ROUND 2 A-LEAGUE DISCUSSION THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Best fans in the comp, really enjoy the enthusiasm, entertainment and loyalty with their support over the typical Aussie fickleness and conservatism towards support in sport. And I have disliked WSW.
that doesn't mean doing the poznan when you're losing isn't stupid.

Don't have a problem with it, probably showing their loyalty to a side that is playing the final of the ACL in a few days.

Don't have a problem with any of the support displayed apart from when fans start fights with opposition fans uneccesarily. I was in Sydney early 2013 before a derby when a large group of WSW fans started on a few SFC fans at the Royal Exhibition Hotel for no good reason, that's not on.

Last edited:
Did anyone see the Sydney FC fans run onto the ground after the 3rd goal was scored? They had a penalty notice of $5,500 for any spectators running onto the field if caught. Not sure if it will be imposed but pretty silly thing to do, even if it was a high emotional game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my opinion I don't think Ognenovski did too much wrong when Sydney were taking a corner and Mullen was complaining. But whoever clubbed Saba in the back of the head (think it was Og), that was pretty poor and surprised he wasn't down rolling along the ground after that one. That though felt like a real derby. Worrying signs though for the Wanderers with the ACL coming up, they'd certainly want to lift their game and hope Juric is back.

Watched highlights of the Sydney derby when they stood and stared at each other, was different. Never see that in English football.

It was manufactured crap, they should walk out together it's not rugby league
Yep theyre trying to make a big deal of it and not have the natural rivalry evolve like everyone else. Typical Sydney really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back