beartoo

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Moana Heights Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Had a rare look at the Port board late last night after reading about it on this thread. They are a deluded lot over there. Some of the scenarios they have dreamt up include being the 1st side to win a premiership from outside the 8...err...sorry, make that 4. This will forever remove the small matter of 119 for all time. Us beating Geelong, going to the West to play Freo, getting tossed and coming back to face a rampaging Power at AO and being smashed in such a way that the stain will never be removed (someone seems to have forgotten -83 in the Dream Final). There is more of this stuff. It was hard to get to sleep as my ribs were hurting after laughing so much.
My take on them at present is that they will make the bottom reaches of the 8. May yet finish up under us.

AJB84

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
"Patrick Dangerfield won’t require scans after sustaining a knock to his knee in Adelaide’s win over Collingwood at the MCG on Sunday.

Dangerfield was helped from the ground by trainers after hurting his left knee in the dying stages of his team’s 16-point win. The star midfielder is sore, but expected to play against West Coast at Adelaide Oval on Saturday afternoon."
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-07-28/injury-update-rd-19

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone got the answer to this? Last quarter (I think) Tex has a go at Marley Williams, mocks him about something. What was it about?

Good to see!

Campbell's Chunky

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
"Patrick Dangerfield won’t require scans after sustaining a knock to his knee in Adelaide’s win over Collingwood at the MCG on Sunday.

Dangerfield was helped from the ground by trainers after hurting his left knee in the dying stages of his team’s 16-point win. The star midfielder is sore, but expected to play against West Coast at Adelaide Oval on Saturday afternoon."
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-07-28/injury-update-rd-19
Good result - but surely you'd get that bad boy scanned just in case?

Nov 11, 2007
Rebuilding
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kochie's 2nd fave team
Anyone got the answer to this? Last quarter (I think) Tex has a go at Marley Williams, mocks him about something. What was it about?

Good to see!
Tex loves letting them know when they mess something up that costs them, good stuff, tries to get in their head and get their confidence down..

Williams kind of got in a spot he didn't know what to do with the ball and then just did some handball in the air that went nowhere really and we kicked a goal from it..

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tex loves letting them know when they mess something up that costs them, good stuff, tries to get in their head and get their confidence down..

Williams kind of got in a spot he didn't know what to do with the ball and then just did some handball in the air that went nowhere really and we kicked a goal from it..

Thanks mate. I saw Tex do a handball action and figured he was sticking it to him for something!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
I'll actually be going to next week's Collingwood v Port Adelaide game aswell at the 'G because my Collingwood supporting Uncle is coming down from Brisbane -

Will be kinda funny as this time I'll probably be going for Collingwood

Also, I realised that it will be the first time that I have seen Port Adelaide play live - Have never made it to a Showdown before and haven't had any compulsion to see them play here in Melbourne before -

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos

Good to see!

Cause Marley Willaims is a dick who should be in jail?

I'll actually be going to next week's Collingwood v Port Adelaide game aswell at the 'G because my Collingwood supporting Uncle is coming down from Brisbane -

Will be kinda funny as this time I'll probably be going for Collingwood

Also, I realised that it will be the first time that I have seen Port Adelaide play live - Have never made it to a Showdown before and haven't had any compulsion to see them play here in Melbourne before -
i've got a couple of powa mates coming across for it

i might take a book and wear my crows guernsey

Team DJ

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2011
Penny Lane
AFL Club
Carlton
You still think the 2 year deal was questionable? I guess the coaches and list managers saw more in him than a lot on here did. And they were right.

At the time yes, and up to a month ago there was no need to change that opinion.
1 Month of Footy doesnt change 18 months of a wasted contract
FWIW I still think that he at 26 playing ahead of Crouch Lyons and Grigg is not smart. But hes playing well.

alex_is_on_fire

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors NBA Champions
Can't see why he doesn't deserve at least another year, at worst he provides some nice depth, something I'd be very doubtful of us getting very late in the draft which we could go if we were to do a cull like you'd probably hope for.

He seems to be improving each week, having averaged 21.6 disposals, 5 tackles and .6 goals (1 behind) a game over his past 3 games. Hardly the most skillful guy out there but I love his efforts, have assumed he'd come out once/if our best 22 were all uninjured but he now has to have a poor performance before that will happen due to how he's been playing recently.

Should still keep him away from the backline where possible, at least kicking it out of the d50 because he is prone to the very risky kick that can hurt big time if it doesn't come off (Poor Mackay had it twice yesterday with both Martin and Hendo and luckily he was perfect in both situations).

You do know, that isn't true.

If martin goes off the list, his place in the team will be replaced by someone we currently have. For example, Rory Atkins would get that opportunity or cameron Ellis Yoeman but it's a furphy to suggest it would be pick 80.

It's like climbing the corporate ladder, you have to pay your dues and serve your time in the mail room before getting the corner office.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
It does my head in, he's done nothing deserve the amount of hatred from them. He's fair, not dirty, doesn't rub it in to the opposition and he's not a FIGJAM despite what they say (if they want a FIGJAM, they just need to look in their backyard at Chad ******* Wingard).
I'd love to hear what Schulzenfest has to say about this, he seems to have the biggest obsession and drives a lot of the Danger hate on their board. Also, JimmyBeerCans, but I think he just enjoys trolling us for a laugh.

Nov 11, 2007
Rebuilding
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kochie's 2nd fave team
I'd love to hear what Schulzenfest has to say about this, he seems to have the biggest obsession and drives a lot of the Danger hate on their board. Also, JimmyBeerCans, but I think he just enjoys trolling us for a laugh.
Ask Schulzenfest about Brodie Smith while you're at it..
Always has accurate assessments of our players..
Parrotted non stop for a while that he was a dead set plodder vanilla nothing of a player.. :D:oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back