Review Round 18, 2014 - Frankston v Box Hill Hawks, 10 August 2014, 2.00pm @ Frankston Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Frankston vs. Box Hill Hawks

Sunday, August 10

Frankston Oval at 2:00pm

Frankston

B Sutton J. Irving Heddles

HB N. Newman Simpson Lees

C J. Newman Hockey Tynan

HF Harper Haretuku Potts

F Alwan Lourey Buchan

R Gabriel L. Kitchin Cavarra

Int Garner Boland Pongracic

Taylor Fox B. Irving Pollard

Pickess*

Box Hill Hawks

B Heatherley Litherland Brand

HB Kelly Cheney Wanganeen

C Willsmore Iles Ross

HF Tobin Hallahan Murphy

F Grimley O'Brien Ceglar

R Lowden Sewell Woodward

Int Andrews Mirra Collins

Cust Lock Kennedy Evans*

Walker Sicily

I may get along to this but it's a 2hr trip each way without a car. See how we go.

Not taking this game for granted at all but we have a nice run with Frankston, then Bendigo (H) and Northern Blues (H) to see the H&A season out. We need to win to keep 2nd spot (and by decent margins to increase our percentage). Tight up the top this year, we can't afford to be complacent in any of these games if we want to have a fair dinkum crack at back to back. Our journey starts now.

Frankston have managed to cause a few upsets this year so by no means is this game a certainty; our form of recent hasn't been great. That said, with commitment to the cause I'm confident we can get up although with the forecast conditions, the weather may not be conducive to a good old fashioned belting even if we play at 100%.

Sunday 10 August Frankston Forecast (BoM)
Summary
showers.png

Min 11
Max 11
Showers.
Cloudy. High chance of showers, mostly clearing during the evening. Light winds becoming west to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the morning then tending south to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h during the day.

The Hawks travel down the Nepean Highway hoping to put their season back on track after a lacklustre win over the Lions and a battling loss to Collingwood last weekend.

frankston.jpg

The Hawks have not had an enjoyable fortnight of football and will need to put their season back on track against 13th placed Frankston. Although the Hawks are a game and a half clear of fifth-placed Werribee, their form stumble couldn't come at a worst time of the season as the Hawks look to defend their premiership. On the upside, the Hawks trail Footscray and Williamstown by half a game (Port Melbourne is way out in front, two games clear of second place).

In the race for the top four, Werribee host Footscray at 1pm on Sunday at Avalon Airport Oval, while Williamstown entertain the Northern Blues from 2pm on Sunday at Burbank Oval. So, should results go Box Hill's way, they could be back into second place by the end of the round, so long as they can take care of business against the Dolphins.

As always, if you can't attend the game (or even if you can) 3WBC will keep you informed with a live broadcast from 1pm. For those in Melbourne's eastern suburbs, you can tune your transistor radio to 94.1FM. You can also stream the broadcast from www.3wbc.org.au or using the TuneIn app on your favourite mobile or tablet device.

Teams for the seniors are above. For those that are keen to put faces to names, the Hawks have set out the handy-dandy graphic below:

Round%2018%20vs%20Frankston.png

The development squad plays the curtain raiser from 11am against Frankston.

Round%2018%20Dev.png

Take a look at the following for Box Hill's official preview of the game:

http://boxhillhawks.com.au/box-hill-hawks-vs-frankston-preview-54.html

I may get along to this but it's a 2hr trip each way without a car. See how we go.

Too far for me this week even by car, will tune in on 3WBC though :thumbsu:

We should win this, but that's what I thought about last week's match o_O Should help having a few players back like Litherland and Woodward and Sewell will be a good addition to the midfield as well (assuming they all play of course).

GO STANGERS!!!

The Hawks travel down the Nepean Highway hoping to put their season back on track after a lacklustre win over the Lions and a battling loss to Collingwood last weekend.

frankston.jpg

The Hawks have not had an enjoyable fortnight of football and will need to put their season back on track against 13th placed Frankston. Although the Hawks are a game and a half clear of fifth-placed Werribee, their form stumble couldn't come at a worst time of the season as the Hawks look to defend their premiership. On the upside, the Hawks trail Footscray and Williamstown by half a game (Port Melbourne is way out in front, two games clear of second place).

In the race for the top four, Werribee host Footscray at 1pm on Sunday at Avalon Airport Oval, while Williamstown entertain the Northern Blues from 2pm on Sunday at Burbank Oval. So, should results go Box Hill's way, they could be back into second place by the end of the round, so long as they can take care of business against the Dolphins.

As always, if you can't attend the game (or even if you can) 3WBC will keep you informed with a live broadcast from 1pm. For those in Melbourne's eastern suburbs, you can tune your transistor radio to 94.1FM. You can also stream the broadcast from www.3wbc.org.au or using the TuneIn app on your favourite mobile or tablet device.

Teams for the seniors are above. For those that are keen to put faces to names, the Hawks have set out the handy-dandy graphic below:

Round%2018%20vs%20Frankston.png

The development squad plays the curtain raiser from 11am against Frankston.

Round%2018%20Dev.png

Take a look at the following for Box Hill's official preview of the game:

http://boxhillhawks.com.au/box-hill-hawks-vs-frankston-preview-54.html
Nice work here looks like you put a lot a time in to this,looks good I like.thanx Dixie

Nice work here looks like you put a lot a time in to this,looks good I like.thanx Dixie

The team graphics are done by Box Hill Hawks, not by me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Full time Development Squad scores:

Frankston 2.5.17
Box Hill 24.22.166

A shellacking by anyone's measure, hopefully the good form transfers to the Box Hill seniors match!

McEvoy the younger kicked 5 goals I think (someone correct me if wrong, just going off tweets!)

Last edited:
A low scoring affair, strong breezes blowing across the ground, slightly favouring the end to which Frankston will kick to third quarter. Sun is out which makes it hard to see / mark the ball when kicking to that end.

Lowden has had a real hard crack, good to Sewell in amongst it, O'Brien has done some good things, Ceglar also looking ok! Woody solid.

Need to find our feet & be cleaner with disposal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back