Round 19: Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs - Aurora Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw an elbow to the back of the head after the mark and he was lying on the ground. No need for that
Umpire paid the 50 for dragging him down. Which was in the marking contest. While Austin was in the process of falling on his arse.

Umpire paid the 50 for dragging him down. Which was in the marking contest. While Austin was in the process of falling on his arse.

Mark or free kick, the elbow was well after the event and not part of any contest

Sorry - just re-read you post. The 50 was for an elbow

Mark or free kick, the elbow was well after the event and not part of any contest
I didn't see an elbow, and apparently neither did the commentators. Or anyone else in this thread. And it had nothing to do with the 50m penalty, which is what we were talking about.

I didn't see an elbow, and apparently neither did the commentators. Or anyone else in this thread. And it had nothing to do with the 50m penalty, which is what we were talking about.

Are we talking about the same event? Hales 50 metre penalty?

If so, he marked the ball (or was given a free for being dragged down according to you).
While he was on the ground a Dogs player fell on top of him leading with his elbow

Are we talking about the same event? Hales 50 metre penalty?

If so, he marked the ball (or was given a free for being dragged down according to you).
While he was on the ground a Dogs player fell on top of him leading with his elbow
50 was for dragging into the ground after the mark by the way the umpire was explaining it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was listening to Luke Darcy at Triple M doing play by play and was terrible a year or so back. Voice cracks, couldn't keep up with the play and had no emotion.
Was actually pretty good here though.

Shame we got smashed but there was good to take out of it outside of the first 10 mins and last quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back