Round 17 FANTASY

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd get Stevie J over JPK any day even if they were the same price! At over 50k cheaper now and over his niggle don't see how you could go past him :D

I'd get Stevie J over JPK any day even if they were the same price! At over 50k cheaper now and over his niggle don't see how you could go past him :D

Sj was my first player picked !! And already got barlow pendles libba beams so jpk is next best

Sj was my first player picked !! And already got barlow pendles libba beams so jpk is next best

Ah, didn't think you had Stevie. Again you're in a similar posistion to myself considering JPK, but I implore you to think long and hard about Matty Priddis. For me it's a tossup between JPK and Priddis for my last mid spot. Even though Priddis is less popular to the wider community here is my reasoning for getting him ahead of Kennedy: (posted somewhere in DT talk too)

JPK is a consistent gun but is extremely handball happy and doesn’t have much of an ‘outside’ game. His scores in the last 5 weeks of 103, 94, 107, 136 and 96 is exactly what you can expect from him making him slightly over priced. He has gone big an a few occasions earlier this year but he needs close to 40 possessions to do it – not going to happen very often.

Priddis is a man carrying his team atm and probably the most consistent fantasy player from Pendles. Tackle happy like JPK, but flies under for some reason. His disposal lacking polish has something to do with this but he’s a perfect DTer.

In saying all this it’s still very close between these 2 but I’m going Priddis as his form has been on the rise lately whilst JPK has *slightly* gone down.

On Sunday Priddis and JPK went head to head in the toughest of conditions.
At qtr time Priddis was on 55 vs JPK on 24.
2nd quarter Sydney sent Bird to tag Priddis and JPK was moved free
In the next 3 qtrs they both scored around the same even though Priddis (118) was tagged and JPK (96) has nobody near him.

Priddis is slightly cheaper
Priddis has a better run home only playing 1 top 8 team till end of season.

Edit: another one - Last year Priddis ran out the season better with 10 tonnes in his last 16, whilst JPK had only 6 in his last 16.

Swaying you at all? :)

Last edited:

I wont comment, my midfield is like a box of chocolates I never know what I am going to get. Makes it fun and they are actually carrying me at this rate into the top 100.

I know that wasnt directed at me, but I for one appreciate the detailed argument!
I was gonna go JPK too since its a bit of a no brainer, but now you've got me leaning towards Priddis!

But now the suspicious side in me is thinking "if hes so convinced of Priddis, why would you try get other people on board and not keep that POD to himself?" but I assume you just want other people to jump on the bandwagon with you too.. always good to have company.

I know I was totally convinced with going Rocky Cpt last week over Gaz and was spending the whole week convincing my mates! Sure Gaz would probably have scored similar if he didnt get injured but still my mates are quite grateful!

Ah, didn't think you had Stevie. Again you're in a similar posistion to myself considering JPK, but I implore you to think long and hard about Matty Priddis. For me it's a tossup between JPK and Priddis for my last mid spot. Even though Priddis is less popular to the wider community here is my reasoning for getting him ahead of Kennedy: (posted somewhere in DT talk too)

JPK is a consistent gun but is extremely handball happy and doesn’t have much of an ‘outside’ game. His scores in the last 5 weeks of 103, 94, 107, 136 and 96 is exactly what you can expect from him making him slightly over priced. He has gone big an a few occasions earlier this year but he needs close to 40 possessions to do it – not going to happen very often.

Priddis is a man carrying his team atm and probably the most consistent fantasy player from Pendles. Tackle happy like JPK, but flies under for some reason. His disposal lacking polish has something to do with this but he’s a perfect DTer.

In saying all this it’s still very close between these 2 but I’m going Priddis as his form has been on the rise lately whilst JPK has *slightly* gone down.

On Sunday Priddis and JPK went head to head in the toughest of conditions.
At qtr time Priddis was on 55 vs JPK on 24.
2nd quarter Sydney sent Bird to tag Priddis and JPK was moved free
In the next 3 qtrs they both scored around the same even though Priddis (118) was tagged and JPK (96) has nobody near him.

Priddis is slightly cheaper
Priddis has a better run home only playing 1 top 8 team till end of season.

Edit: another one - Last year Priddis ran out the season better with 10 tonnes in his last 16, whilst JPK had only 6 in his last 16.

How does a big fat YES sound i think im on the priddis train although i dont like his haircut lol :p

I know that wasnt directed at me, but I for one appreciate the detailed argument!
I was gonna go JPK too since its a bit of a no brainer, but now you've got me leaning towards Priddis!

But now the suspicious side in me is thinking "if hes so convinced of Priddis, why would you try get other people on board and not keep that POD to himself?" but I assume you just want other people to jump on the bandwagon with you too.. always good to have company.

