Review Round 17: Box Hill Hawks v Casey Scorpions, 9 August 2015, 2.00pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks comfortably defeated the Richmond Tigers last weekend to return to the winners' list and will host the Casey Scorpions on Sunday. The Hawks will look to consolidate their top two finish as we reach the final stages of the home & away season. They are still level on points with Williamstown but are percentage off top spot at the moment. In the meantime, the Scorpions will hope to bounce back on the road after suffering a loss at home to the Werribee Tigers. But if results fall their way and they upset the Box Hill Hawks they could rapidly climb the ladder, as they are a game and percentage behind the Footscray Bulldogs in fourth place. By the same token, the Scorpions haven't quite secured their spot in the finals, being two games ahead of Port Melbourne and Geelong.

The Development Squad will look to maintain their unbeaten streak as they host the Casey Scorpions reserves from 11am on Sunday.

For those looking to go to the ground, bear in mind that the much-loved jumping castle will make a return to Box Hill City Oval as the Hawks and Scorpions celebrate multi-cultural round. There will also be a special guest appearance from Hawka plus free show bags for the children.

As per usual 3WBC will have live coverage from 1pm on 94.1FM, www.3wbc.org.au and via the TuneIn app on the smart device. The Box Hill Hawks will also post updates to their twitter account: www.twitter.com/boxhillhawks.

Teams to follow.

Box Hill Hawks vs. Casey Scorpions
Sunday, Aug 09
Box Hill City Oval at 2.00pm

Box Hill Hawks Seniors:

B Miles Willsmore Mirra
HB Suckling Heatherley Litherland
C Lock Iles Simpkin
HF Howe Williams Whitecross
F Tatupu Grimley O'Brien
R Pittonet O'Rourke Anderson

Int From:
Exon S.Gibson Crocker
Evans Hardisty Lawlor
O'Donnell Fisher* Collins

Sunday, Aug 09
Box Hill City Oval at 11am

Box Hill Hawks Development squad:

B Bond S.Gibson Crocker
HB Walker Summers Exon
C L. Langford Evans M-Lewis
HF
Lawlor Tobin Traynor
F Dimasi Jones Switkowski
R Z. Monkhorst O'Donnell Hardisty

Int From:
Donoghue Murphy Sandric
Sullivan Soccio Franetic
Burt Vizzarri Pell Zema Kidd
R. Monkhorst Sheridan-Ferrie

Finally there might be a game at home where it's not raining! Or have I jinxed it...

I'll be there today, so post match summary when I'm back.

Haven't been to a BH game in a few years now. Really looking forward to watching the young guys

What is the parking situation like around the ground?

Haven't been to a BH game in a few years now. Really looking forward to watching the young guys

What is the parking situation like around the ground?

I'd call it frustrating. There's quite a few side streets there but there's a lot of permit zone areas and one side of many side streets says no parking at all on Saturdays and Sundays

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3/4 TIME Box Hill 11.9.75 lead Casey 3.6.24 in a real nail-biter.o_O
God that team is ridiculously good. That said, does this mean they do know how to win when it's close, or not!

Mind you, I guess every match starts off with the scores tied, so maybe they can play well when it's close ;)

Sunday, Aug 09
Box Hill City Oval at 2.00pm

Box Hill Hawks Seniors:

B Miles Willsmore Mirra
HB Suckling Heatherley Litherland
C Lock Iles Simpkin
HF Howe Williams Whitecross
F Tatupu Grimley O'Brien
R Pittonet O'Rourke Anderson

Int From:
Exon S.Gibson Crocker
Evans Hardisty Lawlor
O'Donnell Fisher* Collins

Sunday, Aug 09
Box Hill City Oval at 11am

Box Hill Hawks Development squad:

B Bond S.Gibson Crocker
HB Walker Summers Exon
C L. Langford Evans M-Lewis
HF
Lawlor Tobin Traynor
F Dimasi Jones Switkowski
R Z. Monkhorst O'Donnell Hardisty

Int From:
Donoghue Murphy Sandric
Sullivan Soccio Franetic
Burt Vizzarri Pell Zema Kidd
R. Monkhorst Sheridan-Ferrie
Howe half forward is interesting

Full Time in the development game: Box Hill 15.11.101 defeated Casey 4.10.34

Goals: Murphy 3, Miller-Lewis 2, Franetic 2, Tobin 2, Langford, Traynor, Kidd, Summers, Sherridan-Ferrie, Vizzarri.

Best: Traynor, Murphy, Bond, Langford, Evans, Switkowski.

Stats according to VFL Score-center web-site.

God that team is ridiculously good. That said, does this mean they do know how to win when it's close, or not!

Mind you, I guess every match starts off with the scores tied, so maybe they can play well when it's close ;)

Subtle Sarcasm noted....Lets just hope they knock Willy off in the Big Dance, when it counts this time.

Last edited:
The development team start every quarter on level terms and then strive to win the quarter. I would be surprised if they have lost more than one quarter in any game and more than 10% of the quarters this season. It's 35C on the Mekong River in Cambodia, life is tough.

Have to stay home to look after a sick child (we are watching Clone Wars on Netflix at the moment) so no live updates from me today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back