Round 19 Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

If you judge all our players on the Saints game then none of them are up to it. I would've understood the club dropping him for the Geelong, Hawthorn and Port games. But dropping him when we're playing Carlton is a bit stange, especially given how long them waited to play him.

Most likely playing it safe and fielding best available team from here onwards.
And I suspect the 2 games is for Mora to get a feel of afl intensity so he can bring his fitness level up a notch in peels.

Next question is who starts as the sub for us? I would like to say MDB however I really want him to take Kade Simpson. I would go with Suban this week.
Yarran has been very good this year also. Either one of those would be a handy choice.

Can't argue with any of those changes, apart from saying maybe Sylvia was in the team one week too long.

Disappointing Morra didn't hold a spot, but completely understandable. Huge talent, hasn't lost any skill - but miles off AFL pace at present. If he lifts his running load and trusts his knee a bit more, I could see him returning this year - though I acknowledge that next year is far more likely given Walters is now waiting in the wings.

Still - how bloody great was it to see Morra in the Chevrons at last?? :D:D:D

Hopefully not at the cost of the team though. If he's not up to condition yet... then he'll get there quicker by running out full games of wafl rather than as a sub in the firsts.
True enough, but he wasn't sub last game. He won't build an AFL tank unless he's playing full AFL games, it's that simple.
I don't reckon his performance against the saints indicates that he should keep running as part of the 21.
He was no orphan there. More than half the team doesn't deserve a game this week based on the Saints game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The facts are its round 19 and we are in a fight for a top four spot, no time for special cases. 2015 is the year of Mora.
If there is no room for special cases, then why is Pav in the 22?

Is that a serious question?
You don't think it is? You don't think Pav gets greater leeway than anybody else in the team to drift away from maximum output simply because of who he is? Whether you like it or not, there are special cases.

You don't think it is? You don't think Pav gets greater leeway than anybody else in the team to drift away from maximum output simply because of who he is? Whether you like it or not, there are special cases.

But who would you pick over him?

I get your point but as leungtl mentioned where are the better key forwards to take his place? Mora plays a position where we have plenty of better options. Just completely different circumstances.

True enough, but he wasn't sub last game. He won't build an AFL tank unless he's playing full AFL games, it's that simple.

If his conditioning is a liability (which it looked like it was to me) then the team can't carry him. He looked great in the first quarter of the Saints game... then mostly disappeared. If he's not up to scratch, then he plays WAFL. That's also pretty simple.

When his conditioning looks like he's capable of playing a role in the firsts, then he'll get a run there again. There's a chance we'll see Mora again later in the year, but his best chance is to go back to the WAFL, go batsh*t crazy and run his guts out there... and pick up more conditioning than he currently has. So that if there is an injury, he'll be in prime form to step up again if we need him.

He was no orphan there. More than half the team doesn't deserve a game this week based on the Saints game.

True. But four needed to be cut to bring the four the match committee wanted into the team. Griff and Tabs were obvious. Sylvia and Mora were probably the next two poorest performed on the day, and neither really had the credits in the bank. Four touches in a full game is a problem for a flanker/mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back