Game Day Round 18 v Gold Coast @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Sharrod Wellingham. A man of wonder, trampoline sense, man bun and a brilliant sponsor with enough love to rival that of Dark Sharks love for Yeo. A man who against all odds fought the haters and won back the hearts of all on the BigFooty West Coast Board. A man who would not hesitate to climb into a burning building to save 17 children and their dogs or to swim to the aid of Mick Fanning. A hero we need and deserve.
not today.png
Not today

Anyway, enough of Sharrod’s heroics for one day (something I never thought I would say), we have a game this weekend!

To be fair, we are currently playing the football that everyone hoped and dreamed we would when Simmo came across at the end of 2013 and this week we get a chance to beat up on an injured Gold Coast who are currently cowering in the corner and one can’t help but feel bad for them. However, given that we are one game from top spot and Australia’s lord and savior Nat Fyfe isn’t playing this week, the game against Gold Coast is an imperative win.

Last week, West Coast were the villains of the AFL once again and given that we now have a massive thread dedicated to the farce that has come of the aftermath, I won’t dwell on that specific issue.

We are flying high! Not in the traditional Ben Cousins sense, but we are up there none the less. With wins over Richmond, Collingwood and Sydney the last few weeks, everyone is kind of starting to believe that finally we are no longer absolute trash and can now challenge. Against the Swans, we won in every stat apart from free kicks (but West Coast get all the free kicks and the umpires luv them right?!) as illustrated by this table I stole from the AFL website because I’m too much of a lazy campaigner to make my own.

stat.png
Simpson eh?

Teams:
Are not currently out but my best guess if Schofield (proppy calf) and Hill (proppy shoulder) don’t play and apart from Ablett being out I really don’t have much of a knowledge of Gold Coasts individual player forms so you’ll just have to use your imaginations.

West Coast

IN: Butler, Newman
OUT: Schofield, Hill

B: Butler, Hurn, Sheppard
HB:Rosa, Barrass, Wellingham
C: Gaff, Priddis, Masten
HF: LeCras, Darling, Hutchings
F: Cripps, Kennedy, Sinclair
R: Naitanui, Shuey, Yeo
I: Sheed, Ellis, Selwood
S: Newman

otf8o.gif

Gold Coast's season summed up in one Simpsons gif

Prediction: West Coast by 1 Kane Lucas

Disclaimer: This preview was better but then my dog ate it

JK's reaction to the matchup this week
128911.jpg

Third quarter on Sunday we dropped intensity alarmingly.
What worries me is that we don't play with intensity this week at cop an unexpected loss.

All I can say to that worry is...........BOO

Kennedy needs a big game.

His past few weeks since Darlings return have been the furthest thing from dominant IMO.

Scrapped his way to 3 goals which is no small feat, but his accuracy has dropped off and so has his marking.
Doesn't need a big game, but is certainly due a big game.
Should win the Coleman comfortably even if he keeps up his 2-3 a game :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice one.

I see Suns are getting Martin, Saad and Nicholls back into the team.
Probably one of their stronger line-ups for the year, albeit without their best 4 mids still.

Don't see this being another 90 point win, hopefully our players are sharp, win the midfield battle, win the game.

Jack Martin kicked 4 (somehow) against us this time last year whilst looking like barely getting out of 1st gear. Need to stop him, Dixon & Lynch from kicking those numbers and we might still win comfortably.
WCE by 57pts.

Jack Martin kicked 4 (somehow) against us this time last year whilst looking like barely getting out of 1st gear. Need to stop him, Dixon & Lynch from kicking those numbers and we might still win comfortably.
WCE by 57pts.

They will have lots of speed and a couple of good tall targets. We will need to be on our game, for this one, I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back