Autopsy Round 18, 2014 - Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast Suns Autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Dammit, dlanod I was just about to do it...

2c6f964c4c5f9225164554930ee856e5cfecea127992c47e7a4fe891de6ca953.jpg

Josh Green, can't wait for him to be the best small forward in the comp in 2-3 years time. What an exciting player and you can't help but love him.

Were there any injuries? Did I break the curse?

Going to be in a good mood tonight!

10 individual goalkickers, a very comfortable win, 4 quarter performance and great signs from the young blokes. Can't be upset about much after that.

Were there any injuries? Did I break the curse?

Just the Mayes head-knock and Goose's corky as far as I know, think you're in the clear!

Great win. So many contributors. Hanley was bog closely followed by Rockliff (47d, 11 clearances)

What I have liked this year is that players who have had extended times on the sideline come in and make an immediate impact. Crisp was another tonight that played a very good game. I hope he can string together a few more games as I have been on his bandwagon for some time. Will earn a new contract soon I would think if he keep it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was good for the soul. Plus I had $10 on the boys to win.

Hope I can get to Coles before it shuts, need to celebrate!

Fantastic performance. I was confident we could win but i didn't see that first qtr coming. Obliterated the suns. Sure they were poor but i think a lot of that was down to them being shellshocked. They couldn't get their hands on the ball and when they did we bashed them.

Our ball movement was first rate. Players running hard into space. Numbers at the contest. Clean hands and precise passing. It was a rare pleasure for us Lions fans. Leppa's game plan is starting to take effect.

Hanley was superb - as good as individual performance you are likely to see at the Gabba for sometime. When he gets the ball you know he will hurt the opposition. Rocky wasn't far behind with a staggering 47 disposals. Think the football world might start waking up to how good he is. Zorks best game for the year as well. When he plays well we normally win. Stefan Martin played another blinder. As Leigh Matthews likes to say nothing is as bad as it seems and when Luey and Westy went down it looked bleak for our ruck stocks. But Martin has been a revelation. Would have to be one of the top 5 rucks in the comp at present. Gets a lot of the ball as well. Another 20 touches tonight. Mayes found a bit of ball tonight which was good to see and Greeny was all class up forward. He will be a 40+ goals a year goal kicker in the next few years.

Ripping win boys - great week for the club with two re signings and appointing CEO Greg Swann.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back