Review Round 17 Giants vs Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

A few sore bodies and niggles by the looks of the outs, will hope they can put in a 4 quarter effort although looks light on experience and will need Ward, Scullly and Mumford to lead the way in the midfield
With no Patton my prediction (what would be good to see) is for Townsend to get 10 tackles and kick a goal

No better time for the fringe players to stand up and say - hey, actually I'm worth a regular senior spot (or demonstrate their wares for other clubs to look at)

All the talk in that other thread is about JOR - well, let's see what you got.

Probably the biggest focus on this game might be Leon's motivational strengths. As the boys seem to overcome, and then be overwhelmed, by the waves of pressure game to game, this game's forecast is not bright. The Giants have not done Crows, Eagles or Dockers well, nor Paterson's well. I'm expecting one last upsurge by the boys before seasons end, with a 6-win season. So tomorrow is all about retaining confidence in each other, and in team structures.

Maybe what we should be doing is putting a few players in the middle bit when they bounce the ball after a goal. That would be handy.

Might alo be good if they stopped kicking it to Freo players who are 20 metres all on their own. The kicking it to one on three is bad enough but the kicking it to 0 on 4 episode even dumber.

We play dumb dumb dumb and stupid football at times.

I hate to be negative about our lads but FMD how many goals did Plowman cost us today. This kid is just not ready for AFL yet and needs a long stint in the magoos until he is seasoned enough.

We still absolutely suck in defence and badly need an experienced defender with some height and muscle. Buntine was the only bright spot down back, I felt he read the ball well and offered some run and a point of difference.

Thought Scully was great today and looked zippy and sharp.

If Jezz is not carrying a back or hip injury im not here. He is being courageous just getting out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Toby Greene played his best game in 2 years. Was everywhere and played completely accountable and team oriented footy. Kudos to the kid for fighting his way back.

Yep. First to admit to being a Toby basher, but he's one of the few who did alright today. Definitely getting votes from me when that thread goes up. Got the ball and by and large his disposal was good too. Certainly better than his disposal has been in the past.

Thought your guys competed really well for most of the game. Great run and carry through the midfield and Cameron back to some good form.

Shiel has some terrific features to his game... But needs to work on his defensive side around clearances. Incredibly powerful for his age, but needs to balance his get ball with stop ball.

The lack of comment here from fans is alarming. Seem a lot have clocked off and waiting until next year when hopefully we're more competitive.

Watched the game again late last night and there were parts to our game which were frighteningly good such as our pure movement (at times) through the midfield. Scully's running power will be a huge asset for us as the other mids get better and win more clean ball. Toby Greene was really elite yesterday, if he plays like that every week he should be the first bloke picked.

Our defence was rubbish but in fairness we are much better with Haynes and Shaw back there. Davis tries hard but reckon he lost a fair bit of core strength with his time out and will have to build that back up. Plowman must go back to the reserves to learn the game, he is a boy amongst men.

All things considered it was a pretty good performance.

Didn't get to watch the game so I'm not in a position to comment.

Just wanted to know how did lobb perform and did JOR do enough to take cogs spot in the 22

Overall a great performance from the boys especially considering the injuries we had.

The final quarter fade out was a bit concerning, but understandable given the overall lack of match experience.

Re-sign Buntine please.

Just wanted to know how did lobb perform and did JOR do enough to take cogs spot in the 22

Both were classy enough when they found the ball but they didn't find it enough, especially Lobb

Lobb was a bit quiet compared to his debut but deserves another opportunity. JOR came on pretty late and probably from the time we started to get really dominated so hard to be too critical. I would like JOR to be given a couple of opportunities to start so that we can assess him more fairly.

Buntine was quite impressive...we seem determined to trade him but I don't know, reckon whilst we paid too much he has some nice ability as his anticipation and game sense is very good and he has a good strong body. I hope he can stay injury free so we can play him in the balance of games and really get a read as to where he is. May well be a keeper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back