Nothing wrong with being suspicious mate but i'm genuinely posting here to help people, not because I want people to jump on anyone I've got /am planning to pickup. Consider that out of the 50k+ people who play maybe only about 1000 will read this, and out of 1000 maybe 100 will actually take my advice - makes the effect on my POD's rather negligible.

I know I was totally convinced with going Rocky Cpt last week over Gaz and was spending the whole week convincing my mates! Sure Gaz would probably have scored similar if he didnt get injured but still my mates are quite grateful!

Same here lol. Mcaffer was always likely to "slow" Ablett to around 120 where as Rockliff was almost Lockliff again for 140's so took the C off Gazza for the first time. Was painful to see him go down but thanking him for not going down the previous 10 weeks when he was my captain. Also allowed a massive jump in my ranking finishing just outside top 300 for the week. (Picking up Duncan instead of Jack was another big one)

I'm a lateral thinker and have concluded that Rocky's 1 week suspension is infact a BLESSING in disguise for all his owners like us.

Think about all the schmoes without Rocky that would've gone straight Ablett > Rockliff this week without a second thought. Would of taken him from 20% ownership to over 60% in 1 bloody week. With his little rest that won't happen as most are short sighted and want Ablett's replacement points THIS week, meaning Rocky still stays fairly unique. Oh and he'll be back fresh from a nice rest up to pump out another 172 at the Gabba next week.

(I’m secretly happy it's all gone down like this. Happy to put my Miles on field this week against everyone else's lesser M9s. Even good for those of us with Z O'Brien sitting at M10 as he's more likely to get a call up now :cool:)

I agree with most of your post but not this part. The facts are true but JK3 had a down year last year compared to his 2012 output. I would take him on this years form as last season his average 100's output was low all year. So I dont think it is the best info on this years output. (ie. You wouldnt rate Greenwood on 2013)

I have got a couple of mids (Trelor & Gibson. Low priority though compared to others) that I want to get rid of at some stage, and Priddis will be on my radar. Priddis/Barlow/Pendles (Still not sure of my Ellis/Zaha combo).

But Priddis is a good POD

I agree with most of your post but not this part. The facts are true but JK3 had a down year last year compared to his 2012 output. I would take him on this years form as last season his average 100's output was low all year. So I dont think it is the best info on this years output. (ie. You wouldnt rate Greenwood on 2013)

I have got a couple of mids (Trelor & Gibson. Low priority though compared to others) that I want to get rid of at some stage, and Priddis will be on my radar. Priddis/Barlow/Pendles (Still not sure of my Ellis/Zaha combo).

But Priddis is a good POD

Look a bit further back. JPK in his whole career has only finished the season strong one time which was in 2012, and that's going by lowered standards for past years. 2011 was an okay finish but nothing special. His current *slight* decline fantasy wise last few weeks coupled with history since 2008 leads me to believe the same thing will happen again in the coming weeks until R23. Going on history, form and stats I have no reason to believe otherwise. By his elevated standards this year, it will mean an average of about right on 100 until seasons end. Still good but makes him overpriced and there are better options tbh. The biggest positive about getting JPK is his easy fixture in DT finals time. The reason I might pick him up round 19/20 if he keeps solid form next few weeks.

Funnily enough, with Priddis the only year he didn't finish off strongly (again by lowered standards for past years) was in 2012. A lot more runs on the board when considering how they usually run the season out. Looking at history, form and all stats available it's easy for me to conur that Priddis will score more than JPK from now until the end of the year. Just my opinion ofcourse.

Look a bit further back. JPK in his whole career has only finished the season strong one time which was in 2012, and that's going by lowered standards for past years. 2011 was an okay finish but nothing special. His current *slight* decline fantasy wise last few weeks leads me to believe the same thing will happen again in the coming weeks. Going on history, form and stats I have no reason to believe otherwise. By his elevated standards this year, it will mean an average of about right on 100 until seasons end. Still good but makes him overpriced and there are better options tbh. The biggest positive about getting JPK is his easy fixture in DT finals time. The reason I might pick him up round 19/20 if he keeps solid form next few weeks.

Funnily enough, with Priddis the only year he didn't finish off strongly (again by lowered standards for past years) was in 2012. A lot more runs on the board when considering how they usually run the season out. Looking at history, form and all stats available it's easy for me to conur that Priddis will score more than JPK from now until the end of the year. Just my opinion ofcourse.

2012 was JK3 really break out season of one of the best mids in the comp. Before that, He was good but by no means a star. You dont get to that level over night. Last year he was well down on 2012 however he has been playing at that elite level this year.

I am not debating that Priddis may be better this year but using last year as an example, if thats how you judge a player so be it. But as someone that has watched every swans game since I can remember, I have an all right insight into his past.

Thats why in my post I didnt say anything about Priddis because honestly, the only games I have ever watched of them were v the swans so I would only be reading the stats.

