Richmond 6, Crows 1

5-9
Richmond 8, Crows 5

1-4
Richmond 15, Crows 13

Richmond 7, Crows 8

Total Goals
Richmond 201, Crows 220

* Tex and Jenkins on 39 and 29 respectively.

Even though this is a bit of a dodgy metric because I didn't look at games played or average goals per game, I think it shows a few things:

- We desperately need some players to step into those 30+, 40+ goals for the year positions. With that said, if Ty and Griff had played every game they'd be somewhere between 20 and 30 each. We've seen what continuity can do regarding our backline, it would be nice to see what would happen if our front 6 got more than one game at a time.

- Even though the crows have 5 players who have kicked their fair share, they seem to be very reliant on those five. Those five are Betts, Walker, Cameron, Lynch and Jenkins. I don't think it's realistic to shut down all five but you'd want to mainly focus on Betts and Tex, those are the two that can kick bags, the others just consistently chip in with 1 or 2, occasionally 3. Danger has 17 for the year but we know he is also capable of kicking a bag.

- I was about to write we are overly reliant on Jack but really I think our forward line just hasn't got a good run at it; with some consistency of the personnel it'd function much better. However, the same logic applies to us that I just applied to them; if the crows/Talia really do a number on Jack we will really struggle and likely lose.

Prediction: If we can shut down Danger, Betts, and Walker then I can't seem them kicking a winning score. I think we will be able to limit at least 2 out of 3 of those key players (Danger and Tex), so I think us by 26.

5 - 14
Richmond 14, Crows 6

I like these figures. We are really unpredictable which is very dangerous.

5 - 14
Richmond 14, Crows 6

I like these figures. We are really unpredictable which is very dangerous.

You're right, I like it as well. We have so many players that average about .7 goals per game, if few of them just bump it up and then we get some continuity into our talls, whoever they end up being, we'll be nearly sorted. Still think we need to add someone from the outside though, i.e. Motlop.

Hmmm ok I expect us to pressure the opp enough to force them to cough it up to (at the worst) our backline, who will move it out through our usual avenues and hand it over to our midfield who will keep it in control until we find a path to deliver it to our forwards advantage and they will be classy enough to take that advantage and get a score on the board.
We will rinse and repeat this enough to win the game, if the opp get a run on we will just slow it down enough to suit our style and get the game back on our terms.

Simple?

In McBean
Out Lloyd

We'd better not let off this game - could be a danger game after putting it all in last week. If we can smash some teams coming home, and win all of them, then top 4 beckons. I'm not worried by a trip to Perth. Reckon that could set us up for a week off and a home game on the second last week. But, that requires the team to be mature and play full on every week from here on in.

I just did a comparison because I'd assumed to get those big average scores you'd need a big spread but:

Hawks have
1 40+
2 30+
2 20+

Their top five goal kickers have 149 between them and a pretty sharp drop thereafter.

Weagles have
1 50+
1 30+
2 20+

Their top four have 142 between them and a slightly smoother drop thereafter.

Our top eight have 144 goals between them.

I don't think we need a spread of goal kickers beyond what we have now. We just need to settle on our forward line. 50 from Jack, 30 odd from Ty, 30 odd from Griff/McBean, then Lids and and the mids chipping in. Throw in a Motlop type and if footy were played at the top of the Faraway Tree Knights and I'm Big Kev.

Regarding this week I'm going to completely contradict the point I just made and hope that we flick the Bean in. I don't think McBean is ready for finals so he certainly wouldn't be providing continuity in our forward line. Butt * it, I like the boy and I want him in. I read on here that he's kicked 93 goals in the past month playing 80 per cent ruck.

Out: Lloyd
In: McBean

50-50 game for mine. Adelaide's season lives or dies on the national stage friday night and with only Jaensch missing from their best 22 they will be a determined and attacking opposition to contain on their home deck.
I'll take the 4 points and no injures.

They don't have a great team. A lot of raw youngsters. We should be too strong.

50-50 game for mine. Adelaide's season lives or dies on the national stage friday night and with only Jaensch missing from their best 22 they will be a determined and attacking opposition to contain on their home deck.
I'll take the 4 points and no injures.

Douglas is out as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone will make way for Hampson if he's good to go, maybe Lloyd or Newman, the other to start sub

No I don't think we need the hammer. Why swap a small for a tall lumberer who can't kick? Newman was good on Friday so he stays in. If titch is good to go then lloyd makes way. Pretty clear cut IMO. Maric will mix it with jacobs no probs.

or we just have a bunch of blokes that inconsistently hit the scoreboard.

or we have a bunch of blokes that are just on and off the park alot

Maybe, but given that we are winning more than losing with reasonably low scores I'm taking the positive approach.

I hope we don't defeat them by a lot for strategic reasons. Just defeat them enough so that they can keep their hopes of playing finals alive and beat West Coast later on ;)

If West Coast are defeated by Hawthorn and Fremantle, they will need to lose only one more game to miss the top 4 PROVIDED that we win all of our games (and Bulldogs don't of course), and the Adelaide game could be the one for us. So, something like a 1-25 point win should be enough I think

No I don't think we need the hammer. Why swap a small for a tall lumberer who can't kick? Newman was good on Friday so he stays in. If titch is good to go then lloyd makes way. Pretty clear cut IMO. Maric will mix it with jacobs no probs.
Titch isn't ready and McBean won't be selected
They want another tall, which will be Hampson

Someone will make way for Hampson if he's good to go, maybe Lloyd or Newman, the other to start sub

Someone should make way for McBean not Hampson as Vickery is more than capable of backing up ruck. 14 goals or so in last 3 weeks. Hampson offers nothing forward. Maric offers very little forward too, don't let that one game of 2 goals confuse you. Won't be a consistent threat up there. That combo won't work but expecting us to play it regardless.

Someone should make way for McBean not Hampson as Vickery is more than capable of backing up ruck. 14 goals or so in last 3 weeks. Hampson offers nothing forward. Maric offers very little forward too, don't let that one game of 2 goals confuse you. Won't be a consistent threat up there. That combo won't work but expecting us to play it regardless.
I agree but it won't happen, Hampson will play this week

Crows as an entire club have had a few big weeks emotionally actually , maybe all starting to catch up with them. Must be very very hard to deal with losing the coach of a club in any circumstances suddenly let alone being murdered etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back