Game Day Round 18 @ Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

339961-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

• Made the best players again. This time in a season-defining game that puts us into the 8. Time for some humble pie you knockers. Kudos to all others that kept the faith with this bloke. He's good and he's improving by the game.​

339961-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

• Made the best players again. This time in a season-defining game that puts us into the 8. Time for some humble pie you knockers. Kudos to all others that kept the faith with this bloke. He's good and he's improving by the game.​
He's a favourite!

There's some funny fear about playing us in the finals in week 1..
I thought we were s**t, there should be zero fear..
What happened to top 4 though? They can't play us from the top 4.. ;)

I also like the part where they would easily beat any of the final 8 sides at AO.. :D

I'm so glad I'm part of a club that doesn't spend the majority of its time telling the world how great it is. Our supporters are far more balanced people than they are.

Martin ahead of Smith in the top 3? OK then mate.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing when you can say he went on and performed well in the 4th, but the fact is he and Wright were both looking ordinary at the end of the 3rd and were both like-for-like options for the sub Grigg.
He was never going to be subbed before Wright, as he had a brilliant first half, poorish third quarter along with most of the side, and then again brilliant in the last. What does the bloke have to do to get recognition on here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was never going to be subbed before Wright, as he had a brilliant first half, poorish third quarter along with most of the side, and then again brilliant in the last. What does the bloke have to do to get recognition on here?
3rd of June
absolutely, even when I went down to see Tex play against the Bays you could tell Martin was playing his heart out for the jumper and a spot in the seniors.

he's been good and I think he completely deserves every game he gets, but realistically its going to be very tough for him to hold his spot when guys start coming back from injuries. You can tell by the way he plays and the way he's responded to everything Pilchard_Adams has mentioned above that he's got character in spades, now he just has to demand his spot.
4th of July
glad people are finally getting around Martin a bit, he and Sloane are very similar sorts for mine. Neither are particularly gifted, but both have hearts of gold. Sloane has just been fortunate enough to have a good run with injuries and plenty of opportunities. People forget that Martin's first couple of were very exciting.

while he may not be around for too long going forward because he's obviously not a Gary Ablett type, the guy deserves a lot of respect for the way he's carried himself over the journey and he's been getting very little.
you're right though, I just hate Martin :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back