Autopsy Round 18, 2014 - Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast Suns Autopsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly you have lots of ideas, firstly if you read a few more of our pages, you would know that The Brown Dog (TBD) is a very respected poster on our board, he is a moderator, if you spent some more time on our board you would also know when TBD is enjoying the moment at someone else's expense, clearly your name TheSunGod is letting you down at the moment.

On the Suns, I would be surprised if you win another game this year. Now off you go back to your own board where I believe some of your supporters want your coaches head.

You completely lost me here. :confused:

Bewick out played Bennell, it was beautiful to watch. His only damaging disposal was that chip to Swallow.

Clearly you have lots of ideas, firstly if you read a few more of our pages, you would know that The Brown Dog (TBD) is a very respected poster on our board, he is a moderator, if you spent some more time on our board you would also know when TBD is enjoying the moment at someone else's expense, clearly your name TheSunGod is letting you down at the moment.

On the Suns, I would be surprised if you win another game this year. Now off you go back to your own board where I believe some of your supporters want your coaches head.

Bit of a misread there, mavlions.

Spent the last hour trying to get the AFL "smart" replay working so I can finally watch the match. Still no luck. Any suggestions?

Foxtel ;) watching IQ replay now.

Just out of interest, what do they show at half time on 7Mate when Fox is covering our game? Do they just broadcast the Fox Footy panel show at half time?

Good point. Bewick's inconsistency and tendency to go AWOL has frustrated me in the past, but if giving him a tagging role keeps him in the contest and (to use a teacherism) "on task" then that could really help him contribute more consistently.
Yeah he is an intriguing player. He has been just hanging onto his place not only in the match day side but at the club itself. Reminds me a bit of a young Craig McRae who also showed flashes of promise while really struggling to truly find his feet in the game.

If he can just find a role for himself for a couple of years I get the feeling he could steadily eliminate the deficiencies in his game and become a really, really damaging player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must say that after last nights game I simply cannot wait for the Demons game this week. Should be a cracker to get along too.

I'm expecting a Lions win, partly based on my expectation that Melbourne will tank for the remainder of the season. And lets be honest, they have form in that department and are up there as one of the most unethical and immoral club's in the comp.

All things being equal, on current form and ignoring the fact that Melbourne will want to lose, I do think we are a better side nonetheless.

If there was something I was going to be a little bit critical of it might just be the impact that Jed Adcock has been having this year. Like a lot of our senior players early on he was up and down a little but most seem to have gotten back into the swing of things by now. Makes me wonder whether Jed's carrying a little niggle or something.

Thought last night he was alright but still a bit off his best

He lined up in the forward line at one stage last night. He's no longer the quarter back or the loose man. It's hard to know what his current role is.

One thing you can never question with Jed is the way he approaches the game. Does not give an inch.

He seemed to play a few different roles last night. At a few centre bounces, he lined up on a wing but then stationed himself a kick behind general play.

With Jed it may be the captains weight of expectation that is on his shoulders this year which may be weighing him down a bit????

Jed is our captain, but not our best player. TBH, considering the players like Rocky, Hanley, Green, Zorko, Squizzy running around, if Adcock goes unnoticed, he is probably doing his job. Jed never was going to be a true A grader. He leads by example on and off and does his role for the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back