Round 19 Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Call me crazy, but I like the result over the weekend. I've already spent 1500 bucks on flights and accommodation for the grand final, and now it feels like I'm really living - which is how you are meant to feel when you support the Dockers. The truth is, the Fremantle Dockers play with the kind of verve that attracts risk takers. Otherwise, years ago, we would have all started barracking for that luke-warm, hipster, leafy-suburb bunch of posers up the road.

Call me crazy, but I like the result over the weekend. I've already spent 1500 bucks on flights and accommodation for the grand final, and now it feels like I'm really living - which is how you are meant to feel when you support the Dockers. The truth is, the Fremantle Dockers play with the kind of verve that attracts risk takers. Otherwise, years ago, we would have all started barracking for that luke-warm, hipster, leafy-suburb bunch of posers up the road.

You crazy.

In: Walters,hill,sandi and SNOS

Out:maca(still seems less than 100% fit),Sylvia,griffo and tabs.

RTB said Sonny not ready yet, otherwise i'm in agreeance unless Ibbo is also fit to go.

IN - Hill, Sandi, Silvagni, Ibbo
OUT - Griffin, Sylvia, Luke Mac, Tabs

If Luke is fit then he stays in.

Agreed - this is something many posters aren't bold enough to state. He's incredibly athletic but the level of softness he's displaying at the moment is what contributed to us losing the 2012 semi-final against Adelaide (instead of fielding Lord Bradley). I'd much rather see Mammoth get a run or even invest in Griffin (he will improve greatly in the long-term).

Im bold enough to say you have zero idea what you are talking about. If you think Griffin is even close to the player he was in 2013 then I recommend you re-watch the first half again. His form at WAFL level has also being very disappointing (I saw him play the week before and he dropped about ten marks playing for Peel. His touch for Peel has been terrible as a whole) Clarke is deadest miles ahead of him at the moment. Hannath's form at WAFl level has been appalling and he is a near certainty to get dropped off the list at the end of the year. Clarke has also been more effective as a forward than either Apeness or Tabs. You are massively off base with your calls to drop him.

I don't understand how some posters seem to target certain players on a consistent basis while others barely get mentioned in the "changes' threads week to week. Spurr, for example has probably had more poor games than any other player who has yet to be dropped in 2014. In the game against St Kilda he had zero touches in the second half and got exposed on the rebound by more than one Saint small forward. He also leads all defenders for clangers, yet is barely mentioned in the changes thread.

Anyway, if it was up (and Walters isn't available) to me I would go: Spurr, Sylvia, Griffin, Tabs for Hill, Sheridan, Balla and Sandy with Mora to play as a sub. If Ibbo is available then he comes in for Sheridan. Selecting Sheridan (if Ibbo is unavailable) would add much needed run to a team who got outworked in its last match.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with the first part of the post sherrif but Spurr HAS been targeted numerous times this year. Has played more good games than bad though and is still our best lockdown small defender, it's all good to suggest he should be dropped but you haven't even included a replacement for him and don't tell me Ibbo could do his job better since Ibbo is an abysmal one on one defender.

Yeah people have been calling for Spurr to get dropped nearly every week this season.

Hope the boys are super hungry when they come up against the Tankers after our terrible effort on the weekend. Looking forward to seeing us coming out and shitmixing these Blues asshats.

Not many teams I hate more.

I don't disagree with the first part of the post sherrif but Spurr HAS been targeted numerous times this year. Has played more good games than bad though and is still our best lockdown small defender, it's all good to suggest he should be dropped but you haven't even included a replacement for him and don't tell me Ibbo could do his job better since Ibbo is an abysmal one on one defender.

Sutcliffe has actually played in a lock down defender better than Spurr this year. Winderlich, Darling, Dahlhaus, Motlop, Green are just some of the players Sutcliffe has shutdown this year. While Spurr has stuggled massively not only against St Kilda, but against Sydney, GWS, North, Port, Hawthorn to name but a few teams. The thing about Spurr is that as a general rule he is not playing on the most dangerous small forward since the port game. He is not playing awfully, but his kicking has been very hot and cold and he has been exposed for pace a number of times this year.

I would also completely disagree that there are many people calling for Spurr's to be dropped in the 'Changes' threads. He gets mentioned very occasionally compared to other players like Suban, D.Pearce and Sutcliffe, yet all three of those players are having significantly more consistent years than Spurr.

