Round 18 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been happening for weeks bro.

I've been thinking about this,

If I worked in from 50,000 out, slowly, to have my current rank of 116, I'd be stoked with my season.

But I was at 10, somewhere around round 9, so I've slowly drifted out, and it's messing with my head. Not sure if others have had a similar experience. I mean, I wonder how this guy, Harder Rain feels. Was 900 points ahead in first at the end of the Byes. Last I checked he was back to 20th or so.

I was high early got to 20 & smashed out to 190th this week. I'm sad & hurting. Too much out of our control

All the action happen at the tail end of the season. Those we trades or good bench cover that can manage the injuries, suspensions and resting of players now will benefit the most. No point having the players that were up and about at the start of the year now if they're not performing because good sides are upgrading to players in form. This is where many drop like a stone.

That's rough!

Yeh, but the prize for highest overall is the same as winning the GF and 2nd overall is the same as losing Grand Finalist. I'm only 186 points away from overtaking you to win the top prize in that and 600 points ahead of 3rd, so should win 2nd overall prize at the minimum.

Also finished 2nd on % in the other Kliq (SC ring) league, which pretty much has the same players only 10 teams though, so still a shot of winning that.

All the action happen at the tail end of the season. Those we trades or good bench cover that can manage the injuries, suspensions and resting of players now will benefit the most. No point having the players that were up and about at the start of the year now if they're not performing because good sides are upgrading to players in form. This is where many drop like a stone.

Or players that people "upgraded" because they were tailing off (Cripps), injured (Saad), dropped (Oxley) or having poor season (Selwood) get a second wind or find long lost form and come home with a wet sail.

Or players that people "upgraded" because they were tailing off (Cripps), injured (Saad), dropped (Oxley) or having poor season (Selwood) get a second wind or find long lost form and come home with a wet sail.
Maybe, but guys like Cripps, Saad and Oxley won't do you any favours when the masses are upgrading them to guys like Picken and Hodge and Selwood was always a good chance to go bang. He has a habit of stringing big games together, just usually not so many poor games like this season.

Hurts big time for those that went Selwood to Gaz but there are lessons there.

Maybe, but guys like Cripps, Saad and Oxley won't do you any favours when the masses are upgrading them to guys like Picken and Hodge and Selwood was always a good chance to go bang. He has a habit of stringing big games together, just usually not so many poor games like this season.

Hurts big time for those that went Selwood to Gaz but there are lessons there.
I went Jelwood > Gaj after sticking fat all year. Ironically went Gaj > Jelwood last week and took a 171 vc.

It was obvious he struggled with a hard tag without much support, and probably carrying a niggle. Bartel, Kelly & Duncan take some heat off him now.

2485 and moved back up to 6412th in the overall.

Booked myself in for a couple of QFs and an elimination final in my leagues.

Hopefully I'll get Riewoldt back to replace Steele who was useless and I've still got a couple of trades up my sleeve in case of emergencies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone please tell me what happened to Ollie Wines? I moved house and didn't see any footy yesterday, but noticed he got subbed off really early. Will he miss next week?
Popped his shoulder. Will be out for a few weeks.

Imagine him next year when Danger's running around and taking some attention away from him
Absolute lock if Danger goes to the Cats and Bartel, Kelly etc. are all fit.

Reckon the Phil Walsh tragedy changed the landscape a bit. Think he was 100% leaving prior to that, but percentages have dropped since. Probably still favourite to leave, but not the certainty it once was IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back