Preview Round 18 Prematch Discussion: Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

We've put Brown and Hudson on the LTI list with no replacements yet. So there are still two spots left for rookie upgrades seeing as Scharenberg has to come off - i.e. counteracting Maxwell

How can Hudson be on the LTI as he is already a Rookie?

How can Hudson be on the LTI as he is already a Rookie?
Hudson was a nominated rookie upgraded to the senior list prior to season commencement.
Hence he is viewed as the 40th senior listed player.
If on LTI, we could replace him I assume.
It's all academic, as we already have enough room to keep Frost plus up grade 2 more rookies.

My view is Elliot and Reid can add the xfactor and fire power that's been missing forward with Reid's flexibility of moving back if required. This will allow the Sack to play swingman so I feel Lumumba should be dropped as he offers less than Young. Keep Langdon in as he is the future and needs game time and bring back Keefe for some height protection.

The middle is our biggest problem so it is essential IMO that both Martin & Broomhead get full games. Martin is finding plenty of ball in the two's so needs a crack at AFL to show he is capable of similar numbers. We are so undermanned in the centre that it can't hurt. I don't think this is a game for Caff to play solely as a mid so would need to carry on with a shut down role on either Rodney or Sloan (toss of a coin). If we don't bolster the centre we will get smashed against the crows so this is number one area for me that needs to be addressed.

Having said that when Elliot went out we imported a defender. When we need tall defenders we went in undersized so f..k knows how the selectors determine a games needs.

I call it Bucks Opposite Rule of Notion.

This is what happens when you decide to schedule 4.40 twilight games.

Last Saturday, with only two games on, they went for 4.40 and 7.40. Yesterday they scheduled 1.10 and 4.40. Next Saturday there is 4.40 and 7.40 again, and then on Sunday, with only ONE game on, they also put it at 4.40.

Just confirms TV ratings mean more than crowd figures. For the love of God, what's wrong with Saturday/Sunday at 2.10? :mad:

Could we use Caff as defensive forward and throw Goldy down back to help match up on their tall forwards?
Maybe even match him on Dangerfield when he is in their forward line.
Caff used to be a good forward with a pretty reliable kick for goals.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just had a look at the Adelaide injury list. They have next to no injuries. Would love to look at our injury list and see something like that.

Ins: Keeffe, Reid, Fasolo, Grundy
Outs: Goldsack, Thomas, Swan, White

Will be very interested in to see how we respond! I still stand by that Essendon loss is the worst performance by a Collingwood side in 9 years when we lost by 110pts to Adelaide in Adelaide. Skills were so bad, marking was shocking and we gave up. Against freo we were just out played but the players I thought were still trying.

My nan who is 82 said to me today that was the worst Collingwood performance she has seen in 20 years

Hopefully we make it as hostile for Adelaide and try to get 50,000 Collingwood fans to the game to try and lift our boys as we need as much support as we can get

Will be very interested in to see how we respond! I still stand by that Essendon loss is the worst performance by a Collingwood side in 9 years when we lost by 110pts to Adelaide in Adelaide. Skills were so bad, marking was shocking and we gave up. Against freo we were just out played but the players I thought were still trying.

My nan who is 82 said to me today that was the worst Collingwood performance she has seen in 20 years

Brisbane in 07 was worse :(

Out: Maxy, Swan, Adams, Blair, Lumumba
In: Keeffe, Kmart, Elliott, Reid, Broomhead

Time to start actually holding players accountable for continually poor performances and address one of the main issues of this side which is disposal efficiency and decision making. Time to reward the guys who have worked hard in the VFL to earn a spot, this team isn't good enough to carry the likes of Blair. After kicking just 5 goals last round it's time to bring in the artillery with Reid and Elliott, give Ken Bennedy a full game and Broomhead to offer us dash as sub. Let's start to look to the guys who will take us to our next flag rather than those who are just riding on the back of the last one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back