Round 18: Hawthorn vs Richmond - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I love reading game day threads - the hurt from other club supporters when they are posting makes my day.

The tiger army is on the March - good luck to them. KB is going to be insufferable this week :D

G7X8
[/QUOTE]

Haha, the one time iI decide to be a smart arse! Never believed it would be that easy truth be told.

Well played Tigers. Owned us.

Well done to the Tigers. Shut down the way that Hawthorn play footy well.

I know its probably the umpteenth time this has been brought up but i don't have the time to stalk through 89 pages to find an answer so my question is "Is Richmond Hawthorn's bogey team?" 3 wins from the last 4 occasions now.

Yeah I imagine the Hawks will spend the week addressing being"'outhunted" as Clarkson puts it, though I would have thought the method and structure of Richmods plans needs further study on his behalf also.
I expect a ferocious response and the Hawks to try and stamp authority over an up amd coming young finals challenger next week.
Will be interesting to see how the Eagles cope with that. Huge test of credentials next week.

True.

I though Clakson's post match comments were simple unvarnished honesty. No agenda.

he and they will be spitting fire now. Huge test for them as well as you next wee.

Except for the bit where he said Richmond had more to play for .

Thought that was a bit soft

Soft yes but it was true Blaisee. They were 2 games ahead of us and were and are pretty much locked for the 4. We were not. They were coming off a huge win. We were coming off a disappointing defeat having outplayed the ladder toppers.

I have no problem admitting it was a bigger game for us. ladder reality dictated that. Hs comment whlst admittedly a bit of an effort at deflection was still nonetheless true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love reading game day threads - the hurt from other club supporters when they are posting makes my day.

The tiger army is on the March - good luck to them. KB is going to be insufferable this week :D

bloody ripper game last night
very impressed with Ben Lennon
is he eligible for the Rising Star nom?
Cotchin isn't my favourite Tiger, but I liked his game as well.
Maric marked well.
Conca's return was also very good & that backline was brilliant.
The Houli goal raised the roof of the stand where I was sitting.
Hawks were a bit off, but they are still the team to beat IMO
Mitchell has the footwork of a mongoose attacking a cobra! He is brilliant.
Breust reads the ball off the pack at pace as well as anybody I've seen.
Unfortunately, my two other favourite Hawks, Roughead & Hill had down days.
as a neutral it was one of the games of the year (& it wasn't high scoring!!!!)

Richmond completely outplayed Hawthorn and won by a huge 3 goals. I don't think Clarko would be worried getting beaten by the Richmond Pretenders. Richmond won't trouble the Hawks come the big dance. Anyway onto next week. The game meant a lot more to the Tigers than it did us. But I'll let their supporters celebrate a July win rather than a September one
Hawthorn averaged 116 points per game heading into last night and Richmond held them to 53, including keeping them goal less in the 1st and 3rd quarters. To put it another way we out Hawthorned Hawthorn. We controlled the footy, we hunted in numbers, we forced Hawthorn into mistakes, we didn't take a backward step when Hawthorn tried to flex their muscles and intimidate us.

You're right the win in July meant a lot to Richmond, but don't give us your false bravado about it meant nothing to Hawthorn. An Eagles win this weekend will see the Hawks 2 games out of the top 2 and facing the prospect of 3 trips to Perth in 8 weeks leading into a Grand Final if you guys want to make it again. Lose to the Eagles in Perth next week and you could find yourselves sitting 5th in a weeks time.

As for being pretenders, well we've beaten Fremantle in Fremantle when they were hot, Sydney in Sydney from 6 goals down at half time and now accounted for Hawthorn coming off 8 straight, pretenders don't win 3 games(should be 4) in a season, against the teams that have played in the last 2 Grand Finals.

Soft yes but it was true Blaisee. They were 2 games ahead of us and were and are pretty much locked for the 4. We were not. They were coming off a huge win. We were coming off a disappointing defeat having outplayed the ladder toppers.

I have no problem admitting it was a bigger game for us. ladder reality dictated that. Hs comment whlst admittedly a bit of an effort at deflection was still nonetheless true.
They've basically blown top 2 and a clear path to the GF without leaving Melbourne. They had everything to play for. Now it's likely 2 trips to Perth in the finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back