Review Round 2, 2015: Box Hill Hawks v Coburg Lions, 26 April 2015, 2pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Box Hill, fresh from their round 1 victory over reigning premiers Footscray, host their first game of the season with a match against one of the stand-alone clubs, Coburg, at Box Hill City Oval. This match will be played by the teams for the ANZAC Cup.

Coburg will also come into the game with plenty of confidence after toppling Richmond in round 1 by 15 points, thanks to a four-goal burst that went unanswered by the Tigers in the third term. Younan and Cauchi each kicked three goals for the Lions, while former Melbourne and West Coast Eagles player Cale Morton picked up 29 possessions (Uysal had 32 and Venditti 25 for the Lions).

First bounce is at 2pm. With the Hawks having an early season bye next week (round 3), there's no better time to come down to Box Hill City Oval to watch one of the best teams in the VFL go through its paces.

The development squad plays its first game of the season with a match against the Coburg Lions reserves starting at 10.45am.

As per usual, 3WBC (94.1FM) will have full match coverae of the senior team. You can listen on the old wireless radio tuning in at 94.1FM, through the 3WBC website at 3wbc.org.au and using the TuneIn app on your favourite device.

Additionally, for those on twitter, you can follow updates from the Box Hill Hawks at www.twitter.com/boxhillhawks

Teams to be announced tonight with an extended bench for Box Hill.

Last edited:
Box Hill Hawks
B: Mirra Litherland Miles
HB: Howe Heatherley Gordon
C: Anderson Simpkin Willsmore
HF: Webster Hardisty Sicily
F: Schoenmakers Grimley O'Brien
Foll: Pittonet Woodward O'Rourke
Int from: Williams Evans Lawlor P.McEvoy O'Donnell Graham Exon Crocker Collins

Coburg
B: Posar Blair Hartley
HB: Clifton Lehmann Hunt
C: N.Thomas Uysal Venditti
HF: Hill Younan Cauchi
F: Williams Featherstone Orr
Foll: Goodwin Miles Morton
Int from: Madden Gleeson Brandt Mance M.Clark Bamblett Iacobaccio McConnell Fox

Dev Squad, 10:45am

Box Hill Hawks
B: S.Gibson Crocker Walker
HB: Exon Collins Summers
C: Williams Franetic Lock
HF: Lawlor P.McEvoy Miller-Lewis
F: Tobin Tatupu L.Langford
Foll: Z.Monkhorst Graham O'Donnell
Int from: Soccio Bond Fisher Traynor Jones Vizzarri Dimasi Pell Switkowski

Coburg
B: Robinson Gregory Iacobaccio
HB: Robertella M.Clark J.Clarke
C: Schraven Cooper Fox
HF: McConville Gleeson Brandt
F: Holdsworth MacDonald Christensen
Foll: Sortino Mance McConnell
Int from: Hemala Corigliano Tang Miletic Fitaax Symes Bailey Latham Fairbairn

Dev Squad, 10:45am

Box Hill Hawks
B: S.Gibson Crocker Walker
HB: Exon Collins Summers
C: Williams Franetic Lock
HF: Lawlor P.McEvoy Miller-Lewis
F: Tobin Tatupu L.Langford
Foll: Z.Monkhorst Graham O'Donnell
Int from: Soccio Bond Fisher Traynor Jones Vizzarri Dimasi Pell Switkowski

Coburg
B: Robinson Gregory Iacobaccio
HB: Robertella M.Clark J.Clarke
C: Schraven Cooper Fox
HF: McConville Gleeson Brandt
F: Holdsworth MacDonald Christensen
Foll: Sortino Mance McConnell
Int from: Hemala Corigliano Tang Miletic Fitaax Symes Bailey Latham Fairbairn

Does this mean P McEvoy plays in both games?

Does this mean P McEvoy plays in both games?

Unlikely. Remember that Box Hill has to name an extended bench due to Hawthorn playing on Sunday. He will play seniors, I reckon.

Hawthorn play on Saturday. But everyone on the Box Hill extended bench is also named in the Dev Squad. I guess they haven't finalised the Box Hill side yet, as they play on Sunday.

Given the current state of such a healthy list, then you'd imagine that any boys with niggles will be withdrawn prior to the game....We're up against a stand-alone team, so it pays to be conservative.

Reckon Simpkin will go to Adelaide, but Shoe and Ando could do with full VFL games.

I reckon all 3 will go to Adelaide as precautionary, much as last week!

Given the current state of such a healthy list, then you'd imagine that any boys with niggles will be withdrawn prior to the game....We're up against a stand-alone team, so it pays to be conservative.

I reckon all 3 will go to Adelaide as precautionary, much as last week!
Maybe. they will be back in time for Box Hill Sunday anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Planning to go to this match, hoping the rain stays away though :$

Hale must surely have a niggle if he's not playing.

I quite enjoy a wet day at the footy. My children loved it last year when it absolutely poured and they jumped in puddles all day. They won't be with me tomorrow though -missus is taking them to swimming lessons. Like that will help them in their adulthood! :rolleyes:

Hey everyone,
I'm going to my first Box Hill Hawks game and I've heard that parking in the matches is fairly painful. Where is the best place to park? Mind you I need to be at the ground around 12-12:30. Appreciate any help!

Don't think it's worthy of a new topic does anyone know if i can take my puppy to the game? Long time since I've been to a game

Hey everyone,
I'm going to my first Box Hill Hawks game and I've heard that parking in the matches is fairly painful. Where is the best place to park? Mind you I need to be at the ground around 12-12:30. Appreciate any help!

Parking shouldn't be too bad at that time. Don't think you'll have a problem finding a spot in a side street.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back