Round 19 Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Neale/Pearce.D/Barlow? - Sheridan

If one of these 3 is dropped for Sheridan I will streak down the Fremantle esplanade with a Henna tattoo of Slicendiced on my arse.

You don't even need the safety net of it being only henna - there's absolutely no way that's going to happen.

Plus he does generally mention names if they play well. Not just a there are some pushing up vibe.

100% Sandi, Ballas and Hill barring any further mishap.

One from Ibbo, Sheridan or Crozier

Out: Griffin, Taberner, Sylvia and Morabito.

If McPharlin doesn't get up or if there's another injury then it could be 4+ changes, but I'll back those to be fit after the week off and hence the 4 changes.

Aren't you the guy saying Sylvia was going ok? Now you're throwing names like Barlow out there?

Do you even follow or listen properly?

Potentially 6 changes minimum 3 or 4.

I might say the same to you if you're not going to play nicely.

For the sake of interest lets play around with McPharlin staying in and 6 changes as per Ross's interview:

Was a thought experiment for where everyone thought the axe might fall if 6 were to go. Nothing more. Notice I had questions marks. You reminding me Mzungu was hurt changed the equation quickly with Barlow etc.

Nice one. I'm just having some banter.

I'll have a small wager with you that it will be 4 changes exactly. You can have every other number.

What you say? Just for fun. Loser doesn't post for 1 week?

Well a wager for something I also believe would be rather stupid but hey what the hell as you so graciously gave me every other number and I could do with a spell.

Nice one. I'm just having some banter.

I'll have a small wager with you that it will be 4 changes exactly. You can have every other number.

What you say? Just for fun. Loser doesn't post for 1 week?

No, I think the tattooed nudey run through Freo is the go.

RTB says Hill, Ballantyne, Sandilands, Ibbotson will all be available, and Crozier and Sheridan are pushing for selection. No mentions of Walters.

McPharlin had a tight calf, but scan cleared him of any damage.

FREMANTLE:

B: Lee Spurr, Zac Dawson, Paul Duffield
HB: Ibbotson, Luke McPharlin, Michael Johnson
C: Tendai Mzungu, Ryan Crowley,HillHF: Chris Mayne, Matthew Pavlich,Danyle PearceF: Ballas, Zac Clarke, Nat FyfeFOLL: Sandilands,David Mundy, Nick Suban
I/C: Michael Barlow, Lachie Neale, Cameron Sutcliffe, Anthony Morabito
EMG: Tommy Sheridan, Hayden Crozier,Matt de Boer

Out: Sylvia, Matt Taberner,Jonathon Griffin, Matt de Boer

No mention of Walters on 6PR, so I am guessing he is not available. I am very happy with this team, can not see a weak link.

Im bold enough to say you have zero idea what you are talking about. If you think Griffin is even close to the player he was in 2013 then I recommend you re-watch the first half again. His form at WAFL level has also being very disappointing (I saw him play the week before and he dropped about ten marks playing for Peel. His touch for Peel has been terrible as a whole) Clarke is deadest miles ahead of him at the moment. Hannath's form at WAFl level has been appalling and he is a near certainty to get dropped off the list at the end of the year. Clarke has also been more effective as a forward than either Apeness or Tabs. You are massively off base with your calls to drop him.

I don't understand how some posters seem to target certain players on a consistent basis while others barely get mentioned in the "changes' threads week to week. Spurr, for example has probably had more poor games than any other player who has yet to be dropped in 2014. In the game against St Kilda he had zero touches in the second half and got exposed on the rebound by more than one Saint small forward. He also leads all defenders for clangers, yet is barely mentioned in the changes thread.

Anyway, if it was up (and Walters isn't available) to me I would go: Spurr, Sylvia, Griffin, Tabs for Hill, Sheridan, Balla and Sandy with Mora to play as a sub. If Ibbo is available then he comes in for Sheridan. Selecting Sheridan (if Ibbo is unavailable) would add much needed run to a team who got outworked in its last match.

If you're trying to bait me into a mudslinging contest I've got no interest. We've all got the right to our opinions; I don't jump on the despicable bandwagoning hate of some other players on this board like Pearce and Sylvia. If you've read a number of my other posts you'll see I rarely targest specific players; I think Clarke is incredibly gifted but hasn't put in the volumes of effort he did last year and it's costing us.

RTB says Hill, Ballantyne, Sandilands, Ibbotson will all be available, and Crozier and Sheridan are pushing for selection. No mentions of Walters.

Out: Sylvia, Matt Taberner,Jonathon Griffin, Matt de Boer

Agree along the lines of this! Except de Boer probably played better than most and IMO doesn't deserve to be dropped...So who comes out.....likely Morabito? I love the guy to bits but he didn't take his opportunity and think de Boer showed more in that game. de Boer has twice as many disposals and impact in 1.5 quarters than mora did in 4. Sheridan/Crozier also make great subs :)

The selection table will be interesting…Not looking forward to a fortnight of waiting...not liking split rounds.

