Review Round 18, 2015 - Geelong vs Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dawson, Jed....

HARRIS ANDREWS!

Nothing went right today for us. We had a small sniff early on, missed a few chances and the game was pretty much over. Our mob's confidence is completely and utterly shot. They don't even have a reason to play. Probably the reason why our youngsters are the ones that are doing the best, because they're the ones with something to prove.

Waltzing Matilda,
Boo for St. Kilda!
Up with Fitzroy,
And down with Geelong....

Jed Adcock. If anyone deserves better it's him.

Jono Freeman. Keep up the good work son.

Our defence...oh guys. I love you all so much and yet you hurt me so bad. I'm sounding like a broken record I know, but letting Patfull go was so, SO foolish!

A lot more positives then recent weeks.

Dawson, Andrews and Paparone continue to impress.

Adcock showing the forwards how it's done as well, great leadership.

Sadly a lot of our senior bodies let us down. Rich, Redden, Hanley, Zorko, Bewick to name a few - not good enough at all.

Robinson with 30 touches works his ass off for this club, Rocky as well.

Did I mention Andrews? Kid is a gun - rising star this week please.

Go Lions!

Dawson, Andrews and Jed were shining lights.

Merrett held Hawkins well I thought.

Expected McStay and Freeman to be well held by the experienced Geelong defenders.

Missed the game because I was working but it looks like I dodged a bullet!

How did Freeman/our young forwards do? Any promising signs?

How did the midfield battle go? Were we competitive at least?

Alright. I'm rational now, apologies for whatever I posted in the game day thread. Footy brings out the second worst in me.

Our lack of tackling (we just hang off and wave our arms around). This is definitely a lack of confidence or fear of doing something wrong issue. When players are up and about they really charge in for tackles without fear of repercussions. We also seem to quite often have players who are having a run, with no one near them looking backwards to dish it off to someone else, even if they are in a worse position, which really seems to slow us up. Not sure if confidence or lack of talk?

Jed, Harris and Dawson were real highlights today.

Also, Jack Redden didn't have his best game today, but seriously, trade bait?

We got smashed but as strange as it sounds I was really happy with Harris and Dawson. Thanks for carrying us this season beams. Get fit and we will see you dominant next season

I've been critical of this coaching group, but questions have got to be raised of this Danny Daly bloke. Clearance numbers are up on last year, but the quality is the worst I've seen. We don't look to have any idea what's going on at stoppages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shoot me down but no future for Leppitsch as coach. You can not try to be best mates with the whole team. Have your wife chiming in and be brutally honest. The kids who have stuck around and the young Queensland talent are capable of hearing the honest truth.

Any update on Luey? Away from TV this weekend. Long term injury or minor?

I haven't seen the game but I've been thinking,
I think the mozzie squad is over rated. Whilst they are handy players in not sure if we can afford to have more than 2 little guys in the side at one time.
They just can't tackle well enough in this age of contested footy.

I haven't seen the game but I've been thinking,
I think the mozzie squad is over rated. Whilst they are handy players in not sure if we can afford to have more than 2 little guys in the side at one time.
They just can't tackle well enough in this age of contested footy.
We didn't have more than two little guys out there though.

Gardiner, who was terrific last year was played injured, like so many this year. Leuenberger, can't be relied on, when will that sink in. And it's correct , Rich and Bewick, are terrified of physical contact and hard work.

Back