Preview Round 18 - Geelong v Brisbane, 1:45pm Saturday 1 August, Simonds Stadium

Predict the outcome

• Geelong by 1-25

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Geelong by 25+

Votes: 60 87.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brisbane by 1-25

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Brisbane by 25+

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Bundy will be venturing anywhere near Tom Lonergan on the weekend by some chance.

Small mids go all over the ground.

GO Catters

Still find it really difficult to believe I mean look at Christensen - a face only a mother could love... plus he's like 175cm... strange...

Still find it really difficult to believe I mean look at Christensen - a face only a mother could love... plus he's like 175cm... strange...

Hey… whats wrong with 175 cms *er….. :cool:

GO Catters

So I did a ladder predictor.

Win vs Lions by 60 pts
Win vs Swans by 12 pts
Lose vs Hawks by 30 pts
Win vs Saints by 30 pts
Win one of Pies/Crows and lose the other.

We finish 8th.

Play Richmond at the MCG in an Elimination Final. They are like a rabbit in headlights and we win by 30 pts.
Play Sydney who are running out of puff in the Semi at ANZ and beat them by 12 pts.
Play WCE over in WA in a Prelim. They think its a walk in the park. We pip them at the post.

Jeff Kennett declare if Geelong wins he will move to Tibet and join a monstery and take a vow of silence "because Hawthorn win the games that matter"

Grand Final vs Hawthorn. They dominate the first half, but kick poorly. In the third term, we dominate play, and from limited opportunities we kick straight and pile on the pressure. The siren goes, and Geelong are in front 14.8 to 12.14.

Hey… whats wrong with 175 cms goose….. :cool:

GO Catters
Statistically .6cm below the national average. So at a grand 179cm I can proudly same I'm above average :cool:

Given the rumours of bad blood between our playing group and Bundy, I'm expecting him to get a bit of "treatment."

Real danger game for us if we come out like we did against the Demons. Hopefully we've left that crap behind us.

I'm not. It's not 1981 anymore. Nothing is going to happen. I've seen a club legitimately go after someone who left (for those playing at home, your clues are a) Richmond, b) St.Kilda, c) Doug Cox), and even that was rare then. The game has just changed so much.

I doubt that he'll even be booed.

I'm not. It's not 1981 anymore. Nothing is going to happen. I've seen a club legitimately go after someone who left (for those playing at home, your clues are a) Richmond, b) St.Kilda, c) Doug Cox), and even that was rare then. The game has just changed so much.

I doubt that he'll even be booed.
Maybe nobody cares enough about him.

Yep remember that game well. They ran the blanket around the ground for people to throw coins into, hilarious. Cats dominated. We walked to the scoring end each quarter there were so little people at the ground.

Hope we smash them like that again

Youve got a fantastic memory - i can remember them taking the blanket around the ground now - i was up the Barkley St end - they were dead set hopeless Fitzroy at that time - but they did have a very young Chris Johnson playing for them that day - and he ended up a super star

As for the current Lions ( who i pay very little attention to ) i read in the paper today in the injury list 9 players out for the season - including D Bourkes son - so they have been smashed by injuries

So I did a ladder predictor.

Win vs Lions by 60 pts
Win vs Swans by 12 pts
Lose vs Hawks by 30 pts
Win vs Saints by 30 pts
Win one of Pies/Crows and lose the other.

We finish 8th.

Play Richmond at the MCG in an Elimination Final. They are like a rabbit in headlights and we win by 30 pts.
Play Sydney who are running out of puff in the Semi at ANZ and beat them by 12 pts.
Play WCE over in WA in a Prelim. They think its a walk in the park. We pip them at the post.
Grand Final vs Hawthorn. They dominate the first half, but kick poorly. In the third term, we dominate play, and from limited opportunities we kick straight and pile on the pressure. The siren goes, and Geelong are in front 14.8 to 12.14.

Someone pass me what this guy's smoking :confused:

Someone pass me what this guy's smoking :confused:
large.jpg

Nice avatar, Mitch is a good looking guy :D

Well the pressure is off Geelong now you'd think, they'll probably come out now and play decent consistent football. I'd be happy to miss finals though, would rather them come back hungry next year than just make up the numbers this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please don't be sub... Fyfe is out this week :(

Don't like it. A back pocket for a half forward. If we play Cockatoo down back, that's fine, as that's where he's been playing VFL the past two months. But I wouldn't say Dempsey kicking a bag on him last week was form enough. I still think we need Bews for this game.

I only saw last week (in terms of vfl) but Cockatoo didn't strike me as pushing for selection based on that game. Maybe he performed in previous weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back