2012 was JK3 really break out season of one of the best mids in the comp. Before that, He was good but by no means a star. You dont get to that level over night. Last year he was well down on 2012 however he has been playing at that elite level this year.

I am not debating that Priddis may be better this year but using last year as an example, if thats how you judge a player so be it. But as someone that has watched every swans game since I can remember, I have an all right insight into his past.

Thats why in my post I didnt say anything about Priddis because honestly, the only games I have ever watched of them were v the swans so I would only be reading the stats.

Everything that you've said is 100% fair mate. One thing I can say after watching a fair bit of both Sydney and West Coast is that both Priddis and JPK are by far the most important mids at their respective clubs. 2 guys that look like men among boys. (I'm also quietly very, very impressed with Luke Parker, i'd sell you my left nut to get him down at Tigerland).

Everything that you've said is 100% fair mate. One thing I can say after watching a fair bit of both Sydney and West Coast is that both Priddis and JPK are by far the most important mids at their respective clubs. 2 guys that look like men among boys. (I'm also quietly very, very impressed with Luke Parker, i'd sell you my left nut to get him down at Tigerland).

I hope we dont loose him to the salary cap crunch!!!........ He is one of the best young players I have ever seen at the swans. He is a gun!!!

For Fantasy relevance for other people. A top 6 forward this year even with the new dpp players of Jack/Zaha & Duncan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

really wanted to get rid of Jaensch and Suckling. Will have to carry them for another week.

So Ablett --> Heppell
Macrae --> Treloar.

So annoyed that Macrae got benched by his coach. Forced my hand

really wanted to get rid of Jaensch and Suckling. Will have to carry them for another week.

So Ablett --> Heppell
Macrae --> Treloar.

So annoyed that Macrae got benched by his coach. Forced my hand
Don't be surprised if Heppell gets the Macaffer tag. Especially with Goddard and Watson out.

What are the bulldogs smoking on down there? He's been their best kid this year. Alright he's a bit of a seagull but common, who are they gonna bring in for him that's better?

Well from what I've read, they're not happy with his lack of a defensive side to his game. But how does he have time for that? He's got the ball more often than not. :p

Not sure what I'm doing until teams are named... Have a difficult game this week though. I want to upgrade Jaensch and Breust but keep having injuries to fix :(

Me - Bad guy
Swallow - Swallow
McVeigh - McVeigh
Simpson - Simpson

Bartel - Hibberd
Dal Santo - Burgoyne
Jaensch - Suckling
(Bews - Bews)
(Georgio - McDonald)
Ablett - Ablett
Rocky - Rocky
Beams - Beams
JPK - JPK
Barlow - Barlow

Fyfe - Cotch
Selwood - Swan
Pendles - Miles
(Honeychurch - Shenton)
(Z. O'Brien - Morabito)
Sandi - Sandi
S. Martin - S. Jacobs
(Cox - Thurlow)
(Currie - Currie)
Dusty - Dusty
Parker - Parker
Danger - Danger

Zorko - K. Jack
Dahlhaus - Gray
Breust - S. Martin
(Kertsten - Kersten)
(Cameron - Frost)

Not sure what I'm doing until teams are named... Have a difficult game this week though. I want to upgrade Jaensch and Breust but keep having injuries to fix :(

Me - Bad guy
Swallow - Swallow
McVeigh - McVeigh
Simpson - Simpson

Bartel - Hibberd
Dal Santo - Burgoyne
Jaensch - Suckling
(Bews - Bews)
(Georgio - McDonald)
Ablett - Ablett
Rocky - Rocky
Beams - Beams
JPK - JPK
Barlow - Barlow

Fyfe - Cotch
Selwood - Swan
Pendles - Miles
(Honeychurch - Shenton)
(Z. O'Brien - Morabito)
Sandi - Sandi
S. Martin - S. Jacobs
(Cox - Thurlow)
(Currie - Currie)
Dusty - Dusty
Parker - Parker
Danger - Danger

Zorko - K. Jack
Dahlhaus - Gray
Breust - S. Martin
(Kertsten - Kersten)
(Cameron - Frost)

He's got you covered with Jacobs/Jack but you got him with Bartel/Pendles. How big those 4 go + your replacement for Gaz will determine the matchup. Consider Breust > Duncan if you can this week, that will swing it in your favor.

He's got you covered with Jacobs/Jack but you got him with Bartel/Pendles. How big those 4 go + your replacement for Gaz will determine the matchup. Consider Breust > Duncan if you can this week, that will swing it in your favor.
Thanks for the reply.

With both Ablett & Rocky out, possibly Beams & Selwood out and only one average bench cover player, my mid isn't in good shape. At least he has 3 of them as well but he has 2 bench covers. I'll see who's named and decide what to do on Friday :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back