Opinion Round 18 Changes vs. GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

We have to give Sandi a rest sometime
I would not be surprised to see:
Out Sandi, Tabs, C Pearce, Fyfe
In Clarke, Mzungu, Dawson, Weller

Can't see them playing three ruckman, Clarke , Sandi and griff. Don't think he'll make more than three changes, so Dawson back and Alex forward and maybe Weller for Fyfe.

I didn't think of 3 rucks, I was just trying to keep 3 talls in the forward line. I would like to have a look at A Pearce in the forward line, so he is worth a shot.

Yep, happy for Zarke and Griff to have a ruck off.

In Zarke, Gu, weller, Dawson
Out Sandi, clang, Fyfe, tabs

A Pearce plays forward

Edited: just realised this is what square peg just told us

Only reason Clarke come in is if one of the Ruckman is injured. A Pearce will start down back . Maybe get a run up forward at some stage but our backline has been so good this year without MJ. Ross would be happy with AP with his Input? Think we will play one debutant this week. Weller or Langdon ? Either or I'm happy with.

Only reason Clarke come in is if one of the Ruckman is injured. A Pearce will start down back . Maybe get a run up forward at some stage but our backline has been so good this year without MJ. Ross would be happy with AP with his Input? Think we will play one debutant this week. Weller or Langdon ? Either or I'm happy with.

No doubt Ross would be happy with A Pearce. However, don't think he is too happy with Tabs; hence we're still looking for that extra tall forward. With MJ and Dawson due to come back into the side over the next month the obvious choice is to trial Alex up forward.

The selections throw up so many possibilities. And frankly I love it.

1) Clarke for Taberners role
2) Dawson in, A.Pearce forward
3) Dawson in, Dawson forward
4) Mzungu in for Clancees role
5) Mzungu in for Fyfes role
6) Blakeley in for Fyfes role
7) Dawson In, go tall down back and small up front, aim for rebound goals
8) Deboer onball, Weller or Langdon forward

First time I've looked at selections this year and been unsure about how we'll lineup. My guess is Mzungu for Clancee. Blakeley for Fyfe. Clarke for Taberber.

If this is the case then Langdon gets the gong. Only forward of the three boys.
I knew my buddy would be a shoe in for this game if his body was broken. :(

Langdons only 181cm though... Makes me wonder if Clarke is tried purely as a forward or we try Pearce up front.

Worked for another one of our young players all those years ago and his last name started with P too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was obviously more to that scan he had a few weeks back than he and the club lead on.
Is it that, or is it "the code" and they don't want people to blame Sam Mitchell?

Dawson, Weller and Mzungu will be the 3 ins IMO. Blakely will take the next step in his apprenticeship and be emergency along with Clarke.

Can't see Tendai getting a gig as he's had a few chances this year and it appears the young guys are "next in line".

Also think only one of Dawson or Clarke will come in unless another big is rested.

My guess is the three In's will be Dawson, Weller and Blakely.

Yes it has. You can see the game time in those stats. Being subbed 75-80% of the time is an indictment on Tab's performance by the way.

Talls get subbed for runners in the later stages of a match all the time. That is not to say they are the worst performed at that stage at all. I thought the stats were fairly neutral myself. Taberner doesn't ruck and he has kicked twice as many goals. They're both a bit s**t. Having said that, one is under performing for his supposed talent and age and one is a developing kpp with 26 games experience...

Yes it has. You can see the game time in those stats. Being subbed 75-80% of the time is an indictment on Tab's performance by the way.
Actually he's one of those type: if in doubt and team's playing well, sub him off.
Last week D. Pearce, C.Pearce and maybe Suttcliffe were prime candidates for the sub yet it has to be Tabs. It's a confidence denter. Can't imagine how much pressure it would be for him every game.

How many afl game clarke play more than tab before 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back