Autopsy Round 18: Richmond vs Hawthorn @ MCG - Changes for Adelaide

Vote for your top 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL website:

5. Hawthorn won't want to meet Richmond in a final. The Hawks were off their game on Friday night, and they were probably due for a down night after eight wins on the trot. But Richmond's win over the reigning premiers was the Tigers' third victory over the Hawks in the clubs' past four meetings, and there was no luck about it. Damien Hardwick said after the game that the Hawks were one of those teams the Tigers just match up well against, but there is more to it than that.

After the siren: Mighty versatile Tigers are mighty dangerous

The Tigers were clever in shutting down the Hawks' spread, quick in their ball movement, and afforded as little easy possession as they could to their opponents. It has been a long time since the Tigers were considered legitimate contenders for the premiership, but with wins against the Hawks, Fremantle (at Domain Stadium) and the Sydney Swans (SCG) under the belt, they deserve to be in the conversation. - Callum Twomey

Agree. Just sayin'.
Hodge is a campaigner, no doubt. But he will get away with it. Some do. Some don't.
When it happened I thought it was Cyril as he also had hold of him, I booed him and felt guilty. Then looking at the replay it was Hodges fist that slipped through.

When it happened I thought it was Cyril as he also had hold of him, I booed him and felt guilty. Then looking at the replay it was Hodges fist that slipped through.
Yeah, it was a sneaky backfist. Cyril set him up. Hodge knew where he was, looked as if he was going away from the scene and flicked his hand back.

AFL website:

5. Hawthorn won't want to meet Richmond in a final. The Hawks were off their game on Friday night, and they were probably due for a down night after eight wins on the trot. But Richmond's win over the reigning premiers was the Tigers' third victory over the Hawks in the clubs' past four meetings, and there was no luck about it. Damien Hardwick said after the game that the Hawks were one of those teams the Tigers just match up well against, but there is more to it than that.

After the siren: Mighty versatile Tigers are mighty dangerous

The Tigers were clever in shutting down the Hawks' spread, quick in their ball movement, and afforded as little easy possession as they could to their opponents. It has been a long time since the Tigers were considered legitimate contenders for the premiership, but with wins against the Hawks, Fremantle (at Domain Stadium) and the Sydney Swans (SCG) under the belt, they deserve to be in the conversation. - Callum Twomey

It makes me a little bit excited (if you know what i mean) that we're actually taken seriously these days. Been a long time coming (like really really long).

Its funny, so many used to pan Rancey out for his disposal and his deer in the headlights behaviour (and if you don't remember, you're talking BS).

I'm going to stick up for Vickery here. He competed at alot of contests to bring the ball to ground. He kicked a goal when we needed it. He was physical around the ground, but all you guys remember is his last stuff up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lloyd out for Titch. Lennon to the sub.
If we win this week we can make the top 4.
It will be hard to make it if we loose.

I have really been impressed with Lennon over the last couple of weeks and is having an impact whenever he touches the ball so I would rather give the vest to someone else.

I kept off this thread till now. Did not want to risk posting emotional gushing frapping posts about how great a win this was. Now its Monday the feeling has not changed :p Great bloody by our boys! Lennon, Lambert and Mcintosh have a future. Our back 6 are elite, our midfield runs both way, we just need to make sure we kick more goals then points, when we do that, I seriously believe we will win the flag.

oh forgot to mention, how good was Newman. I know its his last year but boy he did some special things when we needed him.

Norf at Etihad worries me.
I think we would have them covered at the G.

This week vs Adelaide is huge.
If we win, we can defiantley get into the 4.
I'm quietly confident against Adelaide for some reason , these next few weeks are weird because it's filled with teams we should beat but the teams themselves are bogey teams for us in years gone past which makes you worry a bit but I have no doubt our best will smash all of them

Does anyone find it weird how this season we seem to play on a level that matches the opposition we are playing against? Eg; Carlton not as good , a bit sloppy
Hawthorn full crazy and mental finals like performance

Back