Just for the record Id like to also completely disagree that Ibbitson is a terrible one on one defender. In recent years his main role has been to play of his man and intercept the opposition's kicks, he has done this role very well. However, at the start of his career he played a lock down role on a consistent basis and I think if called upon he could play that role again. Ibbo has a significant pace advantage over Spurr and I would much rather Ibbo playing on a quick forward than Spurr.

This week's injury report is not out yet.
I find it ironic that people are saying Macpharlin is underdone and should be dropped/rested and in the same breath wanted Sandiland, Hill and Walters as definite ins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This week's injury report is not out yet.
I find it ironic that people are saying Macpharlin is underdone and should be dropped/rested and in the same breath wanted Sandiland, Hill and Walters as definite ins.

This is no place for reason man!

;)

If we dropped Spurr and brought Sheridan into the team and played Gu at half back we would have significant more run and carry in the team. I know there are the Sheridan is useless posters out there, but we got exposed by our ability to run both offensively and defensively by St Kilda. Bringing in the player who did the best job and breaking the lines for Peel makes sense to me. Gu playing at half back also adds run to our defence, which was exposed by the harder running St Kilda small forwards on Saturday.

Can't believe people are calling for Clarke to be dropped again. He played one of the best games of his career last week. Every time we lose the same scapegoats get brought up. Yes, Clarke isn't as good as Sandilands. But what ruckman is?

Just listened to Ross on 6PR as a yoong said from the sounds of it McPharlin will be good to go. He had a scan on his calf that was clear, appears to just be tightness and the club will condition him up to get some more confidence in his body over the break. No mention of Silvagni.

Ross mentioned the obvious three of Sandilands, Hill and Ballantyne all as ins with a strong chance of Ibbotson. Interestingly he also mentioned Crozier and Sheridan but instead of saying the usual, yeah they were good at Peel, he then went on to say 6 to 4 changes. read in to that what you will but that sounds a fair bit to me like there will be some big calls to come.

For the sake of interest lets play around with McPharlin staying in and 6 changes as per Ross's interview:

IN: Sandilands - Hill - Ballantyne - Ibbotson - Sheridan - Crozier

OUT: ??????

I'll get us started

Sandi - Griffin
Mora - Hill
Taberner - Ballantyne
Sylvia - Crozier
Neale/Pearce.D/Barlow? - Sheridan
Johnson?/Spurr? - Ibbo

If he's serious about the 6 changes as it certainly sounded like he was in the interview you wonder who's in the gun.

Listen to all his 6pr interviews. He always mentions players at Peel.

I can't foresee 6 changes unless other injuries pop up I.E. Mzungu etc.

100% 3 ins but likely 4 IMO.

If one of these 3 is dropped for Sheridan I will streak down the Fremantle esplanade with a Henna tattoo of Slicendiced on my arse.

I'd be surprised too, hence my surprise that six changes minus McPharlin were flagged. Barlow was caught out for run but came back strongly in the second half, Pearce forgot how to kick but he's been talked up highly by the coach on more than a few occasions and Neale has got credits in the bank against some weaker opposition. Sheridan's a mid though so if he comes in you'd assume you take out a mid.

I'd be surprised too, hence my surprise that six changes minus McPharlin were flagged. Barlow was caught out for run but came back strongly in the second half, Pearce forgot how to kick but he's been talked up highly by the coach on more than a few occasions and Neale has got credits in the bank against some weaker opposition. Sheridan's a mid though so if he comes in you'd assume you take out a mid.

Aren't you the guy saying Sylvia was going ok? Now you're throwing names like Barlow out there?

Do you even follow or listen properly?

Potentially 6 changes minimum 3 or 4.

Listen to all his 6pr interviews. He always mentions players at Peel.

I can't foresee 6 changes unless other injuries pop up I.E. Mzungu etc.

100% 3 ins but likely 4 IMO.

I really enjoy the back and forth with you Cobbler but I get the feeling that you don't actually read what I write sometimes haha. I listen to his 6PR interviews every week which was why I said:

Interestingly he also mentioned Crozier and Sheridan but instead of saying the usual, yeah they were good at Peel, he then went on to say 6 to 4 changes. read in to that what you will but that sounds a fair bit to me like there will be some big calls to come.

I know he normally says that but there was something about the way he leant early towards six changes before backing off to four. that had me thinking that was a real possibility. Then said could be six but at least four changes. Now that might be a bit of bluster to ruffle some feathers but it was just my take on it and why not drop a name player if you're serious about making a message? The whole game plan and structure fell apart and it wasn't just the fringe players who let that happen.

I had forgotten about Mzungu being under a cloud though so probably Sheridan for him if he doesn't get up would make sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back