Round 19: Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs - Aurora Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

At some point I wondered why there was somebody muttering to himself during the telecast and then I realised that was Luke Darcy's attempt at play by play commentary.

'Ooh, next goal is important here'
'It's a good kick, it's a great kick! Just fades away at the last second'
'Big Boy'

And so forth. Wish the commentators could be muted so I can just listen to the crowd. Morons!

Hawks deserved to win. Composure, more class and hardness around the ground, a big forward target (not a ruckman resting forward) and understanding of how to bloody kick the ball between the big sticks was telling...

Not desperately unhappy, although a few individuals need a rocket lit under them. We had periods of sustained pressure and good ball movement, but let ourselves down through execution. We needed to take every chance, not kick 0.3 and 2 OOB in the second quarter (or whatever it ended up being...).

Onto next week...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clear flag favourites.

Hawthorns flag to lose now.

oh noes...

subtle psychological warfare

scanning for intent

oh noes...

is it reverse pychology, or reverse-reverse psychology?

so clever...must...stop...and...think....it's internet...Kryptonite....struggling... to... think...clearly...under... weight... of...clever... internet... psych-out

danger danger

oh noes...

subtle psychological warfare

scanning for intent

oh noes...

is it reverse pychology, or reverse-reverse psychology?

so clever...must...stop...and...think....it's internet...Kryptonite....struggling... to... think...clearly...under... weight... of...clever... internet... psych-out

danger danger
Haha! Spot the Psych teacher!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back