Opinion Round 19 Changes vs. St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

D.Pearce needs a serious stint in the WAFL, he cannot be allowed to butcher opportunities like he had today.

You're not wrong. Think it's getting to the stage the players aren't passing to him. Saw him "run" past one of our players (forgot who it was ) in our defensive 50 for a handball receive and he was ignored. Isn't the first time.
He lacks positional nous, drive, focus and determination. His one goal a game doesn't make up for his mistakes.

We won't rest anyone while top spot is still up for grabs. If we win the next 2 (especially beating West Coast will virtually guarantee us top spot) then we can rest someone.

Seriously, Danyle frustrates me as much as the next person but you'd really have to think there would be at least 3 or 4 in the firing line before him.

Out Sheridan , Crozier and Dawson suspended .
In Blakley ,Silvagni and Duffield .
Alex down back for Dawson
Alex Pearce to remain up forward Blakley to replace Crozier. He can also play Daniel Pearces role if need be .
Fyfe will get another week off so that he is cherry ripe for the Eagles game

Out Sheridan , Crozier and Dawson suspended .
In Blakley ,Silvagni and Duffield .
Alex down back for Dawson
Alex Pearce to remain up forward Blakley to replace Crozier. He can also play Daniel Pearces role if need be .
Fyfe will get another week off so that he is cherry ripe for the Eagles game

27 touches for Sheridan and you want to drop him? Ok then.

Longer is better in IMO, doesn't do much, they like him but Hickey better option IMO, more mobile and gets the ball more.
I can't see any changes , not Ross style. If Dawson out I'd try smith as to keep Alex forward. Smith no worse than what Dawson shown this year.
Is it a stupid idea to suggest a swap between Taberner and Pearce. Personally I'm not sure it'd work but I do think Taberner would be better in defence than Smith tbh. We can forget about Dawson for the next two weeks. Johnson better be back for the derby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suban didnt hit a target all day

I thought he was good today. Will hold his spot.

Mayne may need a week off due to the foot injury. He would've got a jab to get him through the game but may pull up seedy tomorrow.

Dawson out with suspension too

Is it a stupid idea to suggest a swap between Taberner and Pearce. Personally I'm not sure it'd work but I do think Taberner would be better in defence than Smith tbh. We can forget about Dawson for the next two weeks. Johnson better be back for the derby.

Not IMO, I think smith can defend similar to Dawson, I'll be honest I've lost a bit of faith in Tabbs.

I think Ross still has a bit of leftover guilt about the whole leaving St Kilda thing and we're sitting comfortable on top.

Senior players out for a rest, lesser lights in for another gift win to the Saints.

I thought Sheridan was terrific!

Made a couple of blunders, sure but he has certainly come a long way in 30 odd games. Persistence is the key for him to become a solid consistent player. Bringing him in and out of the team will only hinder his development.

When is this game scheduled? I need to find something else to do. I can't cope with St Kilda games.
Ha ha. Me too. I actually have a Uni workshop when the game is on and normally that would send me spare but I've actually decided I'm relieved. I can't bare to watch us inexplicably forget how to play football again and be embarrassed while the Vic commentators dry hump each other in the box.
As for changes, Dawson out and Fyfe in if he's ready. If not maybe Clancee. Weller stays and will hopefully start. Too much class to leave him on the pine. He's a catalyst with his run and use. We actually got better when he came on :) thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
If it was up to me I'd actually send Dan Pearce back to Peel and play Blakely but that will never happen. Blakely is going to be the second coming of Hasleby. I couldn't get him in fast enough if I had a say in it.

Would love to win this game massively.

Saints have won 6 games. All wins against the bottom 5 sides.

This shouldn't be a danger game but a 4 point banking and 10 goal victory.

Fyfe in a given if fit. Tendai & Weller would be under the most pressure.

Dawson suspended then we may need to go to Tabs and swing AP back again. No way Silvagni gets a look in, one WAFL readies game I think??

Crozier would be one bad game away from some heat but his intent is ok.

I thought Subes & DeBoer did a great job inside replacing Fyfes clearance work but also sandi's ruck work was amazing (against kids granted) so the variety was there.

Blakely will be in the mix again as will Clancee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back