bballscout

Cancelled
Apr 22, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Should be a good matchup, Tom Lynch 7 goals v Aspley should let him come back in. Maybe rest Day who is providing little target up forward right now.

Only other change I would make is bring in Taylor for Mav Weller who got owned last night by Robin Nahas and letting tigers back in the game, playing behind all night.

In: lynch, Taylor

Out: day, weller

Give Steve may the experience of playing on j.brown with Warnock taking the 2nd tall. Ps how good was Dixon down ack last night! I've seen him play there in Neafl before, perhaps rotate him between there and the ruck next week?

Lions have an underrated midfield, Zorko rockliff rich redden black harwood among others is stronger than ours, maybe look to tag rich who whilst not a big ball winner has the best disposal efficiency of those.

This is a winnable game at Metricon, lions ain't easy though
, a very solid team.

Need to convert opportunities and reduce errors, make every inside 50 count.

I will say Brisbane win by 3 goals but if we step up in the 3rd term, who knows...

Lynchy would have to come in , after a win like that you would want to stabilze the team , Mav does'nt look up to it at the moment , maybe bring back Hine for that pocket posy , my guess at this early stage would be

IN - Lynch , Hine
Out - Day (rest) , Weller

Lynchy would have to come in , after a win like that you would want to stabilze the team , Mav does'nt look up to it at the moment , maybe bring back Hine for that pocket posy , my guess at this early stage would be

IN - Lynch , Hine
Out - Day (rest) , Weller
Don't forget Danny Stanleys forced holiday. That is going to hurt a little!

Yep bring iles back in! Keep j.hall in also.

Lions are a little light on for key position players ATM so maybe a good week to use our size and take advantage at both ends.

Not sure hickey needs to come back, lions will play Hudson alone in the ruck, similar format to tigers this week.

Yep bring iles back in! Keep j.hall in also.

Lions are a little light on for key position players ATM so maybe a good week to use our size and take advantage at both ends.

Not sure hickey needs to come back, lions will play Hudson alone in the ruck, similar format to tigers this week.

I know what your saying with J Hall, but he isn't up to it, and would need to be subbed again at half time? He did well for 60 minutes of football dont get me wrong, but what happens if something unfortunate happens and we need him for 75-90 or 120 minutes even? He will be a liability.

Lynch SHOULD come in after 6 goals in the ressies I think.

Dixon to Brown, Warnock to Merett.

Patrick the ljamanju lightning bolt may be dropped also. Has been pretty ineffective and may have played his last afl match.

I personally hope he stays in the team for now but a lock to be delisted come September...

Patrick the ljamanju lightning bolt may be dropped also. Has been pretty ineffective and may have played his last afl match.

I personally hope he stays in the team for now but a lock to be delisted come September...

why would you want him to stay in the team for now?
he clearly isnt good enough. play our best team i say. if he is going to be delisted so be it.
sick of blokes getting games for no reason.

why would you want him to stay in the team for now?
he clearly isnt good enough. play our best team i say. if he is going to be delisted so be it.
sick of blokes getting games for no reason.

Fair point but I want to see if he can make it afl level. Boom or bust right now for Liam, with bust in the drivers seat...

Fair point but I want to see if he can make it afl level. Boom or bust right now for Liam, with bust in the drivers seat...

i do get what you mean. it just frustrates me that we play guys week in and week out that are not up to it, whilst clearly there are better footballers in the twos.
i just want to wineach week. but agree Patrick is very borderline at the moment, leaning toward bust as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steady on. ;) Lions might challenge, and I think they will. Both of those punishments are unreasonable IMO. I would wait until we know for sure if they will be out or not.

Hehe thats why they call it gambling :p

2 of their most important players in doubt for the match is good enough for me to take a punt this early. Odds have already shortened to $3.20 from $3.40. So put $100 on early.

I think Stanley was lucky in that Riewoldt wasn't hurt and he got up pretty quickly. In light of the Wellingham incident, 1 week off isn't all that severe.

Bring Isles back in for Stanley,

We have a season defining few weeks ahead of us, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and GWS, three of these are home games (except Syndey) we are a real chance of snatching a couple of these which would be great for the boys, coaches and us die hards.
The Sydney game is at home Bigun, The Melbourne one is at the 'G.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back