Im bold enough to say you have zero idea what you are talking about. If you think Griffin is even close to the player he was in 2013 then I recommend you re-watch the first half again. His form at WAFL level has also being very disappointing (I saw him play the week before and he dropped about ten marks playing for Peel. His touch for Peel has been terrible as a whole) Clarke is deadest miles ahead of him at the moment. Hannath's form at WAFl level has been appalling and he is a near certainty to get dropped off the list at the end of the year. Clarke has also been more effective as a forward than either Apeness or Tabs. You are massively off base with your calls to drop him.

I don't understand how some posters seem to target certain players on a consistent basis while others barely get mentioned in the "changes' threads week to week. Spurr, for example has probably had more poor games than any other player who has yet to be dropped in 2014. In the game against St Kilda he had zero touches in the second half and got exposed on the rebound by more than one Saint small forward. He also leads all defenders for clangers, yet is barely mentioned in the changes thread.

Anyway, if it was up (and Walters isn't available) to me I would go: Spurr, Sylvia, Griffin, Tabs for Hill, Sheridan, Balla and Sandy with Mora to play as a sub. If Ibbo is available then he comes in for Sheridan. Selecting Sheridan (if Ibbo is unavailable) would add much needed run to a team who got outworked in its last match.

If you're trying to bait me into a mudsling contest I've got no interest. We've all got the right to our opinions and many of us have extreme ones. If you've looked at some of my other posts you'll see I rarely target specific players as
Just listened to Ross on 6PR as a yoong said from the sounds of it McPharlin will be good to go. He had a scan on his calf that was clear, appears to just be tightness and the club will condition him up to get some more confidence in his body over the break. No mention of Silvagni.

Ross mentioned the obvious three of Sandilands, Hill and Ballantyne all as ins with a strong chance of Ibbotson. Interestingly he also mentioned Crozier and Sheridan but instead of saying the usual, yeah they were good at Peel, he then went on to say 6 to 4 changes. read in to that what you will but that sounds a fair bit to me like there will be some big calls to come.

For the sake of interest lets play around with McPharlin staying in and 6 changes as per Ross's interview:

IN: Sandilands - Hill - Ballantyne - Ibbotson - Sheridan - Crozier

OUT: ??????

I'll get us started

Sandi - Griffin
Mora - Hill
Taberner - Ballantyne
Sylvia - Crozier
Neale/Pearce.D/Barlow? - Sheridan
Johnson?/Spurr? - Ibbo

If he's serious about the 6 changes as it certainly sounded like he was in the interview you wonder who's in the gun.

I heard that as well - he often talks about players performing in Peel but this time he actually mentioned 4-6 changes (something I've never heard him say). The man is still ropable, although in the end I think we'll only see 4 changes;

I'm thinking

Sandi - Griffin
Taberner - Ballantyne
Sylvia - Hill
Morabito - Ibbotson

Who the heck would Sheridan and Crozier come in for? I know Neale, Sutcliffe and Suban had average games but they've all played well enough this season to earn reprieves.

Who the heck would Sheridan and Crozier come in for? I know Neale, Sutcliffe and Suban had average games but they've all played well enough this season to earn reprieves.

I'd put the heat on Suban and D Pearce personally. Both have played superbly over the last few weeks but were quite average on the weekend (along with most of the team).....I believe Sheridan and Crozier are like for like. If they were to come in the side and two other players had to be dropped id go with:
Suban - Sheridan
D Pearce - Crozier

Agree along the lines of this! Except de Boer probably played better than most and IMO doesn't deserve to be dropped...So who comes out.....likely Morabito? I love the guy to bits but he didn't take his opportunity and think de Boer showed more in that game. de Boer has twice as many disposals and impact in 1.5 quarters than mora did in 4. Sheridan/Crozier also make great subs :)

The selection table will be interesting…Not looking forward to a fortnight of waiting...not liking split rounds.

I wouldn't judge Morabito too harshly on that 1 game, he looked extremely tired and at one point struggled to get up.

I see him playing as the sub through the finals, and he will be very handy as a line breaker in the 3rd and 4th quarter come finals.

I wouldn't judge Morabito too harshly on that 1 game, he looked extremely tired and at one point struggled to get up.

I see him playing as the sub through the finals, and he will be very handy as a line breaker in the 3rd and 4th quarter come finals.

The (young) man is adjusting to 3 knee-recons, 3 years out of them game (which has vastly changed since he last played); a new coach and almost half a squad he's never played with before or players that have completely changed their game-plan since he last played with them in 2010 (Crowley, Ibbotson, De Boer, Fyfe etc).

It's going to take a mo'fo while. Nest and invest is the name of the game.

I'd put the heat on Suban and D Pearce personally. Both have played superbly over the last few weeks but were quite average on the weekend (along with most of the team).....I believe Sheridan and Crozier are like for like. If they were to come in the side and two other players had to be dropped id go with:
Suban - Sheridan
D Pearce - Crozier

Forgot about D. Pearce - correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he made sub earlier this year (after the Port game maybe); it seemed to work temporarily. In any event I actually feel Subes has been in more consistent form than Pearce lately, and I've never been a huge fan of him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Croz getting another run for Pearce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- MDB if healthy won't come out of the team for the rest of the year
- Sylvia, Morabito are stop gaps until we get our best 22 on the park. Both I believe just don't have the tank yet to sustain the required effort in RTB's system.

