Round 19 - Sydney vs Essendon @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I disagree, they played a really good quarter against Carlton and went from 7 points in front to 71, the rest of the match was even, they played a really good quarter against Essendon and were 26 points in front and the rest was even. The match against carlton was only two games ago and they lost the following week, there form is what it is.
Buddy did all the damage against Carlton ..he wasn't out there tonight ...lucky for you ;)

21-10 to the hawks in the 2012 grand final, anything that?
Plenty. That was payback for the AFL gifting the Swans the extra day's break, which we were supposed to get. Which turned out to be pivotal.

So, back to the original question, relating to the last 2 weeks, not a free kick count from almost 2 years ago....

Plenty. That was payback for the AFL gifting the Swans the extra day's break, which we were supposed to get. Which turned out to be pivotal.

So, back to the original question, relating to the last 2 weeks, not a free kick count from almost 2 years ago....

images

Last week is still smarting I see, excellent!

what? we played rubbish you deserved to win i don't begrudge your team for out performing mine.

you'll understand when your older. in the mean time keep clinging to your conspiracy theories, I mean here you are claiming my team was stitched up the umpires in 2012 in an effort to repay hawthorn because they didn't get the extra days break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously. Just take off the rose coloured glasses and accept you get a free ride, week in week out.

Essendon came at your club tonight after playing horrible footy and were that match played anywhere in Australia but Sydney it would have been a nailbiter to the final minutes.

But, as usual, Goodes takes a dive and gets them home. Add to that the number of times Sydney players duck their heads and go looking for the umpire.

You have the most disgusting football club in the land and are the laughing stock of the rest of the competition. And this even with all that's happening with Essendon. Why? Because you get a free ride, and then look at the rest of us and want respect.

Sydney are a joke. Nothing less than. I'll take a loss when it comes round, but not like that. Not when it's sold before the first whistle has even blown. That's simply corruption. And if you disagree, why don't you read the comments from others in the thread, including Carlton supporters, about how they reckon the umpires went tonight.

Last Essendon game I will watch vs the Swans in Sydney. Pointless, just spoils a good spectacle.

Hooley dooley, knackers.

I sincerely hope you've been on the piss...

Our forward line was thrown out of whack without Buddy and our clearance work was deplorable, but Essendon handed that victory to us with their turnovers and their own lack of forward potency. Was a top four team below their best vs a top eight team below their best. Buddy was missed tonight, but Hanners was missed more I think, need him back asap.

Our forward line was thrown out of whack without Buddy and our clearance work was deplorable, but Essendon handed that victory to us with their turnovers and their own lack of forward potency. Was a top four team below their best vs a top eight team below their best. Buddy was missed tonight, but Hanners was missed more I think, need him back asap.
Yeah, he's been missed, no doubt about it. At least he'll be sharp and fit when the finals come around.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Great post. Actual analysis.
Question: is it a case of shut down Carlisle, shut down Essendon at the moment?
Assuming we don't out-Richmond ourselves tomorrow in 1 week we'll be playing to draw within a game of the Bombers. Massive.
Who do you least want to see go to Carlisle? Rance?
Not really, without those basic errors we come within 4 points with Carlisle down. The key for me is Hocking vs Cotchin. If Buddha shuts Cotchin down Essendon will get on top of Richmond inside because other than him, Martin and Miles there isn't much to write home about in the clearances.

So coming within 4 goals of the best side in the comp at home and outscoring them for the final 3 quarters and restricting them to 4 goals in a half is so bad that everyone is saying Richmond will beat us next week. Yes Sydney got the job done early and were deserved winners, but the result was about what most would have expected going in.

So coming within 4 goals of the best side in the comp at home and outscoring them for the final 3 quarters and restricting them to 4 goals in a half is so bad that everyone is saying Richmond will beat us next week. Yes Sydney got the job done early and were deserved winners, but the result was about what most would have expected going in.

Essendon were very good last night the game should of been even closer had it not been for 2 direct turnovers in the center which cost you 2 goals especially the one to Rohan in the first quarter.

That first quarter cost you the game similar sort of start to our game earlier in the year, one thing i can say is Essendon will be a huge nuisance for any team in the last 4 weeks they are looking for big scalps.

Hurley comprehensively beat Reid and some marks he took were sublime, Ryder was super dangerous Richards couldn't go with him on the air or on the lead, put in that sort of performance against Richmond and you will destroy them imo.

Adam Goodes. You are a cheat. Umpires. You had an agenda and you played it perfectly. Well done.

Completely ruined an otherwise decent game of footy. Not a high quality game, but a game which should have been an arm wrestle and gone to the wire.

How on Earth do the Sydney Swans expect to be taken seriously when they duck their heads constantly for free kicks? When they look straight up at the umpire and whinge at the slightest bit of contact.

The game is an embarrassment if that's how we are to have it adjudicated herein.
You are seriously continuing to follow a sport where you actually believe there is some sort of umpiring conspiracy to give one team an unfair advantage?

How can you have any self-respect whatsoever? How can you look at yourself in the mirror?

Stop following AFL if you truly believe what you wrote there, and you will have taken the first vital step on the long, slow road to rebuilding your self-respect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back