Opinion Round 18 Changes vs. St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Bob's conspiracy theory of the day: Menegola is the travelling emergency so the others can get match fitness through Peel instead of sitting around doing bugger all.

Bob's conspiracy theory of the day: Menegola is the travelling emergency so the others can get match fitness through Peel instead of sitting around doing bugger all.

I'm hoping its just a case of giving him a week to have a look at it and experience travelling etc just in case we need him later in the season.
We done that with Grey and Apeness earlier in the year.

I hope he doesn't play though. Just insurance for Crowls later in the season.

I'm hoping its just a case of giving him a week to have a look at it and experience travelling etc just in case we need him later in the season.
We done that with Grey and Apeness earlier in the year.

I hope he doesn't play though. Just insurance for Crowls later in the season.
Maybe a little from column A and a little from column B.

so Menegola is upgraded.
surely he will come into the team
the obvious replacement is Crowley
less obvious is who to tag at the Saints.
does he tag Fyfe to try to even up the game? :p
joking, Saints always put in a good effort against us

A lot of people concerned about who we have missing this week so i had a look at the Saints injury list and they have some talent on the sidelines too.

These guys are all in the Saints best 22.
Jack Steven - Stephen Hill
Tom Hickey - Aaron Sandilands
Sam Gilbert - Garick Ibbotson
Jaryn Geary - Michael Walters
Terry Milera - Hayden Ballantyne

Clearly the list on the left is the much better list, but its not like its our side with 5 guys missing against their best side.

A lot of people concerned about who we have missing this week so i had a look at the Saints injury list and they have some talent on the sidelines too.

Clearly the list on the left is the much better list, but its not like its our side with 5 guys missing against their best side.
Really?

You do mean the "right" side yeah ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With our last three games against Hawks, Geelong and Port, our only real opportunity to give anybody a bit of a break leading into the finals is this week and then against Carlton. Sandi is clearly being rested, and it would not surprise me to see other late changes for the senior players.

You play your way in.

If that happens, Zac might start getting nervous about his spot.

Yeah, absolutely. I might not be in the majority here, but I've not been that impressed with Clarke over the past few weeks. I know his knee is giving him a bit of trouble, but excuses aside, I still don't think he's been that great. Not terrible either; doing his job, kicking the odd goal etc. But he had some ripping games earlier in the year and he's not playing at that level at the moment. Though I think Griff himself will be limited coming back after so long out, so I don't think it will happen, but if he really tears it up, he may well hold his spot at Clarke's expense.

Last edited:
With our last three games against Hawks, Geelong and Port, our only real opportunity to give anybody a bit of a break leading into the finals is this week and then against Carlton. Sandi is clearly being rested, and it would not surprise me to see other late changes for the senior players.

How many emergencies travelled? Just Menegola?

Yeah, absolutely. I might not be in the majority here, but I've not been that impressed with Clarke over the past few weeks. I know his knee is giving him a bit of trouble, but excuses aside, I still don't think he's been that great. Not terrible either; doing his job, kicking the odd goal etc. But he had some ripping games earlier in the year and he's not playing at that level at the moment. Thought I think Griff himself will be limited coming back after so long out, so I don't think it will happen, if he really tears it up, he may well hold his spot at Clarke's expense.

Agreed; I'll be watching Griff very closely tomorrow.

He bleeds purple after all.

i reckon part of the sandi thing is they want to show griff that he is the no.1 backup to sandilands in pure ruck, and just reinforce that when sandi retires griff will come straight in.

If I remember correctly, Griffin was pretty good in front of goal and took some strong pack marks before his injury last year. Let's see how things goes tomorrow, but I reckon he'll give Clarke a good run for his money.

If I remember correctly, Griffin was pretty good in front of goal and took some strong pack marks before his injury last year. Let's see how things goes tomorrow, but I reckon he'll give Clarke a good run for his money.
He is also fantastic right on the boundry at the tightest of angles. Kicking one of the best snap/dribble goals from a ruckman that I can remember (in the wet too).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back