IN: Hill, Sandilands, Ballas, Sheridan, Ibbo
OUT: Morabito, Griffin, Sylvia, Suban, Taberner

MDB to take Suban's spot in the midfield for at least the Carlton game.

Agree along the lines of this! Except de Boer probably played better than most and IMO doesn't deserve to be dropped...So who comes out.....likely Morabito? I love the guy to bits but he didn't take his opportunity and think de Boer showed more in that game. de Boer has twice as many disposals and impact in 1.5 quarters than mora did in 4.

Again, I've pointed this out about a dozen times now, but once more for effect:

Morabito played in the forward pocket. De Boer played in the midfield. The ball hardly went in our forward line. Of course De Boer had more disposals.

Morabito played the same role as De Boer the week before and had 15 disposals in less game time than De Boer. Where you play makes a difference.

Considering Barlow won about as much of the ball as Mundy and Neale put together and easily the most contested ball of our mids it might be considered a bit rough if he was dropped this week. Just when you think you've heard it all.

- MDB if healthy won't come out of the team for the rest of the year
- Sylvia, Morabito are stop gaps until we get our best 22 on the park. Both I believe just don't have the tank yet to sustain the required effort in RTB's system.

IN: Hill, Sandilands, Ballas, Sheridan, Ibbo
OUT: Morabito, Griffin, Sylvia, Suban, Taberner

MDB to take Suban's spot in the midfield for at least the Carlton game.

Suban ain't getting dropped, you can take that to the bank.

IN - Hill, Sandi, Ibbo and Ballas
OUT - Griffin, Mora, Sylvia and Tabs

Suban to be the sub as i think DeBoer needs to start cos we really need to have a renewed focus on that defensive pressure inside F50.

DeBoer, Ballas and Mayne to bring the intensity and have a real focus on that defensive pressure when we don't have the pill.

I can't believe the lack of pressure this year. Last year we bought pressure to the levels some had never seen before. How does that change? Against st Kilda there was absolutely no pressure at all. Full stop.

Surely this is one thing that you don't turn on and off

I can't believe the lack of pressure this year. Last year we bought pressure to the levels some had never seen before. How does that change? Against st Kilda there was absolutely no pressure at all. Full stop.

Surely this is one thing that you don't turn on and off

It was mentioned in a different thread that a number of players went into the game with the flu. Assuming it was true, then it all make sense. - (This explains the St Kilda game)

For the rest of the year, the pressure has been pretty good. I think missing Walters, Ballas and de Boer for large chunks of the season has cost us to some extent this year as their replacement have not brought the same defensive pressure.

Considering Barlow won about as much of the ball as Mundy and Neale put together and easily the most contested ball of our mids it might be considered a bit rough if he was dropped this week. Just when you think you've heard it all.

Yeah that's very true and for the record Mick is...well a Freo legend, not much more needs to be said but if we're talking about role, effort and run then his name should be in the hat to be looked at too. He let his man in Savage cut us to ribbons in the first half and it was only when Lyon shifted him in to the middle and moved Fyfe forward that he got in the game later. Was a pretty poor game from him on the defensive spread buuuuutttt you'd think he'd have enough credits to get a gig. As I said A FEW TIMES now guys I'd forgotten Muz was under a cloud after the game so he would be the most likely 6th for Sheridan.

Something else I'd put forward though. If you were playing in the WAFL, had a couple of solid games, played your role etc. wouldn't you be pretty dirty if you DIDN'T get a call up after that sort of performance by the established players? Sort of makes a mockery of the play your way in and out line otherwise doesn't it?

Also everyone is coming out and taking the easy 4 option. The point I raised was who would you drop if you HAD to drop six, if you assume that six are coming in after RTB interview, whether that happens or not...so be fair.

Something else I'd put forward though. If you were playing in the WAFL, had a couple of solid games, played your role etc. wouldn't you be pretty dirty if you DIDN'T get a call up after that sort of performance by the established players? Sort of makes a mockery of the play your way in and out line otherwise doesn't it?

Was just thinking about this as well.
I understand the current rule to be:
If a wafl player do well he will be next in line waiting for a current player to gets injured, suspended or lose form.

We are also pretty practical about dropping players i.e. only when sure the inclusion will improve the team. Once you are in its pretty hard to get dropped and once out need to work really hard to get in.

Problem is players that need an occasional kick in the behind get to stay in the team as there are no better option available in wafl list.

We have Waite 194cm/95kg, Henderson 196cm/95kg and Casboult 199cm/100kg. Also wood might drift forward at times who is 204cm/100kg. So its a bit of a stretch to say we have no big forwards. Can't wait for the game ! feel like Freo are gonna want to redeem them selves in a MASSIVE way .Could be very bad for us!

Casboult is your only true forward. Waite and Henderson both rotate in the forward and backline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back