Discussion Round 19, 2015 - Footy Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to argue with that.

That time that West Coast forgot to pack the tri-panels on a trip to Melbourne to play the Bulldogs and consequently wore the royal blue wings jumper would come pretty close. Though that was a one-off error. Similar to Port PBs vs Carlton clash a couple years back.

But Pies vs Blues is a regular, AFL sanctioned matchup, making a mockery of its 'policy'

Yeh agreed- there has been worse on occasions. But this happens EVERY YEAR.

You need to get over this apparent obsession with Essendon and their clash jumper having anything to do with the club, and/or whether their jumper clashes with other jumpers.
Clash jumper exist to sell jumpers. If anything proves that it's the AFL ignoring them for supposed Big 4 games.

Essendon, as one of the biggest sellers of team merchandise are vital to the AFL's revenue plans.
A White jumper will not sell to the Essendon supporter base.
So it won't get proposed and it won't get approved at an AFL level.
(The AFL being the owners of the various uniform designs)
Quite simply, what the AFL have proven is that they care more for the revenue from jumper sales than they do for the resolution of jumper clashes through designs that will actually resolve a clash.

Do you need me to post the Lime jumper again?
When it becomes a real jumper, you'll know the AFL are more interested in resolving clashing jumper issues than they are with cash.
Wow all I said was that if Essendon had a white jumper it'd be much better than any other colour they have in the pallette, and made a joke about those who cry "constitution" every time the bombers do anything with their jumper :)

Shame that the game of the round will involve the ugliest guernsey matchup :(
42161-hawthorn-hawks-2015-mens-clash-guernsey-2000.jpg

7603001-4036901c-c0ea-4b20-b35b-cc1069fdce4b.jpg

Each jumper uses different recurring *how not to design a jumper* rules
-Hawks- When in doubt, add silver, "Fancy" faded gradient
-Eagles- Big cartoon animal head, the more colours the better

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2015-08-04/schulzs-wardrobe-malfunction
The Power's usual home guernsey has EnergyAustralia sponsorship on the front, and Renault beneath the rear number.

Schulz's black away strip - which has the sponsors reversed - was instead brought along for the St Kilda clash.

Fortunately for Schulz, he kicked two goals in the erroneous jumper, affording both sponsors plenty of attention on the telly.

At least he didn't pack his white clash jumper for the weekend...

#fjgdnews

Wow all I said was that if Essendon had a white jumper it'd be much better than any other colour they have in the pallette, and made a joke about those who cry "constitution" every time the bombers do anything with their jumper :)
Yeah, I know. My apologies.

PS It won't happen though.

I wish. The only way we'll see that match up is a final in Melbourne, with WC winning the short coin toss.

But that IS what they should be wearing this weekend at Subi. 99% of fans agree.

You can't tell me they still wouldn't chuck Hawks in home colours and West Coast in white shorts. It'll happen in the GF this year, you watch, if it's Freo vs Hawks and Freo are the tope team, Freo will still get told to wear white shorts or clash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't tell me they still wouldn't chuck Hawks in home colours and West Coast in white shorts. It'll happen in the GF this year, you watch, if it's Freo vs Hawks and Freo are the tope team, Freo will still get told to wear white shorts or clash.

In 2013 Fremantle were given the option and chose to wear the White instead of the Purple.

You know, if teams actually produced away/clash jumpers that they could wear with pride and the majority of their fans liked, the issue of which jumper is worn during the finals would be a moot point.

Shame that the game of the round will involve the ugliest guernsey matchup :(
42161-hawthorn-hawks-2015-mens-clash-guernsey-2000.jpg

7603001-4036901c-c0ea-4b20-b35b-cc1069fdce4b.jpg

Each jumper uses different recurring *how not to design a jumper* rules
-Hawks- When in doubt, add silver, "Fancy" faded gradient
-Eagles- Big cartoon animal head, the more colours the better
Can we start calling that Guernsey diamond mk II yet ?

i'm not fully convinced that the inspiredbyamoderngraphic.wordpress.com guernsey will provide sufficient contrast against the tri-panel

i suppose if worst comes to worst, the afl can force the eagles to wear full royal if they do end up hosting us in a final

In 2013 Fremantle were given the option and chose to wear the White instead of the Purple.

I know this and I respect their choice.

But flip the scenario. Freo finish top et al, win all finals to male the GF and play you guys. Who wears the white shorts or clash jumper? Not Hawthorn.

Your argument is comparable to horse excrement Heardy. Since when were Hawthorn protected by the AFL in regard to matchday strips?

Evidently you were a mere sperm cell when Hawthorn were relevant pre-Clarko; it's pure coincidence that we've worn our home guernsey/home shorts combination in the 4 GF's we've participated in during his tenure (which I presume you've loosely paid attention to).

- in 2008, our opponent was Geelong who pretty much never wear navy shorts in Finals matches. W/ them in white shorts and us in brown, it made for the most visually appealing matchup possible.

- in 2012 we were the home team

- in 2013 we were the home team and it was up to Fremantle to supply sufficient contrast to the matchup.

- in 2014 we were the away team, but against Sydney.... a full home strip affair was the best option for the AFL.

Before our demolition of Syd, the last time we were listed as the away team in a finals match was in the 2010 Elimination final (6v7) against Freo at Subiaco.

Guess which colour shorts we wore. HINT: not brown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back