Unofficial Preview Round 19 Early Thoughts: Sydney Swans vs Essendon - SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how we're expected to believe all the girls were so hot back then.

When in reality, they probably smelt funny and had limbs and eyes missing.

(Not that I mind that.)

Viking as imagined:

viking-princess.jpg

Viking reality:

photo-14-15392-20111114135909.jpg

Dons have elevated Steinberg today of the Rookie list , looks like he will debut
At least I got something right on the podcast :p

I really hope the team has worked on their disposal this week, against the Hawks we had some shocking turnovers that cost us the game and alot of them weren't even under that much pressure.

We need to stamp on the pressure at the opening bounce. The Bombers, while they have been pretty good the last month seem to be a confidence side so if we can be a couple of goals in front and dominate most of the possession in the first quarter then their confidence should be down and this particularly involves Carlisle so if we can keep him to 0 goals after the first then that's a big bonus for us.

I think we need McGlynn, Jetta, Rohan or Cunningham to play exclusively in the forward line. I noticed last week that if we kick long to a one on one with either Tippet or Goodes that if they can't mark the ball and it hits the ground the ball get's rebound quicker than you can say "Goodesy lay the ******* tackle". We really need that small crumbing forward that can kick a sneaky 2-3 goals off crumbs.

Totally agree. The bombers will fancy their pressure work of late. Such a confidence side. And theirs is well up right now.

I'm hoping they struggle a little harder to isolate Carlisle at the SCG than they've done at the MCG.

We seemed to get lost in our rotations a bit as the Hawks mids took control, which probably didn't help the crumbing options forward.

Wolftone will be happy to discover that his attempts to get the conversation back on track have resulted in a discussion about the misrepresentation of female vikings in the media.

Still think TBC will play ? , Steinberg just replaces Hibberd yer
It's a small ground so yes, I hope he does because it allows us to occupy both Grundy and Richards. Right now I have a feeling the changes will be:

In T-Bell, Melksham, Steinberg
Out Howlett, J Merrett, Hibberd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny how we're expected to believe all the girls were so hot back then.

When in reality, they probably smelt funny and had limbs and eyes missing.

(Not that I mind that.)

Ah, good old 1014 AD. Talking about missing eyes. I must lay a bet on the Normans v. Saxons in 52 years time

Meanwhile at Thor's stronghold, SBD has drunk one too many brews from the skull of his enemy (the origin of the term 'sculling') and decides to chat up a comely lass....

SBD : 'I wouldn't mind laying my sword between your pillows'
Warrior Princess : 'But I'm far too hot for you'
SBD : 'You have no eye dear'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back