loose fitting jumper is an advantage to the opposition, surely the club want to minimise this.
Examples:
390986_gl.jpg

He's literally got two fingers on him
390998_gl.jpg

391243_gl.jpg

Another two finger tackle

Credit to BLK on how stretchy their material is and how everything just popped back into the correct shape, unlike ISC which may as well be paper around the collar.

It just makes people look stupid and dumbs down this page.
Pretty sure Richmond is the only team with yellow.
You're welcome to move away from the dunce's corner if you're worried you'll catch something.

Credit to BLK on how stretchy their material is and how everything just popped back into the correct shape, unlike ISC which may as well be paper around the collar.
It's because there's no collar down there, just stitching.

Goodes and Jettas guernseys were ripped, how many other Swans or ISC's were ripped on the weekend?

WCE's Pumas held up well given a similar treatment...

St Mark had a theory on the ISC collar that it was designed to be ripped to take any pressure off the neck like a crumple zone in a car.

I haven't noticed as many torn ISC jumpers this year, maybe that's just because I'm so used to seeing them.
I think due to the lack of stripes on the back of the jumper it might have looked a bit ill-fitting to have hooped sleeves

On another note, black and red featuring equally with white trim is a wonderful look
AC-Milan.jpg
Ah yeah, good point. The more we wear the clash, the more I wish it did have the stripes on the back as well. It'd just top off the look.

I wish we had an excuse to pull out the hoops jumper again. Easily my favourite non-tripanel guernsey we've had in my time following the Saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back