Review Round 19 - GWS Giants vs Essendon Bombers, Sunday August 9th, 3.20pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Better to catch the train with the netball world cup on.
Catch it to lidcombe then take the loop to olympic park.

Good thing about our ground is you get a great view anywhere.
Atmosphere wise probably near the supporter group behind the goals.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
This was great advice. Awesome day.

Hope you had a great time.

We are small but getting bigger by the day

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
The atmosphere at Spotless for such a small crowd is amazing. They just play the drums and sing and cheer from the start of the game to the end. There wasn't even a single negative comment towards the umpires or Essendon players (not even by Bombers supporters).
Might have to get myself a membership next year. Great family club.

This was great advice. Awesome day.

I agree. I took my bro in law today and we moved around a bit.

Spotless is a weird venue in the fact that is you go around the other side you can see all the fans around the cheersquad going nuts but can hardly hear a thing. Can hear a pin drop. Weird how the sound travels around:

Anywhere between members stand - cheer squad is awesome. Bloody hell our cheer-squad do an amazing job

Just done the ladder predictor again, we have to beat either Port or the Swans in addition to Carlton and Melbourne, and increase our % to around 108..
It's possible, but this year it might be a step too far for us. Next year though we should be placed to go deep.

Just done the ladder predictor again, we have to beat either Port or the Swans in addition to Carlton and Melbourne, and increase our % to around 108..
It's possible, but this year it might be a step too far for us. Next year though we should be placed to go deep.

Did you see how the Swans and Port played this week. I would be confident in beating especially the Power, and you guys gave us a run for our money last time, and that was even after kicking goodness knows how many behinds in the first half.

No reason you can't win all the remaining games.

Did you see how the Swans and Port played this week. I would be confident in beating especially the Power, and you guys gave us a run for our money last time, and that was even after kicking goodness knows how many behinds in the first half.

No reason you can't win all the remaining games.

Nope, like I said it's possible, but tbh we played average today ourselves..

Nope, like I said it's possible, but tbh we played average today ourselves..

You played better than Sydney and Port....and your forwards are going to cause Port nightmares. That is the game I expect GWS to win, Swans game will be close, depends how both sides are playing at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll credit that win to Leon. We got sucked in to essendons rubbish game in the first half and allowed them to reduce us to their level. We were a different team after his half time adjustments and got back to playing our own running game. We still need to work the ball into the forward line better though - way too many bomb and hope kicks into the forward 50.

The General didn't look very confident at all on his knee. On at least 2 or 3 occasions he shunned regulation leaps at marks and ran under the ball. Understandable I guess given what he's been through, but I hope he gets over it soon. Was good just to have his presence back there though - another step on the road to full recovery.

Our boys looked so much better when they started up their run and gun game.
At one time in the first quarter I reckon the Bombers had the ball for a full two minutes with 8 kick and marks and they moved the ball 40m. Even Hawthorn have moved on from "keepings off".

A good evening out yesterday. Nice crowd and atmosphere considering the ladder positions.
Around 10k seems to be the sweet spot for a good AFL atmosphere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back